Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

View: Beers
Ratings: 4,648 |  Reviews: 1,217
1.96/5  rDev -10.5%

I drank this for the first time in my adult life last summer while staying in a rental house outside Charlevoix, MI. The weather was beautiful, the sun was hot, and I hadn't had a chance to make a run for my traditional Bell's and Short's. The folks who had just left left behind some food and drinks they weren't taking with them, and among those items was two cans of the Miller Lite.
I figured I'd have one. Really, what's the worst that could happen? I cracked open a can and walked around the property, taking in the breathtaking view of a valley of conifers and Grand Traverse Bay in the distance. I sipped, thinking it wasn't half bad. It wasn't great by any means, but it was ice cold, with a bland but inoffensive flavor and a mouthfeel of something slightly thicker than water.
I thought for a few minutes that Miller Lite had gotten a bad rep for no good reason; every beer has its place and Miller Lite's was here.
But then it got warm.
Halfway through the can it became less than ice cold and a foul, putrid taste rushed into its place. It coated the tongue and lips and offended the nose. I poured that garbage out and apologized to the wild grass it soaked.
Moral of the story: If you gotta drink Miller Lite, drink it cold and drink it fast.

1.5/5  rDev -31.5%

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not a great beer but definitely a beer that I can sit down and drink anytime. Best word to describe it is average. It never disappoints but you also never say damn that was a good beer. The appearance and smell are bland but it does go down easy. I usually keep a 6 pack on hand since most of my wife's friends can't handle my Hefe's or Wit's.

2.73/5  rDev +24.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

12 oz. longneck served chilled. Pale gold body with fairly active carbonation that leaves a 1/4" head and a decent amount of lace. Lots of adjuncts in the aroma - mostly corn. Pretty clean with a slight skunkiness and no hops to speak of. Pretty much the same on the palate. When swishing it in the mouth the slightest touch of biscuits shows through but you need to search for it. After swallowing, the adjuncts and carbonation drown out any potential flavor. The body is thin and crisp. As far as cheap lite lagers go, this isn't the worst, but I wouldn't make it a regular by any means.

1.25/5  rDev -42.9%

2.21/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

1.5/5  rDev -31.5%

2.88/5  rDev +31.5%

2.47/5  rDev +12.8%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours pale yellow with a surprisingly thick soapy head for the style.

Aroma is sweet with a funky vegetal adjunct funkiness.

Taste is initially slightly sour, then a pale, toasted maltiness shines through. Minerally fiinish has a touch of grassy hop.

Mouthfeel is light bodied.

Worth a try if you like a light lager.

1.96/5  rDev -10.5%

Holy shit. I used to drink this beer non stop before I got into craft beer. WHAT THE FUCK happened to me? This beer was HORRIBLE. I had to drink keystone light this weekend which I hated as well, but it had no flavor at all so I didn't care that much. This has a gross adjunct and cheap malt flavor. Oh my god, it was gross. I can't believe that I used to like this beer.

2.63/5  rDev +20.1%

This beer pours a golden yellow, but very yellow with a short white head. The aroma is of all cheap beers, very low amounts of mild hops and a bit of malt. The two indredients are blended together pretty well, but since the taste is so bland that is not very hard to do. It has a nice carbonated feel to it because it does not have much flavor. I like this one better than most beers in its category and it's worth a try. The beer is a bit expensive, but it is worth a shot to see why it won as many awards as it has.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.19 out of 5 with 4,648 ratings