Love Belgian Beer?

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,158 | Ratings: 4,377
2.2/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Miller Shite....for meatheads with no taste buds and even less taste in beer.like drinking seltzer flavoured with dog piss.pointless, unless you have no personality and spend your time at parties throwing a ping pong ball into cups.

3.28/5  rDev +43.9%

Miller Lite is an easy beer, that's really all I can say about it. It's relatively tasteless in my opinion and sits somewhere in between bud light and a coors light. It's not a beer I'll buy, but I'll never turn one down.

2.8/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Miller Brewing Co. - Miller Lite. 4.17% ABV. 20oz tall glass ordered at a restaurant.

Look: Pale golden straw body with visible carbonation bubbles, and a small half finger white head.

Smell: Grain, crackers, and sweetness.

Feel: Light and carbonated; easily drinkable.

Taste: About like the smell; mostly grain with a huge saltine cracker like backbone.

Overall: Not much variety between this style of light beer. This one does seem better than others, since I prefer the taste of saltine crackers to corn sweetness.

2.38/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

A: Light yellow color with white soapy head.
S: Light sweet-grain smell. Not much to smell at all.
T: Slight taste of crackerish sweet grains. Not much taste at all.
F: Light, easy, session beer. Decent amount of carbonation.
O: This is an alright example of a light American adjunct. There are better, there are worst. There are better cheap session beers, but I wouldn't ever turn this one down.

3.7/5  rDev +62.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Poured from 24 oz can into shaker pint, pours the standard light clear yellow that you'd expect, but with a decently nice head that doesn't die super fast.
Smelled of light grain and steel, but not bad.
Tasted of light toasted grain and some nice toasty malt on the back end. Very pleasant.
Mouthful is not fizzy and nasty like you'd think, It's actually medium bodied and feels like a good beer.
Overall, my new favorite of the 3 big light macro lagers.

Pours a crystal clear light yellow and rather pee like.

Really doesn't smell like anything.

Tastes like strong water.

Light-bodied, high carbonation.

Overall, not good.

4.24/5  rDev +86%

(four 8 oz cans, poured in succession, keeping my Chouffe tulip near full - review #1000)

L: crystal-clear liquid of a sunny golden-yellow hue... poured with about an inch of loose, white foam, which for some reason doesn't immediately disappear... somehow, a thin collar of suds remains... no lace of note - it seems like it wants to stick, but you can actually see it retract from the glass

S: wet stainless steel, lightly-toasted cereal grain - mildly cereal-like similar to one of the Chex brands... tiny hint of green grass on the edges... arguably has an overtone of what I can only describe as the damp floor and general interior of a large warehouse or factory... not picking up the triple hops... altogether, not powerful or inviting, but more definition than expected

T: one should be able to tell during its light-moderate watery finish that it's missing some meat, but the malt that's there is at a surprising level... bit of a subtle almost artificial sweetishness (Splenda?) that lingers that seems to balance the grassy/dirty-penny... the blend of malt/corn may be sort of awash in or cut with mineral water, but there is some flavor to be had here once unfrozen

F: surprising degree of body to it (when warmer), but still rather light and disappearing on the palate... maybe I need to eat, but I'm getting a subtle glow of warmth in the back of the palate... the carbonation comes across very quiet and a bit fluffy-foamy... I gotta say, perhaps it's a fortunate choice of glass, but I cannot see what they could do to improve the textures of this beer - I'm still floored that it's anything but thin and fizzy

O: I got myself into trouble on a few occasions as a teenager drinking this crap: 1) this was the featured beer among a menu mostly consisting of random old man's liquors when I nearly gave myself alcohol poisoning raiding a friend's dad's bar when I was 15 (slept 14 hours that evening, missed the next day of school - shame shame), 2) powered down 10 beer bongs of this in an hour once - the one and only time I can recall having a feeling coming close to being on psychedelics by way of drinking (age: about 16), 3) was arrested after having shared a case of cans with the aforementioned friend in the car while driving down south for spring break - we almost got there without incident, and managed to only have one unopened can left - stuff to be proud of... anyway, first, this might be the first time I've ever had this in a glass - traditionally, I've only swilled this from a can... surprised how relatively tasty this actually is when poured out into a glass - I cannot say the same about most other adjunct lagers... and this just further supports my feeling that of the classic big 3, Miller's beers I seem to loathe least... a sentimental classic

2.61/5  rDev +14.5%

My first beer. Golden color good carbonation and refreshing taste. Problem is there isn't much difference between it and the other Major light beers. Over time you begin to notice that it hasn't any depth of flavor. Oh well, its not expensive.

3.58/5  rDev +57%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Staple beer, refreshing with taste. Can drink them like water. Is it the best beer? No. But compared to other Marco Lights it has the most flavour. Definitely tastes great & is less filling.

2.17/5  rDev -4.8%

I've had many expensive small batch craft beers and many cheap Marco brews. I saw a 4 pack of tallboy cans of Miller Lite on sale and decided to try them. I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Is it the best beer ever?, no, but it's not bad either. I know the "beer snobs" hate it, but I can't stand IPAs, which most snobs love, so I don't put much stock in their opinions. I find the taste to be rather pleasant. It's a good "mowin the lawn" beer. I'd buy it again when it goes back on sale.

4.87/5  rDev +113.6%

This was the first beer I ever had and it is still a staple in my fridge.
I've moved on Ales and other dark lagers, but this is always my go-to beer.
Bottle, can, or on-tap I love it all!

