Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Ratings: 4,532 |  Reviews: 1,199
3.22/5  rDev +41.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Not bad

3.53/5  rDev +54.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

In a blind taste test between Coors Light, Miller Lite, and, Bud Light at a recent bottle share, Coors Light was the clear winning with some actual taste including a hint of hop bitterness. Miller came in second on because Bud Light had no apparent flavor or body. Bud LIght is by far the worst.

1.49/5  rDev -34.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

So I reviewed Coors lite earlier because I am working my way through a bunch of leftover beers from a party at my place this weekend. It was awful. This is just a step above awful. Pours no head at all. Crisp first taste of sweet and corn. Corn finish with some kind of metallic/bread flavor. Coors light is horrid. This is a step above. Lets call it disgraceful instead.

2.05/5  rDev -10.1%

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

1.38/5  rDev -39.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

I'm reviewing just for the fun of it. This actually isn't the worst of the macros I'd rather have this than Budweiser. Just had one with my dad whose in his 70s so he won't have a craft New England IPA. So I rated this kinda harsh because I did finish it without a problem. It wasn't the worst I've ever had. It might actually be my favorite macro but that's not saying much. Just that it's the best of the worst. If craft beer isn't your thing I'd recommend.

2.08/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

1.5/5  rDev -34.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.34/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

This beer pours a clear pale straw color with lots of active carbonation. It almost looks watery. There is a two finger dense yet fizzy bright white head. Retention is pretty minimal and there are a few spots of lacing left on the glass.

Smell is sooo bland. Grain, corn, a touch of bread, and a hint of grassy/floral hop aroma.

Taste is the same. Boring and bland.

Feel is light and smooth. Moderate carbonation, but still feels watery.

Overall this beer is not good. It used to be my weapon of choice throughout my high school years. I actually thought it was a good beer compared to the keystones and beast ices that were a mainstay of most of the parties back then. I haven't touched the stuff in ~12 years and wanted to see if I would still enjoy it, even if it was only nostalgic. Obviously things have changed quite a bit, because even on a hot day I wouldn't enjoy this. I'd rather a real example of a pilsner with some flavor, a craft lager or a gose.

2.44/5  rDev +7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

3.85/5  rDev +68.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Sorry. I like the adjunct corn taste. My favorite light beer.

2.8/5  rDev +22.8%

1.95/5  rDev -14.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 1.75

12 oz can. Another bland macro lager. This has more flavor than the Miller High Life I already rated on here, though. Better than Bud LIght because it doesn’t give me a headache. Better than Coors Light because it doesn’t go flat 3/4 through the beer. Good for a macro, but by no means a good beer.

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%

3.78/5  rDev +65.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.13/5  rDev +37.3%

2.33/5  rDev +2.2%

4.09/5  rDev +79.4%

2.95/5  rDev +29.4%

1.37/5  rDev -39.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.4/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

O.K. just because...this was my go to beer many many moon ago and sitting here having a nice I.P.A. I felt the needed to go off the beaten path.
We all know it is a wimpy yellow beer and as for aroma it has lite one... the taste is weak, but can be refreshing at parties and picnics. As for feel smooth as if no feel at all. It is a beer that is hard to rate since Micros and Crafts really came out of the closet. hahaha! all in all my go to beer if needed.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.