Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |

Wisconsin, United States | website

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,158 | Ratings: 4,376

Miller is decent for a macro light. Bought one the other day. Miller is good. Better than bud light as far as taste. Compared to other macro light lagers this is a good one. More flavor. Ice cold it's a refreshing beer. I rate beers in this category against others in its class. Against Bud and Coors, this one is probably the best. And this is coming from a guy that is primarily a coors drinker. I don't know why i drink it more than miller really. Miller really is better.

1.25/5  rDev -45.2%

I am sorry. I just can't do this. I can't drink this beer.

Even thought it pours a clear light corn color with a fairly decent head, I just think it smells and tastes skunky and wrong.

For a macro, this has to be the most offensive to me. There is a slight corn flavor with little to no hops and it leaves a rather unpleasant aftertaste.

This beer is just not drinkable. Sad to say, I would rather just drink water.

2.24/5  rDev -1.8%

very pale..a tinge of golden color, quick head...bubbles galore

smell is half appetizing malt half corn chip half frathouse

to be honest the front tastes just fine.. slim and malty without enough flavor but not bad... afterwards there is metallic, corny, husky and a mild teabag finish

goes down like tanya gibbons in the 7th grade... easily but a little rough around the edges... a little dry and bubbly

the term pissypants comes to mind.. and ooo i can feel my waist slimming as i sip!

if you could press it into a crunchy triangle shape this would make an amazing accompaniment to some chunky salsa, melted nacho cheese and homemade guacamole

4.55/5  rDev +99.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a football textured 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- A nice clear yellow color. Lots of bubbles streaming up. A finger of head that dissipates into a thin frothy ring. Leaves a good amount of lacing.

S- Very faint corn smell. Maybe a tiny hops. Water. Not offensive

T- Fresh clean watery taste. Water, Corn, Hops, slight metallic taste. Not much malts. Not offensive. A nice light grassy aftertaste.

M- Highly carbonated. Crisp. The bubbles tickle the mouth. Refreshing.

Drinkability- Very smooth and goes down easy. Awesome drinkability.

O- Overall, I think this is an awesomely refreshing light beer for a hot day.
It really quenches the thirst without any bad off tastes. Way better than most other light beers.

1.93/5  rDev -15.4%

A lot can be said for the conditions when drinking a beer. I only remotely enjoy an ice cold Miller Lite after some yard work on a blistering hot day or when I am dehydrated. It is almost like water but with way too much carbonation. Little smell and taste. I recommend. To Avoid this beer if at all possible.

Compared to Bud and Coors, this stuff is just aweful and I don't know how it manages to sell. It goes for the same price as the above mentioned beers but tastes like urine. I would honestly settle for a Keystone or Natty before allowing this stuff to enter my body.

2.61/5  rDev +14.5%

My first beer. Golden color good carbonation and refreshing taste. Problem is there isn't much difference between it and the other Major light beers. Over time you begin to notice that it hasn't any depth of flavor. Oh well, its not expensive.

2.9/5  rDev +27.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

A: Typical adjunct lager see through yellow.

S: Wet grain.

T: Pretty smooth and easy drinking. Very watery. Bit more flavor compared to Coors or Bud.

M: Nice easy drinking with nice carbonation. Crisp refreshing finish.

O: Pretty much made to get drunk with. Watered down to the point that it is like beer flavored liquid instead of beer. No odd taste like Bud though which helps it.

2.82/5  rDev +23.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Beer and cigarettes. Sometimes the combination is just too appealing. But of course I don't want to ruin a tastey brew with smokey treats...so this is where Miller Lite comes in. Miller Lite, to me, tastes FINE. It's not bad at all. Sure, it's not delicious, but it has some flavor and it goes down smooth.

This is probably my favorite macro, especially out of BMC. I compared this to Bud Light last night since it happened to be available at my buddy's house, and I really prefered Miller.

1.6/5  rDev -29.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Light beers aside this one is not good. Many of my freinds drink it. Why is the question. Light yellow pour little head little taste initally with a lot of after taste. Another over commericalized beer with little taste. Taste not so great...filling ....a who cares...not a good beer. Little flavor litlle color and nothing impressive.

2.88/5  rDev +26.3%

A can of Miller light. I prefer this product only to Bud light and maybe Budweiser.

What can you expect in a review of this beer? It doesn't have 'taste'. It 'feels' like bubbly water. It smells like a lager more or less.

That triple hop stuff is a load of crap.

I prefer Miller High Life. Better flavor AND 5% ABV.

2.95/5  rDev +29.4%

Well, this is graded apples to apples since it is a domestic light. Many do not grade that way, but I do. This beer pours a light golden color in a pilsner glass with average head. The smell is a bit dull. It has smell, but nothing interesting. The taste is a little salty. Not smooth and I would not drink this beer for mass consumption compared to other lights I have drank. Has a little after taste.

Verdict: Drink another light beer.

1.9/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

At packer games if I cant go down to the concourse and find a fat tire or guiness, this is my go to beer. It tastes best out of the miller choices. I could say Im saving calories, but if this is the case I actually choose to just have water.

This is a lawnmower beer.

I also notice at lambeau that its the one that the fan who is most likely to start standing up to get everyone to do the wave has been bugging his fellow fans with, both in ordering one every twenty minutes from the candy striper and relieving himself of one every thirty minutes and having to pass all his felllow fans.

Thats okay, he and his two buddies will disappear during the second and sometimes the third quarter if they come back in the fourth quarter and still havent started the wave, will pick up their seats and go, tripping over the small pile of plastic bottles at their feet.

