Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Ratings: 4,533 |  Reviews: 1,199

2.05/5  rDev -10.1%

Review from notes: 9/28/2011
I tried my best to not be biased against Miller for this one

A - Pours basically a clear straw yellow color (a similar resemblance to my morning piss) with lots of bubbles. A half inch of white head dies in about 20 seconds. Looks pretty terrible.

S - A mesh of musty corn and sweet corn, sewage mixes in with beery alcohol. Again, not good.

T - I was surprised when I tasted this after seeing the presentation and smelling it. Quite flavorless, but what I do get is honestly not that bad (not quite good either). A light sweet corn flavor. Then, triple hops galore... PSYCH! Nothing really in the way of hops, maybe a touch on the finish. It is better than I expected, but overall flavorless, bland, and offensively unoffensive.

M - Way too bubbly for my liking. It just feels too carbed going down, like I'm drinking ginger ale or something similar. It is a tad crisp and refreshing, but not in a special way.

O - Well, I've tried the ultimate lawnmower beer, and while I'm walking away unimpressed, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. But... I'll never have this beer again, at least not by choice.

1.87/5  rDev -18%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

12 oz. bottle poured into a pint glass. Review date: 10/8/2013. Best before 12/23/2013.

Appearance: Extremely clear, golden color. Tons of carbonation streaming up the glass. Pours about two fingers worth of a bright, white head that quickly recedes. Minimal lacing left upon the glass.

Smell: Nothing much to describe. Some very faint notes of sweetness, light corn aroma. Passing notes of cereal grain. Very hard to pick out at first, but they intensify as the beer warms.

Taste: Very light. Some more sweet corn character at the front of the tongue. A bit of an artificial sweetener taste, fading into some light cereal grain. Just a touch of bitterness at the end, but very faint. As it warms, more of that artificial sweetener finish.

Mouthfeel: Very little body to this one, much like drinking water. The carbonation does scrub over the tongue aggressively at first, backing off as the beer warms up. Very easy to drink.

Overall: Well, the "Lite" is certainly accurate, very light on aroma and taste before it warms up, and when they do emerge from blandness, they're not a pleasant change. Very easy to drink, and can be enjoyed in an appropriate atmosphere, but overall it's a very unremarkable and forgettable beer. Drinkable, but not really worth picking up.

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

2.42/5  rDev +6.1%

Had a mug of this at a local diner. It was the only thing on tap and cost $1. I thought, "What the hell, I can't remember the last time I had this, and I can rate it for Beer Advocate!"

Man, this beer is lighter than even the lagers I'm used to having. It looks like light yellow water with a large, but very unsubstantial head. Quite carbonated, thanks to the tap, I guess.

Its smell is very light. Just a hint of grain and maybe a teeny note of hops.

The taste surprised me because it wasn't bad. Just very, very light. Maybe I didn't taste any off flavors because I was drinking it extra cold.

As far as light beers go, this one is OK. With its light taste and body you could drink a ton of 'em, which I guess is Miller's point.

2.38/5  rDev +4.4%

I had this on-tap at Wedges in Janesville, WI for $2 for a 12 oz glass in Fall 2011.

Pours a pale yellow color with a light fluffy head. Scent is very earthy and grainy with hints of yeast. Texture is very thin. The taste again has a very earthy taste of grassy grains and corn. I wasn't expecting a great taste but this was the only beer on tap I hadn't had at the bar yet so I gave it a try.

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%

2.31/5  rDev +1.3%

Review is from notes taken on 2/12/10 and poured from the tap to a 16 oz. plastic cup -- woot to drinking in bowling alley. Sadly, I drank a Bud Light just prior to this and as I drank this and took my notes, I found that they pretty much mirrored my review of the Bud Light. Sigh.

Appearance: Pale straw color, a little like urine (and no, I'm not just being snarky and sarcastic -- it really looks like the aforementioned fluid); starts with a 1 and 1/2 finger white head that fades quickly to a full, but very thin skim; body is perfectly clears and shows no real carbonation and no lacing.

Smell: Light grains and barly - smells very much like an adjunct as there's a faint whiff of corn-like maltiness... Overall it's faint and unappealing.

Taste: Thin and watery grains and barley; the corn-like sweet maltiness is in the back and is faint.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery, strong carbonation with a fairly clean finish -- overall though there's nothing to this.

Drinkability: I give it a three, but only because one could drink copious amounts in any sitting. I know I used to drink this a lot before find the wonderful world of craft, but taking trips down memory lane is not always a good idea.

2.75/5  rDev +20.6%

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.