2.17/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Uuhhh, this is okay. I'd never buy it but I wouldn't turn it down if it's free at a party or event. Of the big three light beers, this one is probably the best. (Or should I say, the least worst.) It's inoffensive and drinkable, and sometimes there's nothing wrong with that.

2.4/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Of all the macro lagers this is my favorite. Still hard to drink after you get used to drinking high quality beers though. I will probably be buying this a few times this summer.

1.08/5  rDev -52.6%

This beer is trying to be a full flavored beer when it is a light beer. Smells like feet after the gym. Aftertaste is just horrendous. If a person has this beer to drink and only this I pass on drinking period. I would rather drink anything other than this beer. I don't understand how anyone can drink this beer! If I were to choose a Miller it would be Miller Genuine Draft.

2.39/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Not that offensive, it just lacks an aroma. Flavor is sweet malt and generic bitter on the back end to give it some balance. These light beers tend to make me feel more full because I drink and drink without getting much besides a belly full of air *burp!*

4.1/5  rDev +79.8%

Many people seem to be missing the point about this beer: It is a fine pilsner, not a light lager; and that is a huge difference. Not to be a beer snob, but when you finally begin to think of yourself as a beer connoisseur, then you tend to go from one end of the scale to the other, from darks to lights, from reds to ambers, hops to smooth. The thing with a pilsner, is that they are very scarce; and once you start loving them, it becomes like a treasure hunt to find them. Miller Lite is such a treasure. It gets a bad rap, or no rap really, because it has been there since the beginning of all the "new beer" nonsense of the '80s and 90's like dry beer, light beer, ultra light beer, ice beer, bottled draft, cold-filtered, and so on. And so, having been left out of the circus, it has come full circle as a true American Pilsner, made from real bohemian pilsner malt, not lager malt. Taste the difference. First of all, a good pilsner can pull off a buzz without bloat at only 4% abv, whereas, you cannot even start a light lager lower than 4.7, and then you will be pushing the bloat envelope. Really, take another look at this beer.

2.66/5  rDev +16.7%

Clear light golden. Effervescent and bubbly but withconspicuously no head. Slightly skunky on the nose with a honey sweetness. The taste is much better than the nose. Wheat grain sweetness starts off but gives way to a mild tangy carbonic mineral taste and a light dry grass bitterness. Don't be fooled, these are all very mild flavors and a cool watery juicy feeling prevails from start to finish on the taste. The mouth feel is better than most adjunct beers that are usually on the cloyingly sweet side. This beer finishes medium light dry with a slight cool graphite aftertaste. Overall, one of my preferred adjunct beers.

2.18/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

I had this on draught at a basketball game. It was the shortest line for beer. Poured into plastic glass. The color is a crystal clear, golden yellow with a thin, snow-white head and lacing on the side of the glass. It had very little smell: some bready yeast and grain, that's about it. This is about as bland as beer gets. There is some sweet grain but nothing else. There is a slight dry bitterness at the finish. This beer is as light as it could be, both in body and carbonation. Given its low ABV, you could drink a lot of it, but it's hardly worth the effort. I should have waited on the longer line for better beer.

1.24/5  rDev -45.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Can from hotel happy hour. I don’t really see the point of these light lagers, they’re bland and tasteless. Pale golden color, no head, no aroma, bland cereal taste. Yuk!

1.74/5  rDev -23.7%

I give all beers a chance. I gave this one a chance. Appearance saved this beer because it looks like your standard macro lager. Smell was faint hops and grains. Felt watery and well, light. Overall this fell short. Wouldn't drink it again.

2.38/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Ok, I never thought I'd be reviewing this beer but all my regular beers were gone and this was left over from a party so I gave it a go. I admit I used to drink this as a standard "at the ball game" brew, but this is pretty awful compared to what I have become used to with since I discovered craft beer a few years ago. I do think it's better than Bud Light. That's the highest compliment I can pay to pay this "beer."

2.41/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

It's probably a little bit better than bud light and maybe a little worse than coors light. If i have to drink a light beer i prefer coors but they're all pretty much the same.

3.87/5  rDev +69.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

This is my favorite, standard beer. I think it deserves much better marks than PBR for example. This beer is delicious and refreshing. It doesn't have the delightful tang of a bud light, but it's flavor is fuller, and richer. Murica!

2.44/5  rDev +7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Pours pale yellow with a small, shortlived, white head & poor lacing. Aroma lightly beery, faintly sweet, white bread, some faint hops. Taste watery grain & some very thin hops. Like Bud Lite it's a good choice if its free or in the hands of someone else.

2.26/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Poured rather aggressively from a glass bottle into a Samuel Adams Perfect Pint glass.

Look: A pale and translucent straw yellow. Rather heavy carbonation rising quickly through the glass. A two-finger head dissipates rather slowly into a half-finger head after letting it rest for a minute.

Smell: Neutral grains and corn. Searching for something else but it cannot be found.

Taste: Very faint bread grains. Something lingers that reminds one of apples. Incredibly watery. It tastes like slightly bitter water.

Feel: Loose and watery. Quickly dissipates which forces one to want to take another swig.

Overall: My choice of the big three strictly because Miller Lite is generally regarded as the beer for average people. Bud light is for white trash and when is the last time you met anyone that drinks Coors regularly? I think it's important to keep in mind that macro beers like this are made for easy drinking, and there's no denying you can pound these back about as easy as a bottle of water.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.