Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,189 | Ratings: 4,484
2.55/5  rDev +11.8%

Okay... I'll start by saying that I feel like a bad friend... you know the kind that turns his back on you. Well, that's me right now. Miller Lite was next to me all through college and was even at my wedding. Never did anything wrong, I just started hanging around with other friends. Anyway... having said all that, this beer is really pretty bad, kind of like my analogy. Anyway, it poured a yellow gold color, with thin white head. The head was gone very quickly. No great smell; couldn't quite put my finger it, kind of metallic. Very carbonated, and leaves a salivating type feel in the mouth after swallowing. I'm not going to bash this beer after all it has done for me; I can at least say a few nice things.

1.65/5  rDev -27.6%

Bought a case for a party, and against my better judgement I decided to try one (after not having had one in YEARS) for a change.

a - extremely tepid body and color

s - not particularly offensive, but there's just not much there but a very faint odor of hops

t - little flavor whatsoever but it does have a fairly crisp and clean finish

m - barely noticeable

d - will be another few years, if ever, before I drink another

It's amazing that people put up with this, that's about all I can say.

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

My favorite light beer. I have been through many of these in the last few years of being at school. Miller Lite is a light yellow color and a very small head which dissolves very quickly. The smell is that of most light beers. The beer tastes very watery and carbonation is the most apparent quality. Mouthfeel is very thin and watery. Like I said, it's my favorite light beer, but that's not saying much. Good for college kids on a budget who don't want natty, but other than that I would say get something else. A good football game brew.

2.48/5  rDev +8.8%

Good choice for a low calorie daily alcoholic beverage, but nothing special when it comes to real beer. Clear and smooth, but somewhat watered-down.

Don't get me wrong, though, I consider it among the best of the low calorie mass-produced American brews.

1.81/5  rDev -20.6%

A- Clear and golden. Not the most unattractive appearance

S- Smells like adjunct lager. Malty, clean, not getting much of the "Triple Hopped"

T- Not much hoppiness, malty

M- Thin, unappealing

Overall- I could drink one of these if it was 100 degrees in the summer and I had been working for 8 hours. Other than that, no thanks.

1.98/5  rDev -13.2%

Had this on tap at a restaurant just to try it.

A- A yellowish light gold color with a large foam head that had a long retention time. Looks like your typical light beer. Not impressive.

S- Grainy, hoppy, and watery. Like all other light beers out there.

T- You can taste the hops and some of the grains, but the watery taste is DEFINITELY in the picture.

M- Not impressive feel here because of the moderate carbonation along with the water. It almost feels like you are drinking water instead of Miller Lite.

D- Pretty drinkable, but that's what you expect for a light beer. It's not difficult to finish this in a few gulps. The good thing is this beer is commonly pretty cheap, meaning it won't dent your wallet to buy a few drafts and pound them down.

Overall, a step up from Natty Light, but still not very good, unless, however, you are a fan of light beer. I would probably reach for a MGD instead of this one.

1.23/5  rDev -46.1%

I do enjoy the clever Miller Lite ads! My rationale was, "If they are amidst such a massive ad campaign, the quality must be WAY up!", a la, MGD in the late 80's and early 90's. Boy was I wrong.

I bought a sample pack (12) of cans at a QFC one day and was unable to finish more than a few before I realized I was drinking an ad campaign made of water, stale, dried out hops and moldy barley (plus the cattle fodder they add).

Appearance - looks like someone dipped a yellow crayon in warm water. Fizzy, pastel; utterly bland.

Smell - I hate the smell of corn in a beer; I hate the smell of this beer.

Taste - I managed to gag down a few because I chilled it to 29 degrees - which sufficiently numbed my taste buds (sorry, again, guys). Tastes like paint thinner and bottle caps mixed with fermented corn.

Mouthfeel - ashamed and violated

Drinkability - I have a case of Billy Beer from 1977 that is more drinkable. To paraphrase the immortal Snoopy, this beer wouldn't be drunk by a starving cat in a lifeboat.

