Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Ratings: 4,532 |  Reviews: 1,199
2.05/5  rDev -10.1%

Well because you have to I am gonna try some macros and just put my thoughts out there. Here is the first. Poured a pale yellow, with tons of visible carbonation, big frothy head faded instantly revealing a clear bubbly liquid. No smell, maybe a bit musty but really nothing. Taste was so watered down and bland. Light grain taste, but drink it cold because once it warms its done. Smooth and deeply carbonated, drinks like a soda. The only reasonable points it gets are for drinkibility, if it is ice cold goes down well, if its warm, watch out!

2.15/5  rDev -5.7%

I saw a sign that said 'free beer' when I purchased my wild boar burger at Fuddruckers so I took the chance to review a beer I would not pay for. served chilled in a clear plastic cup.

The color is golden, darker than I would have imagined, very clear with a thin white cap and fast moving bubbles. The smell is pretty tame, not really offensive as much as just faint. The smell does come off as slightly metallic as it gets beyond chilled closer to room temp. The feel is very light, so watery it is very carbonated and airy like corn-pops in the malt texture, just kind of a seltzery feel.

This taste is again as the smell promised, not much of anything - nothing terrible except the fact that it seems almost flavorless, gentle adjunct-type sweetness and slight hint of spice which could just be the high carbonation tricking my tastebuds. Overall I can't imagine a beer I would like to drink less of -just seems like the only thing it was good for was cleansing my palate after an order of chili-cheese fries.

1.62/5  rDev -28.9%

I CANnot believe either their current marketing campaign OR the gullibility of the drinking populace. "Locks In Great Pilsner Taste", "Taste Protector Lid", "Great Pilsner Taste ... Triple Hops Brewed" are all followed on their imprint by "TM" in the teeny-tiniest, sub-agate font allowed by law! Why, you might ask is that important? Because, by law, you CAN and MAY trademark any meaningless slogan that passes across your synapses. That would be like me advertising "Woody Chandler - interchangeable with Hercules, Adonis, and/or Superman!" (TM). Rubbish!

On to the beer: I hoped, for a fleeting millisecond, that I might have actually poured a beer today with some head. Whoops, was I wrong! It started out with a nice, bone-white head, but the fizzy carbonic nature of the beer just erupted right through any head that may have had a chance. Even H. C. Andersen's mermaid had a better chance of becoming foam. I really had to sniff to get the cereal-grain (think Cheerios) smell that so many others have alluded to. It was a weakling at a sand-kicking contest (thx, Charles Atlas). Color was a straw-yellow with a brightness approaching water or glass. Mouthfeel was light and airy, allowing me to drift away on its billowy, puffy feel and forget, blissfully, that I was supposed to be drinking BEER! The taste, thankfully protected by the lid and with a "great pilsner taste" (TM), reminded me that it was "triple hops brewed" (TM). Rubbish! I've had tap water with a better taste and mouthfeel. Utter garbage foisted upon an unsuspecting public by lawyers in cahoots with brewers who should know better. The finish left me wishing for beer.

When the bottom line ($) is the bottom line, spend your money elsewhere.

1.28/5  rDev -43.9%

From 05/29/11 notes. Part II of my reviewing bad beers at a wedding. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a tulip like glass.

a - Pours a clear, pale golden color with one finger of fluffy white head and high carbonation evident.

s - Smells of sour bready, grain, rice, wheat, and metallic notes. The sourness and metal blends into a truely aweful smell.

t - Tastes of cigarettes, metallic notes, sour bready, wheat, and grain. The metal and sourness from the nose is now mixing with what I imagine cigarette butts taste like. I've always pitured the brewers brewing this beer while smoking, and just throwing the butts in as they finished their cigarettes.

m - Light body and high carbonation. Water-like feel and too carbonated.

o - Overall this is one of my least favorite beers, and probably the worst of the BMC products in my opinion.

At this point in the night I saw someone with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, which was apparently being served at one bar but not the other, so I abandoned my bad beer reviewing and switched to SN and whiskey for the rest of the night.

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%

2.62/5  rDev +14.9%

A cheap beer consumed in "honor" of a friend's birthday, as we didn't have anything else around.

A: I poured it into a glass just because I hadn't examined the looks of Miller Lite in quite some time. I was astonished at how absolutely close to being clear this beer is. Just the slightest touch of yellow, and no head.

S: So much for that "triple hops" brewing technique, as all there is to the aroma is some grain and corn. Alright, maybe an ever so slight hint of hops.

