Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,171 | Ratings: 4,427
2.25/5  rDev -1.3%

A light beer with an average tase. I had this in a bottle and, at the time, was very refreshing. There is nothing bad about this beer, it just gets old very quickly. Compare this to Busch Light but with more flavor and less drinkability. Better than most light beers.

Cheers!

2.83/5  rDev +24.1%

Im using almost the same reviews for American style light lagers

not gonna bother with serving type,
Im not the type to bash beers, for a company so successful, they can be given at least a respectable unbiased review, true beer drinkers are quick to bash american light lagers, but some are good for certain times, i cant sit at a game and throw back IPAs, or bourbon aged beers, but a light lager with a hot dog and peanuts on a hot day isnt so bad. Im a big beer pong fan, wont play with a $20 bottle of brooklyn black ops, now a review

Very pale yellow, white foamy head that can fade quick, light body mostly cause of using sugar and rice to keep the ABV up, the only way i can descibe the aroma is "beer" hops are faint just to make it enough to call it beer, Miller is among the best for this style of beer, its my "go to" when i go somewhere and dont wanna ask or think of a beer to drink, my dart game beer

2.67/5  rDev +17.1%

Pouted from a 12oz. can into a pint glass.

This is a review based on what this beer is, a standard light adjunct macro beer. This review does not reflect how this beer compares to craft brews.

A: Light yellow, very pale, very clear and transparent. Inch or so of solid white head fizzes up like soda and disappears almost immediately, leaving a small trace of lacing. There's nothing really attractive about it.

S: Smells like a beer. Boiled corn and maybe a note of hops, soured/fermented vegetable aroma.

T: Tastes almost the same as the other macro light adjuncts (Bud Light, Coors Light) - this one is a little stronger on the nasty fermented corn flavor than the others. Some people consider this a plus, I don't.

M: Soda. Feels like carbonated water. Not much else to say.

O: It is, as I and others have already stated, this is pretty much your average macro light beer. In all honesty, if given the choice, I'd probably take this over Bud Light, but I'd probably take a Coors Light before this one, not that there's much difference at all between them, but that's all subjective.

3.7/5  rDev +62.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Poured from 24 oz can into shaker pint, pours the standard light clear yellow that you'd expect, but with a decently nice head that doesn't die super fast.
Smelled of light grain and steel, but not bad.
Tasted of light toasted grain and some nice toasty malt on the back end. Very pleasant.
Mouthful is not fizzy and nasty like you'd think, It's actually medium bodied and feels like a good beer.
Overall, my new favorite of the 3 big light macro lagers.

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%

A&S: Pours golden, very clear and with about two fingers worth of head with pretty good retention. Smells like corn.

T&M: Zero taste as it hits the tongue. Flavor comes on later, tastes like barely anything and not much else with a kind of gross aftertaste. Mouthfeel is like bubbly water.

D: I think the drinkability they advertise refers to the fact that you have to drink it quickly to avoid the bad taste. Also, as it warms the taste gets worse and worse until it tastes sort of like vomit. Only reason I'm drinking this one because I'm all out of my tasty IPAs and these are left over from when I had friends over ages ago.

1.6/5  rDev -29.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Well. This is a vapid, barely concealed mockery of beerdom. It's nothing. I couldn't take the ratings even down to 1 because it lacks enough personality to be awful. Barely any aroma, only the slightest hint of color and the taste is so watered down so as to make the carbonation dominate any possible flavor.

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

An ok light beer, way overrated in my opinion.

A: A light yellow with a quickly fading heading, very unimpressive.

S: Average hop smell, nothing special, smells of cheap malts.

T: Very watery, average hop pressence, and a slight grainy taste.

M: Decent mouthfeel, not too bubbly, hey I mean it's Miller Light.

D: Decent drinkability, goes down smooth but a little acidy.

Pretty good for a light beer, nothing special, nothing too terrible. Ta Ta.