1.23/5  rDev -46.1%

Straw yellow pour, no head. Boring.

Smell of just generic wheat and just general grain.

Taste is much of the same. Very wheaty. Very light.

Mouthfeel is just tastes like water with tons of carbonation injected into it. Gross.

If you don't want to spend much and just get a good drink on, sure this might be for you.

Unfortunately, I'm never really one of those guys. Awful.

3.05/5  rDev +33.8%

You can't go into this expecting a micro brew with a complex flavor and alot of body
and feel, or you will be heavily disappointed.
Honestly though, for a mainstream light beer though I don't find this very bad, but I am a big fan of pilsners in general (labatt etc)
So I mean it serves its purpose and goes down easy.

2.85/5  rDev +25%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

A: Light yellow

S: Smells like watered down beer.

T: Not bad, but very watered down. This is like a middle reliever; comes in when the game is out of control.

M: Dry, watery and boring

O: I keep this on the shelf to carry me through the rough times. Start off top shelf, hit the well and the closer comes in the shut it down. Much better tasting than a AB serving. This beer is the guy that bounces between triple A and the Biggs without ever making it into the rotation.

One of my original favorite beers. While my tastes have evolved , and I now much rather prefer beers with more taste, I still have a part of me loyal to this old beer. I've many memories through college and at Miller Park!

1.58/5  rDev -30.7%

Miller light is the heaviest of the light beers.

Light (very light) copper color with no head to talk about.

Taste of grain and alcohol. Not much of either.

Heavier body than most light beers but that isn't saying too much.

Would drink it if i am doing hard manual labor or just want to chug 13 beer in an afternoon.

3.06/5  rDev +34.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 5

A - Pours an apple juice color with a two-fingered head slowly dissipating to a transparent malty glaze less than 1mm thick. Decently carbonated - a plethora of bubbles were quickly floating to the top for a good five minutes after I began drinking the beer.

S - Malty. Couldn't really smell many other flavors.

T - Not much bite to it. Just some maltiness and carbonation. Very watery. Almost tastes like you're drinking liquefied corn.

M - Just because it looks like sparkling apple juice doesn't mean it will have the same consistency in thickness. It not only tastes, but also feels, watery, which adds to the "lite-ness" of the beer.

D - The only reason I gave drinkability a 5 is because I consider Miller Lite to be in the "party beer" category (like Yuengling, in my opinion). It's a decent beer to stock up on when having millions of people over to drink (much better than Coors Light or Bud Light). And I could have dozens and dozens and dozens of these without getting full. Well, maybe just one dozen, at most, before passing out in a puddle of my own drunken drool. When I want to get shitfaced with a bunch of friends for an affordable price, I usually pick up a few 18 packs of Miller Lite.

2.12/5  rDev -7%

"Four Time World Beer Cup Gold Award Winner. Best American Style Light Lager."

A - Pours a clear light gold with a bubbly white head.

S - In one word? Offensive. Strong corn, veggies, and grains too.

T - You guys add hops three times? Fooled me. There's a major grain impression that dominates the flavor profile. No wait, make that hay. Bale after bale of hay is what this tastes like.

M - Extremely thin, light as water. Excessive carbonation.

D - Being the son of water surely helps this beer go down one after another but the taste is sure to turn you away.

Final Thoughts: Blah

Well, i guess you could say this beer is bad. Your drinking this because you stole it or your from Ohio. I am not even going to describe the smell and taste because there isn't any. If you thought coors light was bad, this is that but watered down.

One time me and my friend decided to mix kool aid packets with the beer and it helped, it just tasted like carbonated kool aid

2.16/5  rDev -5.3%

Had a can of this left over from a rafting trip since everyone drank the good stuff first, so I figured I'd review it!
Looks pretty decent in the glass. Actually has some color to it, and a big foamy head. Smells like...beer, kind of grainy, a little musty, kind of like a keg party. Not too much flavor to describe really, a little bit of malt, and a little bit metallic, but nothing totally offensive. A whisper of aftertaste. The mouthfeel is fizzy and...fizzy. Overally drinkability is not horrible, probably due to the fact that the beer is engineered to be minimally offensive to any of your senses. As far as light beer goes, this one isn't horrible.

