Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Alströms:

Ratings: 4,558 |  Reviews: 1,204

2.25/5  rDev +3.2%

3.98/5  rDev +82.6%

A - nice clean crisp yellow. Nice head with good retention. some lacing too, not bad.

S - Nice light crisp. Slightly watery.

T - Very refreshing. Super good served ice cold, great for the style.

M - Perfect!

O - Best of the BMC group, plus I like their gimmicks ;) Seriously, for the style, the brew is pretty decent.

2.25/5  rDev +3.2%

2.5/5  rDev +14.7%

1.95/5  rDev -10.6%

unfortunately, i have had this one WAY too many times. when you're growing up in chicagoland, it is unavoidable. keggers as a teen, $10 buckets at shithole bars, girlfriends...i can never escape the presence of this beer. but hey, it won gold at the gabf!!! that must mean something, right? the only good thing i can say about this beer is that it's better than bud light or coors light. if you squint your eyes really hard and pray like pat robertson you can actually detect some vegetal hop aromas in it! super light, super fizzy, super tasteless...

2.34/5  rDev +7.3%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: Pours a light, transparent golden straw color. Plenty of carbonation, but the small head that formed originally fades to a tiny collar around the glass.

Smell: Very light, grainy aroma. Maybe some hops, if I close my eyes and wish really hard.

Taste: Very light in the taste department. A crisp, light corn taste opens up, being joined by some other grains in the middle of the sip. A light hops presence is noticeable towards the end of the sip. The end is smooth with no aftertaste. The taste is not bad, there just is not much there, good or otherwise, to speak of.

Mouthfeel: Light and crisp, with a high level of carbonation.

Drinkability: This is light does not taste terrible, so I can drink this when I have to. The lack of other positive characteristics means I will never go out of my way to buy it, though.

2.05/5  rDev -6%

Review from notes: 9/28/2011
I tried my best to not be biased against Miller for this one

A - Pours basically a clear straw yellow color (a similar resemblance to my morning piss) with lots of bubbles. A half inch of white head dies in about 20 seconds. Looks pretty terrible.

S - A mesh of musty corn and sweet corn, sewage mixes in with beery alcohol. Again, not good.

T - I was surprised when I tasted this after seeing the presentation and smelling it. Quite flavorless, but what I do get is honestly not that bad (not quite good either). A light sweet corn flavor. Then, triple hops galore... PSYCH! Nothing really in the way of hops, maybe a touch on the finish. It is better than I expected, but overall flavorless, bland, and offensively unoffensive.

M - Way too bubbly for my liking. It just feels too carbed going down, like I'm drinking ginger ale or something similar. It is a tad crisp and refreshing, but not in a special way.

O - Well, I've tried the ultimate lawnmower beer, and while I'm walking away unimpressed, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. But... I'll never have this beer again, at least not by choice.

3.21/5  rDev +47.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Not the worst light lager out there, and better than many AALs. Pours a light golden yellow, white head that doesn't last long. Aromas of corn cereal and dry grass. Lots of sweetness on the palate, with a little of that lingering on the palate for a moment. Dry finish, slightly bitter. An okay diversion, good cookout beer.

1.84/5  rDev -15.6%

1.75/5  rDev -19.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

2.42/5  rDev +11%

Had a mug of this at a local diner. It was the only thing on tap and cost $1. I thought, "What the hell, I can't remember the last time I had this, and I can rate it for Beer Advocate!"

Man, this beer is lighter than even the lagers I'm used to having. It looks like light yellow water with a large, but very unsubstantial head. Quite carbonated, thanks to the tap, I guess.

Its smell is very light. Just a hint of grain and maybe a teeny note of hops.

The taste surprised me because it wasn't bad. Just very, very light. Maybe I didn't taste any off flavors because I was drinking it extra cold.

As far as light beers go, this one is OK. With its light taste and body you could drink a ton of 'em, which I guess is Miller's point.

1.5/5  rDev -31.2%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 3.8% out of 100 with 4,558 ratings