3.82/5  rDev +67.5%

Miller lite... ahh my first "true" love (whatever that is). I must say this is my favorite beer in this range primarily because it actually has a beer flavor rather than a water/piss flavor. The appearance is by far the best of this range, slightly darker yellow than most domestic light beers. Little lace is left behind by this beer but enough to satisfy a moderately undiscriminating beer drinker, or at least someone who keeps in mind the quality of this beer. The taste is slightly bitter with some sweet overtones. I actually like the aftertaste but it fades quickly. the mouthfeel is thin, but that is to be expected from a light beer. You can drink this beer all night if you can handle it because it does go down nicely and continues to taste good. If you drink another domestic light beer try this out, you may be suprised, if you don't drink domestic light beer, you rock.

Miller is decent for a macro light. Bought one the other day. Miller is good. Better than bud light as far as taste. Compared to other macro light lagers this is a good one. More flavor. Ice cold it's a refreshing beer. I rate beers in this category against others in its class. Against Bud and Coors, this one is probably the best. And this is coming from a guy that is primarily a coors drinker. I don't know why i drink it more than miller really. Miller really is better.

1.25/5  rDev -45.2%

I am sorry. I just can't do this. I can't drink this beer.

Even thought it pours a clear light corn color with a fairly decent head, I just think it smells and tastes skunky and wrong.

For a macro, this has to be the most offensive to me. There is a slight corn flavor with little to no hops and it leaves a rather unpleasant aftertaste.

This beer is just not drinkable. Sad to say, I would rather just drink water.

2.24/5  rDev -1.8%

very pale..a tinge of golden color, quick head...bubbles galore

smell is half appetizing malt half corn chip half frathouse

to be honest the front tastes just fine.. slim and malty without enough flavor but not bad... afterwards there is metallic, corny, husky and a mild teabag finish

goes down like tanya gibbons in the 7th grade... easily but a little rough around the edges... a little dry and bubbly

the term pissypants comes to mind.. and ooo i can feel my waist slimming as i sip!

if you could press it into a crunchy triangle shape this would make an amazing accompaniment to some chunky salsa, melted nacho cheese and homemade guacamole

4.55/5  rDev +99.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a football textured 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- A nice clear yellow color. Lots of bubbles streaming up. A finger of head that dissipates into a thin frothy ring. Leaves a good amount of lacing.

S- Very faint corn smell. Maybe a tiny hops. Water. Not offensive

T- Fresh clean watery taste. Water, Corn, Hops, slight metallic taste. Not much malts. Not offensive. A nice light grassy aftertaste.

M- Highly carbonated. Crisp. The bubbles tickle the mouth. Refreshing.

Drinkability- Very smooth and goes down easy. Awesome drinkability.

O- Overall, I think this is an awesomely refreshing light beer for a hot day.
It really quenches the thirst without any bad off tastes. Way better than most other light beers.

1.93/5  rDev -15.4%

A lot can be said for the conditions when drinking a beer. I only remotely enjoy an ice cold Miller Lite after some yard work on a blistering hot day or when I am dehydrated. It is almost like water but with way too much carbonation. Little smell and taste. I recommend. To Avoid this beer if at all possible.

Compared to Bud and Coors, this stuff is just aweful and I don't know how it manages to sell. It goes for the same price as the above mentioned beers but tastes like urine. I would honestly settle for a Keystone or Natty before allowing this stuff to enter my body.

2.9/5  rDev +27.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

A: Typical adjunct lager see through yellow.

S: Wet grain.

T: Pretty smooth and easy drinking. Very watery. Bit more flavor compared to Coors or Bud.

M: Nice easy drinking with nice carbonation. Crisp refreshing finish.

O: Pretty much made to get drunk with. Watered down to the point that it is like beer flavored liquid instead of beer. No odd taste like Bud though which helps it.

3.5/5  rDev +53.5%

I laugh at 90% of these reviews who think they know beer. This is the American light lager beer catagory. I actually prefer this brand over the others bud,coors, etc.
It has the best corn smell and has more hops Like I remember back in the 70's

Without all the drama a solid 3.5

Cheers

2.82/5  rDev +23.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Beer and cigarettes. Sometimes the combination is just too appealing. But of course I don't want to ruin a tastey brew with smokey treats...so this is where Miller Lite comes in. Miller Lite, to me, tastes FINE. It's not bad at all. Sure, it's not delicious, but it has some flavor and it goes down smooth.