3.65/5  rDev +60.1%

From the Bros description for Light Lager category: "very low in malt flavor with a light and dry body. The hop character is low and should only balance with no signs of flavor or aroma."

Look: clear, light golden color; thin white head dissipates quickly and with no lacing
Smell: faint cooked vegetal aroma, like mixed vegetables boiling on the stove top
Taste: watery for sure; mildly sweet malt/cereal graininess
Feel: crisp mouthfeel; finishes clean rather than dry and no hop essence detected in nose, taste or finish

Overall: not my favorite lite beer (that would be Sam Adams Light) but this does hit most of the beer's category marks. Points deducted a bit since finish isn't dry, but maybe I'm spoiled by all the IPA/DIPA's I've consumed in the recent past.

2.35/5  rDev +3.1%

This is my go to "we're going to drink all day long" beer... Quantity rather than quality. Of the top 3 selling light beers, (Bud Light, Coors Light and this) This on is better than the other 2 options.

3.06/5  rDev +34.2%

I like it better than any other light beer and I have had my share......Taste Great....Less Filling.....Bob Ueker.....and Miller Park....need I say more!!!! LOL!

2.88/5  rDev +26.3%

Big name american light beer. That's what it is. Not worth the price for me. watered down high life pretty much, hell I don't think its a bad beer at all, I just don't see the attraction. Pretty average light beer. Thin, light body, dry after taste.

2.2/5  rDev -3.5%

Millier Lite looks good enough: clear light yellow color with a very small head. The carbonation is very active, the head disappears quickly leaving no lacing. I didn't notice any distinguishing aroma. The taste is mostly water, with all flavor surfacing after the beer has been on your tongue for a while. What you do taste isn't bad, but it isn't anything exciting either. Swallowing is easy and enjoyable enough. Better than most light beers.

3.83/5  rDev +68%

My rating is purely from the perspective of AALs. This is my go-to volume-drinking beer when quantity is the name of the game. Calorically-low, decent enough taste to bang down in between higher quality beers also. A mainstay in my beer fridge.

3.4/5  rDev +49.1%

I think to be fair - you have to take into account you are reviewing a lite beer and that it is supposed be like it is....

As a light beer this is my favorite with Amstel a second - and Coors Light a distant third.

No head --- pale yellow color - not a lot of taste (more than coors light or bud lite) blah blah blah

Take it for what it is a beer to eat buffalo wings with or to wash down that bacon cheeseburger.

1.96/5  rDev -14%

Took the opportunity to give Miller Lite a proper review after being offered one by visiting family, here goes-

Pours with pale straw color, frothy head crackles like a soda and quickly recedes to a thin skim of bubbles.

Minimal aroma. Grain with a musty hint is the backbone, slight smell of grass clippings. So clean the 4.17% alcohol comes through in the background.

Taste starts with fleeting hint of a bready grain flavor, vaguely corny. Mildly sour, astringent character. finishes with a musty overcooked vegetable character reminiscent of canned broccoli and grass clippings steamed for hours. Leaves behind a faintly yeasty/vegetable aftertaste. Light bodied, goes down like water. Carbonation is high but easy on the tongue, avoiding the stinging seltzer water character of many similar brews.

Overall: A true testament to the power of mass-marketing. There is nothing really offensive about this beer's attributes but not much good either, except for the thirst-quenching properties in blazing summer heat. However, even for filling that niche there are better options.

3.98/5  rDev +74.6%

This is probably the best light beer I have ever had. So far at least. On tap, comes out with a nice amount of foam. goes down easy and does not have a watered down taste.
Tastes liek your alsmost drinking a regular beer. If your watching calories, which im not i suggest this one.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.