Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

View: Beers
Ratings: 4,615 |  Reviews: 1,212
2.25/5  rDev +2.7%

2.18/5  rDev -0.5%

Had at a BBQ after I had finished what I brought. Next time I need to bring a few more of my own.

A: Pale yellow/straw colored with a foamy white head that dissipates quickly. Little bits of lace form after taking a sip, but are gone pretty quickly.

S: Pretty muted, grainy malt, a bit of corn sweetness. No hops.

T: Some grainy malt and a bit more sweetness than the aroma. Where are the triple hops though?

M: Light bodied with high carbonation. On the watery side, but that wasn't too surprising.

O: Easy to drink, but only because there really isn't much to it. Not what I want to be drinking, but won't refuse it if there is nothing else and I am out with friends or at some sort of social event.

1.95/5  rDev -11%

There are several Big Questions for many Americans: Ford vs. Chevy, apple pie vs. cherry pie, Betty vs. Veronica, Red Sox vs. Yankees and McDonald's vs. Burger King. Where one sits on these most important questions of our times speaks volumes about one's character and good sense. Loyalty to one or the other often runs strong and deep with many a long night in a dimly lit bar spent arguing the merits of one particular side.

With that in mind, I decided to answer, for myself, another of the Big Questions, namely Bud Light vs. Miller Lite. Neither has much to recommend it, but one has to be better, er... less bad... doesn't it? My Bud Light review is already 'in the can' so to speak, so here we go with the Miller.

Absolutely clear, pale straw. The head is very nearly cotton white and actually seems to have some substance to it. It's not that impressive, but it is more dense than I expected. A little lace is actually beginning to stick to the upper reaches of the glass. The smell isn't impressive, but neither is it offensive. Mildly toasted grain is about it. The taste is sub-par, but isn't as nasty tasting as the Bud Light was. Slightly sour grain with a mild bitter bite is about all that I can appreciate.

The mouthfeel is thin, watery and overly fizzy. In other words, it's a lite/light version of a macro lager. I will never buy this beer again and would have second thoughts about drinking it if nothing else was available. That said, I'd at least be able to get it down and keep it down, unlike Bud Light. So there you have it. Miller wins the battle of the lightweights, although that isn't saying a whole helluva lot.

Oh yeah, the answers to the questions posed above are: neither one, cherry, Veronica, ML baseball can kiss my fed up, disillusioned ass, and Wendy's.

1.28/5  rDev -41.6%

From 05/29/11 notes. Part II of my reviewing bad beers at a wedding. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a tulip like glass.

a - Pours a clear, pale golden color with one finger of fluffy white head and high carbonation evident.

s - Smells of sour bready, grain, rice, wheat, and metallic notes. The sourness and metal blends into a truely aweful smell.

t - Tastes of cigarettes, metallic notes, sour bready, wheat, and grain. The metal and sourness from the nose is now mixing with what I imagine cigarette butts taste like. I've always pitured the brewers brewing this beer while smoking, and just throwing the butts in as they finished their cigarettes.

m - Light body and high carbonation. Water-like feel and too carbonated.

o - Overall this is one of my least favorite beers, and probably the worst of the BMC products in my opinion.

At this point in the night I saw someone with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, which was apparently being served at one bar but not the other, so I abandoned my bad beer reviewing and switched to SN and whiskey for the rest of the night.

2.36/5  rDev +7.8%

This the usual light brewski, same as the rest ... one of the better light beers out there for sure if you are a stickiler to styles. Light bodied, thin lace and minimal head retention. Lots of corn in the aroma and flavor, finishes pretty damn dry. More or less a sad excuse for beer.

1.5/5  rDev -31.5%

2.5/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.89/5  rDev +32%

This is just "another american macro beer". To bad the amount of money spent on advertising couldnt generate a better beer. Look this beer is golden in color, clear with decent carbonation. The smell and taste is dominated by grain/barley. The mouthfeel is fine. After any sporting activity or workingin thehot sun....this beer tastes great....but when compared to others....not so much.