T: The taste is a bit more "robust" than other BMC products (especially of the "lite" variety), but that's not saying much. There is some actual grain taste and sweetness. Again, that "triple hops" brewing system must have been out of commission the day this batch was brewed...

M: Thin, light, and watery in terms of the body, and quite fizzy on the tongue.

D: This is drinkable in the way that water is drinkable (because that's mostly what it tastes like). I gave it the rating I did for drinkability because while you can certainly consume a lot of them due to their rather neutral flavor, I just wouldn't want to. At this point in my beer drinking life, anyway.

2.12/5  rDev -7%

2.38/5  rDev +4.4%

Served in a Chicago Bears shaker pint glass.

Somehow this bottle (plastic with a soda-style twist-off top, by the by) escaped the Swill Tour 2010. Well, don't you worry, it's meeting its destiny now. It pours a clear sallow topped by less than a finger of white foam. The nose comprises funked wheat, hard water, corn syrup, and vegetable oil. Not much difference in the taste, though the corn syrup is trying really hard to add some bland sweetness. Vanity. The body is quite light, with a moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, just a crappy beer in general. But something tells me you already knew this. I mean, they couldn't even spell "Light" correctly...

1.5/5  rDev -34.2%

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

2.22/5  rDev -2.6%

The beer is completely clear with a thin white collar that leaves minimal lacing. The aroma is typical of a macro lager, with sweet grain and corn. The flavor is fairly sweet, with a mediocre grainy taste. One of these is more than enough. Uninteresting and oddly sweet. The body is thin with a solid carbonation level. The finish brings more sweet grain, with a total lack of hop presence. Overall, I will never understand why the masses continually buy this beer.

2.56/5  rDev +12.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

I had some people over this past weekend and a couple of these remained in the fridge after everyone left. Pours a Light golden straw color with a decent head that slowly dissipates to a cap on top leaving lots of lace on the way down. Pilsner malt, and a light nondescript spiciness provides balance. There's not a whole lot going on in the aroma here. The taste is lightly bready with a crisp almost tart spiciness that does well to balance any malt that might show up. Thin body with a thin watery mouthfeel and an ample amount of carbonation. There's certainly nothing overly offensive here, but at the same time there's nothing exciting here either. This might make an ok lawnmower beer, but I can think of many with some flavor that I would pick over this.

2.89/5  rDev +26.8%

This is just "another american macro beer". To bad the amount of money spent on advertising couldnt generate a better beer. Look this beer is golden in color, clear with decent carbonation. The smell and taste is dominated by grain/barley. The mouthfeel is fine. After any sporting activity or workingin thehot sun....this beer tastes great....but when compared to others....not so much.

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%

2.23/5  rDev -2.2%

Thanks to my brother for graciously sharing this gem with me over Memorial Day weekend. Its been such a long time since ive tried any of this swill that it felt good to take a step back, reset the palate and just appreciate the glory of craft beer which I have been spoiled with all these years. My review may be biased because I was in a good mood while my team was crushing the opponent during a fierce bout of backyard horseshoes.

Decanted from a half barrel into a oversized clear plastic picture and then again finally into my red solo cup. The brew is a pristine piss yellow with a sudsy white froth that lasts atop. The smell is slightly corn-like and nothing else. The taste has mild sweetness, corn again, mild sulfur/carbonics and water. The feel is light, super cold (which I hear is indicadive of the style) and moderately carbonated from the double decanting. If I was forced to drink macro crap, I could tolerate this but im not drinking it if there are other choices available...like water.

1.9/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Appears a fizzy yellow tone with a large bubbled white head leaves thin fine lacing. Aroma is full of cereal grains straight from the corn, rice, and barley categories some light hop character thrown in but overall uninteresting to me. Taste at least attempts to have a hop profile as the "true pilsner" this beer claims to be great for mass consumption low sweetness very light bitterness pretty clean overall. Mouthfeel is light carbonated water esque with a carbonation factor that tickles the throat. Drinkability hot summer cookout with friends it's safe other than that steer away from this one, if your looking for a great taste. Good commercials at times...hand me a Sunshine Pils.

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%

2.29/5  rDev +0.4%

12oz can poured into a pint glass (for reviewing purposes)

Pours a clear yellow-gold with a mound of head and actually has decent retention. Smell is faint; grains but nothing else. Taste is weak grains and even weaker hops. The flavors here are so faint as to almost be nondescript. Highly carbonated, watery, and crisp.

There's very little here in the way of good. Very drinkable, but only if you don't mind the lack of flavor and enjoyability.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.