Miller Lite Ice | Miller Brewing Co.

poor

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-02-2002

4.5/5  rDev +134.4%

3.7/5  rDev +92.7%

The first time I had this, I bought a 12 pack in Korea when (I believe) it first came out in 1995. I had to choke down the first one or two but there was no way I was wasting a 12 pack, so I kept going. By the time I finished all 12, I didn't think it was too bad. In fact I ended up buying a few more and it grew on me. If it was still around today, it would be my macro of choice. It is definitely an acquired taste, though as others I knew couldn't finish their first one.

3.25/5  rDev +69.3%

2.75/5  rDev +43.2%

2.73/5  rDev +42.2%

Sort of a sweet malt/corn smell that is typical for ice beers of this type. Alcohol content is only slightly higher than a normal beer and is not overly noticable. Has sort of a sick grassy flavor to me that I did not find appealing. However, this beer is not flagrantly offensive to the palate -- just a simple ice beer made during the ice beer hype days.

2.5/5  rDev +30.2%

2.5/5  rDev +30.2%

2.35/5  rDev +22.4%

I'm surprised a beer this outstanding isn't already in the system and I feel privledged to add it (Huge sarcasim in that sentence)..I'm not sure if it is classified as a Ice Lager or Light Lager..I guessed light..

Light straw colored...no head retention...very little aroma but some hints of sweetness rather than hops which is different than regular "Lite" if I remember correctly..not a lot of flavor...goes down easy and no bad "off" tastes which for a beer like this is a definite positive..does have just a bit of that ice/alcohol flavor but not as strong as some of the other "Ice's" I've had...this is not a terrible beer...It's drinkable, and I guess for a light it's at least average...

2.35/5  rDev +22.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.25/5  rDev +17.2%

Man, this is some rough swill here. Has little hints of it's brother Miller lite, but so many overtones of alcohol and water, it's hard to make out what this beer really tastes like. Gave me a headache after only 2. This beer had little flavor of corn or hops and left quite a lot to be desired. Not for me, but you may like it.

2.11/5  rDev +9.9%

I'm tasting a 5-month-past-expiration-date 40oz. of Lite Ice, for the record. Probably the most notable thing about this beer, other than the fact it was created in the first place, is its horrible smell. It repels the nose. I've smelled it three times in an attempt to describe it, and the closest thing I can identify it with is probably sweat. The beer itself is kind of sour tasting.. not as bad as the smell but nothing I'd buy again. Lite Ice simply sucks.

1.99/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

1.96/5  rDev +2.1%

Pours a pale straw color with a full white head that leaves just a bit of lacing. Aromas are quite simple with a lime like nose and just a hint of grainy malts. The flavors to this brew are pretty one dimensional with just hints of toasted grain and biscuit and a bitter finish that gives off some limey and citrus like flavors. The carbonation is sharp and refreshing at the same time but there's really nothing to this beer in general. Overall you pay for what you get for and this brew is no surprise.

1.9/5  rDev -1%

1.75/5  rDev -8.9%

Miller Lite Ice from Miller Brewing Co.