1.73/5  rDev -21%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

2.05/5  rDev -6.4%

Well because you have to I am gonna try some macros and just put my thoughts out there. Here is the first. Poured a pale yellow, with tons of visible carbonation, big frothy head faded instantly revealing a clear bubbly liquid. No smell, maybe a bit musty but really nothing. Taste was so watered down and bland. Light grain taste, but drink it cold because once it warms its done. Smooth and deeply carbonated, drinks like a soda. The only reasonable points it gets are for drinkibility, if it is ice cold goes down well, if its warm, watch out!

2.15/5  rDev -1.8%

I saw a sign that said 'free beer' when I purchased my wild boar burger at Fuddruckers so I took the chance to review a beer I would not pay for. served chilled in a clear plastic cup.

The color is golden, darker than I would have imagined, very clear with a thin white cap and fast moving bubbles. The smell is pretty tame, not really offensive as much as just faint. The smell does come off as slightly metallic as it gets beyond chilled closer to room temp. The feel is very light, so watery it is very carbonated and airy like corn-pops in the malt texture, just kind of a seltzery feel.

This taste is again as the smell promised, not much of anything - nothing terrible except the fact that it seems almost flavorless, gentle adjunct-type sweetness and slight hint of spice which could just be the high carbonation tricking my tastebuds. Overall I can't imagine a beer I would like to drink less of -just seems like the only thing it was good for was cleansing my palate after an order of chili-cheese fries.

2.62/5  rDev +19.6%

A cheap beer consumed in "honor" of a friend's birthday, as we didn't have anything else around.

A: I poured it into a glass just because I hadn't examined the looks of Miller Lite in quite some time. I was astonished at how absolutely close to being clear this beer is. Just the slightest touch of yellow, and no head.

S: So much for that "triple hops" brewing technique, as all there is to the aroma is some grain and corn. Alright, maybe an ever so slight hint of hops.

T: The taste is a bit more "robust" than other BMC products (especially of the "lite" variety), but that's not saying much. There is some actual grain taste and sweetness. Again, that "triple hops" brewing system must have been out of commission the day this batch was brewed...

M: Thin, light, and watery in terms of the body, and quite fizzy on the tongue.

D: This is drinkable in the way that water is drinkable (because that's mostly what it tastes like). I gave it the rating I did for drinkability because while you can certainly consume a lot of them due to their rather neutral flavor, I just wouldn't want to. At this point in my beer drinking life, anyway.

2.22/5  rDev +1.4%

The beer is completely clear with a thin white collar that leaves minimal lacing. The aroma is typical of a macro lager, with sweet grain and corn. The flavor is fairly sweet, with a mediocre grainy taste. One of these is more than enough. Uninteresting and oddly sweet. The body is thin with a solid carbonation level. The finish brings more sweet grain, with a total lack of hop presence. Overall, I will never understand why the masses continually buy this beer.

2.25/5  rDev +2.7%

2.56/5  rDev +16.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

I had some people over this past weekend and a couple of these remained in the fridge after everyone left. Pours a Light golden straw color with a decent head that slowly dissipates to a cap on top leaving lots of lace on the way down. Pilsner malt, and a light nondescript spiciness provides balance. There's not a whole lot going on in the aroma here. The taste is lightly bready with a crisp almost tart spiciness that does well to balance any malt that might show up. Thin body with a thin watery mouthfeel and an ample amount of carbonation. There's certainly nothing overly offensive here, but at the same time there's nothing exciting here either. This might make an ok lawnmower beer, but I can think of many with some flavor that I would pick over this.

2.38/5  rDev +8.7%

Served in a Chicago Bears shaker pint glass.

Somehow this bottle (plastic with a soda-style twist-off top, by the by) escaped the Swill Tour 2010. Well, don't you worry, it's meeting its destiny now. It pours a clear sallow topped by less than a finger of white foam. The nose comprises funked wheat, hard water, corn syrup, and vegetable oil. Not much difference in the taste, though the corn syrup is trying really hard to add some bland sweetness. Vanity. The body is quite light, with a moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, just a crappy beer in general. But something tells me you already knew this. I mean, they couldn't even spell "Light" correctly...

3.25/5  rDev +48.4%

1.9/5  rDev -13.2%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.19 out of 5 with 4,615 ratings