Milwaukee's Best Light | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-23-2002

3.25/5  rDev +60.1%

3.25/5  rDev +60.1%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Don't like light beers. Beast light is watery and inoffensive. Meh. For just 30 calories more, I could have had Beast Premium.

3.23/5  rDev +59.1%

12 oz can poured into a pilsner glass I got for my birthday.

Pours a very light gold but not completely see though , (it may be the glass). Nice foam head sticks around quite sometime for light lager.

Smells like corn malt malted barely, not quite the best smell in the world, just like any other light beer.

Taste- Malted barely some hop presence is there and also some cor presence, impressive, best light beer i've had, note I am competely keeping the style in mind because all I use to drink was light adjuct lagers and this one , it's doing the trick.

MF- Very light body with incredible crispness, very refreshing. which on turn makes this a very easy drinker.

I like it.

3.22/5  rDev +58.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

3.2/5  rDev +57.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

Pours a light yellow with very little lingering head.

Smells of grains and corn.

The taste is light, watery, grainy with some malts and very little hops.

The mouthfeel is like drinking water, but crisp and refreshing.

This beer is too damn drinkable. This beer is my closet indulgence that I love to drink on a hot day, while mowing the lawn, or with friends on summer days when planning to imbibe many. I love my micros, but this is the cheap macro that I always fall back on for an enjoyable drinking experience. I always have it on hand and probably always will.

3.2/5  rDev +57.6%

Can provided amid a bunch of stuff given to me for volunteering at 2005 GABF. Uhm, thanks guys, I really appreciate the opportunity. Stamp on the bottom reads 01026 E11862. Pours a two finger white and soda-like head over a clear pale straw orange liquid. The head settles stickily and is fed by a few streamers. Smells noticably malty sweet and with floral hop aroma. It's weak, but much stronger than I was expecting. The sweet is fairly non-descript. Corn and wet cardboard. The hops are light, like a Hallertauer. Tastes watery with a very mild sweet, pizza crust (imagine a really thin and cardboardy crust that's got no toppings), and a noticable hop flavor in the tongue. The hops come on stronger in the back of the throat during the aftertaste. Carbonation is only md-heavy, but still contributes a bit of sting to the flavor. Especially in the aftertaste, where it comes across as iron. thin body but with some dextrinous cling. Simple and much better than I was anticipating. I'd never buy this beer for my fridge, but I wouldn't turn one down. Judged to style, not my preferences.

3.15/5  rDev +55.2%

I grew up on this mess. More flavor than most light beers. Not much else to report. Standard light junk with local love. Lots of carbonation and hints of bittering hops.

3.1/5  rDev +52.7%

not the greatest beer ever and probably not in the top 1000 but it is a beer with exceptional drinkability. The appearance and smell are pretty poor but the mouthfeel and drinkability help a little. its a very cheap beer usually costing about 14-15 bucks. not good for sipping, only for college parties where you wanna get a cheap buzz.

3.09/5  rDev +52.2%

Clear pale straw color with lots of carbonation but almost no head.
Smell is grainy maybe some herbal hop notes.
Taste is cereal grains, some corn sweetness, and a nice lightly bitter finish.
Mouthfeel is watery as is the style. Carbonation is ample. Finish is lightly dry bitter and refreshing.
Overall much better than expected. Great summer beverage for getting motivated to work out doors.

3.08/5  rDev +51.7%

12 oz can poured into pint glass

A--Rips out of can with aggressive carbonation. Pale, light color with ascending bubbles. Head stuck around to say hello, but is dissapating and without really any lacing.

S--Earthy, adjuncty, a touch skunky/sour wit a touch of breadiness. All aforementioned are pretty weak. Smells like High Life's less "put-together" roommate.

T--Tastes....kinda ok! Very much on the light side. Adjuncty sweetness/corn meal as expected. Not much of an aftertaste, but certainly palatable. Taste is different and better than smell. No skunkiness or bitterness.

M--Light, clean, watery. It says it's brewed for a refreshing, clean taste. Mission accomplished I suppose.

D--I only have 1, and I'm only having one. This one is going down nicely, so I'm seeing the drinkablilty side of this. I'm wondering about the next day after-effects if I'd settle into a serious session.

3.06/5  rDev +50.7%

Milwaukee's Best Light brewed by Miller Brewing Co.,this brew has an ABV of 4.20% This brew pours out a nice golden amber color, with a small white head. The smell is sweet, with grains and malts. Nothing bad so far, now for the the taste. The taste is mild with flavor, and taste. You pick up on grains and some malts. There is also a watery taste in this brew. Not much in the taste of this brew, but it is ok. There is nothing overpowering about Milwaukee's Best Light, this is a nice drinking light brew. The mouthfeel of Milwaukee's Best Light is smooth and crisp. Nothing bad about this brew. It is what it is a light brew. This is a a brew that would go down nice and smooth on a hot summer day. Overall I'm giving Milwaukee's Best Light a 3.25 out of 5.

3.05/5  rDev +50.2%

Maybe it's "The Beast" marketing slogan. Maybe it's the insanely cheap price tag. Whatever it is, this beer tends to be met with a reaction of surprise if you buy it, or say you enjoy it. Let's be real though, this is the king of the bottom of the line beers.

It does taste very carbonated in the can, but not to a point where it's unbearable. Poured into a pint glass, the flavor disappears which is disappointing. The color is a poor urinary yellow and the head doesn't linger more than anyone would expect.

The drinkability is what gets me and many others...out of the can anyway. It's not bitter as many of the bad cheapos are. It's even borderline refreshing. The Milwaukee's Best brand seems to be a cult following and its drinkers are almost proud to be so. Count me in as a follower.

3.05/5  rDev +50.2%

Ah, Beast light. "Classic Taste at its best"....Not really, but around here it is the cheapest 30 case around, so I have spent more money on this than any other beer. It gets us all as wasted as we want to be for a minimum price. It's extremely carbonated, and has often been known to make people run around naked and pee on things. Not a great beer, but hey, you get what you pay for. Regardless, I am having one right now.

Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co. Poured from the can into a pint glass, this beer's head is 0 fingers thick with no lacing,and a clear golden body.

I smell faint corn and funk notes.

Tastes like pretty much the same elements as described above, but even more faint.

This brew's mouthfeel is clean and smooth.

Overall, I'll give Milwaukee's Best Light - Miller Brewing Co. a solid 3.

Milwaukee's Best Light from Miller Brewing Co.