If he is staying look around for the bikini girls or for him to try sharing his flask that he snuck in with his buddies and after taking off his shirt and yelling a few obscenities at a visiting vikings or bears fan, he will slump over into the lap of the friend that took him hear and be gone early in the fourth quarter.

This is in no way miller lites fault.

Oh and I always go for miller lite in the beer races on the jumbotron. At least I will until miller chill is added.

3.88/5  rDev +70.2%

Not a big fan of light beers, but this one might be the best light beer on the market. I always get a more crisp refreshing finish out of this beer. I hate the dry finish of Bud Light and the watery taste i get from a Coors light. Miller Lite is a good session or lawnmower beer.

3.5/5  rDev +53.5%

This is not a fancy beer.

This does not pretend to be a fancy beer.

It is a light yellow color and smells like corn and sweetness. Very drinkable, unlike other American macros (Bud Light). I pick this up occasionally and always know what to expect : a thirstquenching beer with no pretensions.

2.55/5  rDev +11.8%

Okay... I'll start by saying that I feel like a bad friend... you know the kind that turns his back on you. Well, that's me right now. Miller Lite was next to me all through college and was even at my wedding. Never did anything wrong, I just started hanging around with other friends. Anyway... having said all that, this beer is really pretty bad, kind of like my analogy. Anyway, it poured a yellow gold color, with thin white head. The head was gone very quickly. No great smell; couldn't quite put my finger it, kind of metallic. Very carbonated, and leaves a salivating type feel in the mouth after swallowing. I'm not going to bash this beer after all it has done for me; I can at least say a few nice things.

1.65/5  rDev -27.6%

Bought a case for a party, and against my better judgement I decided to try one (after not having had one in YEARS) for a change.

a - extremely tepid body and color

s - not particularly offensive, but there's just not much there but a very faint odor of hops

t - little flavor whatsoever but it does have a fairly crisp and clean finish

m - barely noticeable

d - will be another few years, if ever, before I drink another

It's amazing that people put up with this, that's about all I can say.

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

My favorite light beer. I have been through many of these in the last few years of being at school. Miller Lite is a light yellow color and a very small head which dissolves very quickly. The smell is that of most light beers. The beer tastes very watery and carbonation is the most apparent quality. Mouthfeel is very thin and watery. Like I said, it's my favorite light beer, but that's not saying much. Good for college kids on a budget who don't want natty, but other than that I would say get something else. A good football game brew.

2.48/5  rDev +8.8%

Good choice for a low calorie daily alcoholic beverage, but nothing special when it comes to real beer. Clear and smooth, but somewhat watered-down.

Don't get me wrong, though, I consider it among the best of the low calorie mass-produced American brews.

1.81/5  rDev -20.6%

A- Clear and golden. Not the most unattractive appearance

S- Smells like adjunct lager. Malty, clean, not getting much of the "Triple Hopped"

T- Not much hoppiness, malty

M- Thin, unappealing

Overall- I could drink one of these if it was 100 degrees in the summer and I had been working for 8 hours. Other than that, no thanks.

1.98/5  rDev -13.2%

Had this on tap at a restaurant just to try it.

A- A yellowish light gold color with a large foam head that had a long retention time. Looks like your typical light beer. Not impressive.

S- Grainy, hoppy, and watery. Like all other light beers out there.

T- You can taste the hops and some of the grains, but the watery taste is DEFINITELY in the picture.

M- Not impressive feel here because of the moderate carbonation along with the water. It almost feels like you are drinking water instead of Miller Lite.

D- Pretty drinkable, but that's what you expect for a light beer. It's not difficult to finish this in a few gulps. The good thing is this beer is commonly pretty cheap, meaning it won't dent your wallet to buy a few drafts and pound them down.

Overall, a step up from Natty Light, but still not very good, unless, however, you are a fan of light beer. I would probably reach for a MGD instead of this one.

1.23/5  rDev -46.1%

I do enjoy the clever Miller Lite ads! My rationale was, "If they are amidst such a massive ad campaign, the quality must be WAY up!", a la, MGD in the late 80's and early 90's. Boy was I wrong.

I bought a sample pack (12) of cans at a QFC one day and was unable to finish more than a few before I realized I was drinking an ad campaign made of water, stale, dried out hops and moldy barley (plus the cattle fodder they add).

Appearance - looks like someone dipped a yellow crayon in warm water. Fizzy, pastel; utterly bland.

Smell - I hate the smell of corn in a beer; I hate the smell of this beer.

Taste - I managed to gag down a few because I chilled it to 29 degrees - which sufficiently numbed my taste buds (sorry, again, guys). Tastes like paint thinner and bottle caps mixed with fermented corn.

Mouthfeel - ashamed and violated

Drinkability - I have a case of Billy Beer from 1977 that is more drinkable. To paraphrase the immortal Snoopy, this beer wouldn't be drunk by a starving cat in a lifeboat.

1.23/5  rDev -46.1%

Straw yellow pour, no head. Boring.

Smell of just generic wheat and just general grain.

Taste is much of the same. Very wheaty. Very light.

Mouthfeel is just tastes like water with tons of carbonation injected into it. Gross.

If you don't want to spend much and just get a good drink on, sure this might be for you.

Unfortunately, I'm never really one of those guys. Awful.

3.05/5  rDev +33.8%

You can't go into this expecting a micro brew with a complex flavor and alot of body
and feel, or you will be heavily disappointed.
Honestly though, for a mainstream light beer though I don't find this very bad, but I am a big fan of pilsners in general (labatt etc)
So I mean it serves its purpose and goes down easy.

One of my original favorite beers. While my tastes have evolved , and I now much rather prefer beers with more taste, I still have a part of me loyal to this old beer. I've many memories through college and at Miller Park!

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.