Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 1,263 | Ratings: 4,826
1.8/5  rDev -16.7%

Remember the first beer you funnel-chugged at your university. Remember that time your 4th fake finally worked, and you proudly walked out with a case of liquid gold. Was it some sort of microbrewery sour rhubarb whatever? Was it some strange nitro oatmeal stout with hints of hazelnut and leather pants? No. It was simple. Pure. Miller Light. It’s the intangibles. So what if it isn’t fancy or new or from Belgium? They’re not selling taste, they’re selling nostalgia.

2.98/5  rDev +38%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

From the can, it pours a clear light golden color with a large white head that slowly diminishes as you watch. In the nose, it is very light, er Lite, in scent. In the mouth, the same. Best after a long hot day.

1.37/5  rDev -36.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Had it for free at a Casino, actually not free I tipped the girl 1.00. Pretty bad beer even though it was kinda cold it smelled bad and I’m amazed anyone would walk into a store and buy this with so many more options to choose from.

2.33/5  rDev +7.9%

L;. Pours a straw yellow with a large fizzy white head that dissipates quite quickly, leaves some lacing on the glass.

S:. Grain and sweet apple mix with a light hop. Not offensive but not inviting either.

T:. Grain, sweet apple, a hint of hop. Very light.

F:. Light body, crisp.

O:. Not as bad as some of the other cheaper options.

3.26/5  rDev +50.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Good basic tasty beer. Drink a Lagunitas IPA and then two or three of these. Maybe the best of the macro-lites. Not nearly hoppy enough for the top tier beers; but still recommended for daily consumption in reasonable amounts!

4.07/5  rDev +88.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

For a cheap domestic beer I would recommend. It is super lite with not too much of a taste of course, but you can put down one after another. They go down like water. One of the few domestic brews that I would fill up a fridge with. Definitely a good college beer!

2.83/5  rDev +31%

I'm a big fan of craft brews, (at least I was until the hyper-hoppy IPA-that-tastes-like-grapefruit craze came along about 4 or 5 years ago). But there are times when I want a lower alcohol beer to quench my thirst after mowing the lawn, or to drink 4 or 5 while tailgating at a football game.

Having grown up in the 70's, Lite Beer From Miller brings back memories of funny commercials with middle aged sports heroes that I was too young to remember when they played. When I'm looking for an easy drinking, low-cal, after-yard-work beer to re-hydrate myself on a hot summer day, this is an old favorite.

It's ridiculous to go into the aromas and finishes on a beer this basic and inexpensive - I'll just say it's the only major brewery light beer that really tastes like beer to me instead of unflavored soda water. You can actually taste the malt, it's not too sweet, not too carbonated and that old tv commercial wasn't lying about the "less filling" aspect of it.

2.98/5  rDev +38%

Clear gold, with moderate white head.

Smell is somewhat fruity, apple juice with a little pear, plus some sweeet(ish) floral notes, and a little doughy bread aroma.

Taste is .....slight, but inoffensive. What there is : light bread crust, a hint of Granny Smith apple and associated tang, a little wet straw, and mild pleasant bitterness. Leaves a faint wet cardboard aftertaste coating the tongue, encouraging another sip.

Feel is light, of course, with moderate carbonation tingle. After swallow my tongue feels coated, as if I'd been licking wet cardboard .

Overall, not horrible, just not that good. Might be OK, with spicy food, and finished quickly. Taking the time to do this review, and savor it, is not the way to go. If not for that cardboard aftertaste and feel, I might actually like it. I DO like it going down, but have to stop drinking sometime. ;) Then it becomes less pleasant. *shrug*

4.09/5  rDev +89.4%

Out of the "Big 3" of mainstream beers (Bud, Coors, and Miller), Miller is definitely my favorite and the most tolerable out of the 3. Can drink a few of these while out golfing, doing yard work, or just hanging out in the summer. Surprisingly refreshing. You can't go wrong with a Miller Lite!

4.77/5  rDev +120.8%

This is my go to beer for on stock in the fridge. Its a good light beer that has full flavor of real country boy beer. Out of the American Light Lager (generics) that you can get, this is my personal favorite. Full flavor, clean, can drink all night. Won't fill you up and never let you down.

3.84/5  rDev +77.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

It sure as hell isn't pilsner urquell , but 2.49 for a 24 oz can at the QT can't be beat. Tastes kind of weak version of a Pills.
But clearly, this is sold for consumption, not award winning Pils.
I really don't get people who compare this with something it isn't.
It's cheap, gets the job done, and some women like it. A good point for consumerism. Which the Miller/Bud/Coors completely understand. They don't give a damn about a snotty review on some beer website.
I understand why it tastes like it does and why it sells like free beer.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I tried this a while ago in one of the big 24 oz cans and I was pleasantly surprised. Normally I don't go for the mass produced lagers, especially because I gravitate more towards ales, but this had a pretty decent flavor. Still more dull/watered down than more independently made lagers and pilsners, but especially for the price there is enough flavor to satisfy and the taste is pretty good. Almost has a slight herbiness to it, and a small amount of hop flavor, not much but more than I expected from a mass produced beer. I wish it were less carbonated and smoother, but again it's expected for the price. It would be an alright beer to get when it's on sale and if offered it out somewhere I'd gladly take it.

