Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Ratings: 4,532 |  Reviews: 1,199
1.5/5  rDev -34.2%

2.38/5  rDev +4.4%

I had this on-tap at Wedges in Janesville, WI for $2 for a 12 oz glass in Fall 2011.

Pours a pale yellow color with a light fluffy head. Scent is very earthy and grainy with hints of yeast. Texture is very thin. The taste again has a very earthy taste of grassy grains and corn. I wasn't expecting a great taste but this was the only beer on tap I hadn't had at the bar yet so I gave it a try.

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%

2.31/5  rDev +1.3%

Review is from notes taken on 2/12/10 and poured from the tap to a 16 oz. plastic cup -- woot to drinking in bowling alley. Sadly, I drank a Bud Light just prior to this and as I drank this and took my notes, I found that they pretty much mirrored my review of the Bud Light. Sigh.

Appearance: Pale straw color, a little like urine (and no, I'm not just being snarky and sarcastic -- it really looks like the aforementioned fluid); starts with a 1 and 1/2 finger white head that fades quickly to a full, but very thin skim; body is perfectly clears and shows no real carbonation and no lacing.

Smell: Light grains and barly - smells very much like an adjunct as there's a faint whiff of corn-like maltiness... Overall it's faint and unappealing.

Taste: Thin and watery grains and barley; the corn-like sweet maltiness is in the back and is faint.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery, strong carbonation with a fairly clean finish -- overall though there's nothing to this.

Drinkability: I give it a three, but only because one could drink copious amounts in any sitting. I know I used to drink this a lot before find the wonderful world of craft, but taking trips down memory lane is not always a good idea.

1.5/5  rDev -34.2%

2.75/5  rDev +20.6%

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%

2.03/5  rDev -11%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.25/5  rDev -45.2%

2.2/5  rDev -3.5%

12oz. from where ever poured into a pils

A: For lack of better wording...this really does look like piss. Only other way to describe the color is slightly darker than your average American light lager macro. Next to no head retention and very minimum lacing.

S: Not much. Lightly of corn.

T/M: FOR THE STYLE, I have to say this is probably the best tasting(Doesn't mean I have to give it a 5 :P ). Corn. Extremely light bodied. Way too much carbonation.

D: This is my session beer of choice. When I'm out dive hopping, this is the best. Could pound these all night without stopping.

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%

3.25/5  rDev +42.5%

2.8/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I had to review this beer because before I ever knew what real beer was this is what I drank maybe once every two months.... I have to say never really liked the big boxed brands in general but Miller light was the best of the bunch... drinkable, clean and not much if any aftertaste. I would not recommend. Try good beer. Bit if you drink a 24 pack a day than drink something that resembles plain water and not skunk.

1.25/5  rDev -45.2%

1.88/5  rDev -17.5%

1.84/5  rDev -19.3%

2.95/5  rDev +29.4%

Had a few cans left over after a party at my place, figured its a beer(ish) might as well review it.

A: pours a crystal clear golden color with a giant white head that reduces to absolutely nothing. not a bad looking lager, but nothing spectacular.

S: smells a lot like metal, not much else, corn, not much else. typical light lager.

T: really watery, there is a faint taste of barely, mostly corn, but really this isn't that offensive of a beer, and for a the price i can see why a lot of people drink it.

M: thin, crisp, watery, bubbly, clean finish, pretty typical, begs for another drink with how crisp it finishes

D: i can drink a lot of this beer, its not the best tasting thing in the world, but it isn't that bad. definitely a bar beer when nothing else is available.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.