This is probably my favorite macro, especially out of BMC. I compared this to Bud Light last night since it happened to be available at my buddy's house, and I really prefered Miller.

1.6/5  rDev -29.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Light beers aside this one is not good. Many of my freinds drink it. Why is the question. Light yellow pour little head little taste initally with a lot of after taste. Another over commericalized beer with little taste. Taste not so great...filling ....a who cares...not a good beer. Little flavor litlle color and nothing impressive.

2.88/5  rDev +26.3%

A can of Miller light. I prefer this product only to Bud light and maybe Budweiser.

What can you expect in a review of this beer? It doesn't have 'taste'. It 'feels' like bubbly water. It smells like a lager more or less.

That triple hop stuff is a load of crap.

I prefer Miller High Life. Better flavor AND 5% ABV.

2.95/5  rDev +29.4%

Well, this is graded apples to apples since it is a domestic light. Many do not grade that way, but I do. This beer pours a light golden color in a pilsner glass with average head. The smell is a bit dull. It has smell, but nothing interesting. The taste is a little salty. Not smooth and I would not drink this beer for mass consumption compared to other lights I have drank. Has a little after taste.

Verdict: Drink another light beer.

1.9/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

At packer games if I cant go down to the concourse and find a fat tire or guiness, this is my go to beer. It tastes best out of the miller choices. I could say Im saving calories, but if this is the case I actually choose to just have water.

This is a lawnmower beer.

I also notice at lambeau that its the one that the fan who is most likely to start standing up to get everyone to do the wave has been bugging his fellow fans with, both in ordering one every twenty minutes from the candy striper and relieving himself of one every thirty minutes and having to pass all his felllow fans.

Thats okay, he and his two buddies will disappear during the second and sometimes the third quarter if they come back in the fourth quarter and still havent started the wave, will pick up their seats and go, tripping over the small pile of plastic bottles at their feet.

If he is staying look around for the bikini girls or for him to try sharing his flask that he snuck in with his buddies and after taking off his shirt and yelling a few obscenities at a visiting vikings or bears fan, he will slump over into the lap of the friend that took him hear and be gone early in the fourth quarter.

This is in no way miller lites fault.

Oh and I always go for miller lite in the beer races on the jumbotron. At least I will until miller chill is added.

3.88/5  rDev +70.2%

Not a big fan of light beers, but this one might be the best light beer on the market. I always get a more crisp refreshing finish out of this beer. I hate the dry finish of Bud Light and the watery taste i get from a Coors light. Miller Lite is a good session or lawnmower beer.

3.5/5  rDev +53.5%

This is not a fancy beer.

This does not pretend to be a fancy beer.

It is a light yellow color and smells like corn and sweetness. Very drinkable, unlike other American macros (Bud Light). I pick this up occasionally and always know what to expect : a thirstquenching beer with no pretensions.

2.55/5  rDev +11.8%

Okay... I'll start by saying that I feel like a bad friend... you know the kind that turns his back on you. Well, that's me right now. Miller Lite was next to me all through college and was even at my wedding. Never did anything wrong, I just started hanging around with other friends. Anyway... having said all that, this beer is really pretty bad, kind of like my analogy. Anyway, it poured a yellow gold color, with thin white head. The head was gone very quickly. No great smell; couldn't quite put my finger it, kind of metallic. Very carbonated, and leaves a salivating type feel in the mouth after swallowing. I'm not going to bash this beer after all it has done for me; I can at least say a few nice things.

1.65/5  rDev -27.6%

Bought a case for a party, and against my better judgement I decided to try one (after not having had one in YEARS) for a change.

a - extremely tepid body and color

s - not particularly offensive, but there's just not much there but a very faint odor of hops

t - little flavor whatsoever but it does have a fairly crisp and clean finish

m - barely noticeable

d - will be another few years, if ever, before I drink another

It's amazing that people put up with this, that's about all I can say.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.