2.53/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not too bad. Safe, clean, crisp, just very watery and bland. Clean golden color, actually a scant amount of lingering white head and lacing. Very faint aromas of corn, grain and malt. No hops. Tastes mainly of faint sweet corn, a little malt. Very weak flavors. No skunkiness or bitterness. Clean thin mouthfeel, decent carbonation. I’d pass on this one and drink other light beers.

3.72/5  rDev +72.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a classic 12oz can at 40 degrees,

Look: Pours a clear, pale, yellow color
Smell: Smells mildly sweet with some bitterness
Taste: The flavor is crisp and clean with light pilsner malts. Bitterness and minimal and balanced.
Mouthfeel: A well carbonated lager.

Overall: This is your typical light lager. I think ultimately it is the best light beer of the American lagers. Although the flavor profile is low, it is appropriately balanced in hop bitterness and malts. Definitely beats a Bud or Coors. I think Miller wins and Milwaukee is the king of American light beer. Yes, American light beers are an abomination, but for the style this light beer it deserves better than its reputation.

3.64/5  rDev +68.5%

Not sure what others are drinking this is on par with Amstel Lite, Amstel takes the edge. A solid very good, drinkable beer. Blows away the other lite beers in its category. Looks great, pours great and is consistent. A bit to much seltzer action for my liking but that is the name of the game and is unpretentious about it. If they could sustain more head that would help its character.
On hot summers day after a few hours of labor no one on the planet is going to say "no" to one of these.

2.44/5  rDev +13%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Another brew I have drank an absolute ton of over the years. I've been debating on whether or not this rating is fair, and I've finally determined it is. Of the big 3, I like Coors light significantly better and Bud Light marginally more. The ratings for each reflect this, so I am comfortable with it.

2.04/5  rDev -5.6%

12oz can. Airplane beverage. Served into a plastic cup. Clear golden yellow body, one and half finger white head, good retention and lacing. Smell is watered down barley grain, slight sugar, and more water. It's not very aromatic, and the palate is pretty bland too. It's an inoffensive beer without much hop character or hop aromatics to it. Mouthfeel is light bodied, thin and watery, not much flavor or nuance on the backend.

1.67/5  rDev -22.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Drink one and it's sweet and no flavor but refreshing, drink two and your thirst is quenched. Drink three and it tastes like dirt. No really, it actually tastes like the dirt in your backyard, try it.

3.9/5  rDev +80.6%

I just had my first Miller Lite a few days ago. I wish I tried it earlier in my lifetime. While it won't become my true love (Yuengling's Black & Tan) it is definitely something that I will have a longing for. The taste might be on the bland side and not earthy how I prefer. However that is not where it gets its merits. Miller Lite so far is the smoothest and crispest tasting beer that I have ever had. It is so smooth that you will forget you are drinking an adult beverage. Miller Lite is not about getting drunk the fastest or cheapest. Miller Lite is all about relaxing and enjoying everything that is going on around you. The hops are so perfectly balanced and while it's possible that a bad batch may occur once in awhile I am lucky that my first taste of this fine product was a good experience. I would totally recommend this beverage to anyone (21 or older) that has a disdain for cheap alcohol and wants to drink something enjoyable. Everyone's tastes may vary but my love for this product will not. I found one of my mistress.

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Pours a crystal clear straw color, visible carbonation and a moderate fluffy head that surprisingly displays good retention.
The aroma features corn and rice adjuncts, along with a saccharine like grainy sweetness that evokes soda.
The taste is mostly clean and watery. The little bit of flavor it has is unbalanced; dry grainy taste, slightly lemony, and strange astringent finish.
Light bodied, very thin, crisp but overcarbonated; feels like a weird flavored seltzer.
Hard to believe but this might be the first Miller Lite I’ve ever had. I have three more bottles that were given to me. I might try one more but will either give away the rest or use it for cooking.

3.99/5  rDev +84.7%

Easily the best crushing beer out there, yet surprisingly versatile. Accompanies gourmet food as well as it satisfies post-yard work.

Ridiculously refreshing in a chilled glass.

Bottom line, if I could only drink one beer for the rest of my life, I have yet to find one I would choose over Miller Lite.

I remember having one at a bar or restaurant or something a few months ago and it was indeed very good. ca. 2008

For more than four years this has been my standard light beer. I can bracket it with higher-end microbrews, or go exclusive microbrew and then return to it. Either way it holds up, and that increases the ranking. It’s not special in any single way, rather it’s satisfying in a trustworthy way. 2013/04/28

When I'm trying to lose weight, but not trying very hard, Miller Lite is my go-to.

The problem is, for me at least, that it's essentially the same deal as smoking ultra lights - it sort of fulfills the craving, but you need seven of them... so you actually drink/smoke more. Miller Lite just isn't very substantial - it's primarily water without a whole lot of taste or character. It's definitely clean and super sessionable though. Great for fishing, hiking, disc golf, rich person golf, etc.

It's not a shitty beer, but it sure as hell isn't a great one.

taste like carp cheap poor just like bud light only one step pasted bud light bought it once did not like it won't buy it again stay heck away from this beer.

I drove all the way here and all you have for me is light beer! I like it and it once again a welcome break from all the overwhelming variety of craft brews! Still not as good as Hamm's though!

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.16 out of 5 with 4,826 ratings