Miller Lite

Notes:
firstprev| 1201-1225 | 1226-1250 | 1251-1275  | next → last
Reviews: 1,271 | Ratings: 4,845
1.5/5  rDev -30.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Why bother, seriously. At least it tasted slightly smoother than Amstel Light. If you are drinking this you really don't like beer, it's that simple. I'd tell you to go drink a seltzer water instead but that is probably more expensive.

What can I say, I was invitied to a party and I was excited to go... thinking that there would be beer and food (in that order).

Got there and asked the bartender for a beer and he said "Coors Light of Miller Lite?" I shuddered and said Miller Lite. So he handed me a can and I drank it.

There is not much to say about it, it was LIGHT in flavor, very light in fact. At least it was cold. It was not bad, I didn't get a headache so I gave it 2's across the board. I was thinking that there could have been at least Miller High Life but at least the food was good and so was the party. But I was disappointed with the choice of (CHEAP) beer.

By the end of the night I had a total of two beers. Oh well.

2.33/5  rDev +7.9%

Its time to review one of the lesser lights of the beer world - please forgive this atrocious pun. Medium gold color with a decent snow-white head that fades to a paper-thin layer in moments. Well carbonated, the bubbles are entertaining to watch, modest lace. Somewhat sweet grainy aroma with some mild hops. Taste is slightly sweet to start, with grain notes and a sting of carbonation, hops then come into play with a slight bitterness and lemon flavors toward the end of the taste. Finish is dry and crisp. Not a terrible beer, just not that good. This beer is popular with non-beer connoseur friends, however - so its advisable to have a few in the refrigerator for them.

3.28/5  rDev +51.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Pours a fairly deep gold compared to most light beers. White head vanishes. The aroma is limited and gives an odd malt note - maybe there are some hops twisted in here. Not offensive, but not really inviting. Of course, the Lite beer drinker isn't looking for aroma. The body is thin - basically a requirement to obtain a lower caloric count through complete fermentation. Always a problematic beer for bartenders because there's no body to hold the carbonation in, thus quite a bit of foaming. The carbonation doesn't help to give any mouthfeel, leaving it "watery" (no joking). The flavor is extremely light with just a swirl of malt and no hop. There's no real finish, just a light coating in the mouth. I'm not sure about "tastes great", but it's definitely "less filling". Very drinkable because each mouthfull leaves you empty. There are no flaws to it. A POUNDABLE beer if that's what you're interested in. Also probably very refreshing when lost at sea.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%

The dummies in the next building over were making steaks and offered me one of these to go with it. It's not as bad as I had convinced myself it was. Clear yellow color, fluffy white head, lots of bubbles. Smell was really bitter and metallic. Taste was mostly bitter, some beerness to it, but had a really thin watery finish, and a sour aftertaste. Light, thin, and easy to drink. The first 2-3 ounces, when cold are pleasant and tolerable. I see why people drink these fast, the longer it sits after 5 minutes, the harsher it gets.

1.55/5  rDev -28.2%

I knew the day would come, so I might as well start getting the macros out of the way. Of the 2 or 3 beers that I will not drink, this is one of them. I was fully prepared to leave, when friends forced me to stay and offered me one of these. The forced air carbonation gave a large fluffy head and the smell was bitter, but not quite a hops type bitterness. The color was a very light golden and the taste was non-existent.

2.23/5  rDev +3.2%

Crisp, light gold/yellow, moderately large head, very white and kind of artificial in appearance, no lace of note. Typical (light) “American Macro" constitutes the nose and palate, but maybe a tad worse... foul, grainy nose… watery and bland taste. Almost undrinkable to a refined palate, this beer is not for aficionados... There are way better “Light” beers on the market, try one of those if you must.

Side Note: Undrinkable out of the can…

1.65/5  rDev -23.6%

Of the megabrewers, this has to be the light beer that makes the worst impression on me. Granted all aren't a good color or smell, but the taste of this one is just rather odd.

1.6/5  rDev -25.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Well. This is a vapid, barely concealed mockery of beerdom. It's nothing. I couldn't take the ratings even down to 1 because it lacks enough personality to be awful. Barely any aroma, only the slightest hint of color and the taste is so watered down so as to make the carbonation dominate any possible flavor.

1.54/5  rDev -28.7%

I still put this in my bottom tier, but it deserves a bit better than my initial review (May 2002). The flavor, aroma, and body are still vapid to the point of being neutral. There is a sembalance of hoppy (though I cringe when I use that word here) crispness that elevates it slightly.

---
I'd write a review if there was anything to review here. Just God awful. One of the worst ever....right up there with Bud and Bud Light. Usually I put Miller above AB and Coors..not with this one...just plain horrible.
Pilsner huh? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Another "beer" I had at a good friend's bday party. Fortunately, I had some good stuff in reserve that I had to break out. I am sure I converted some people after the horrible duo of this and Coors Light. Rating 1.0

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%

When I am out with friends on the weekends and I am thirsty but I don't want a beer, this is what I drink sometimes. It is good for what it is: a grain flavored, weak-alcoholic soda pop. It is not a pilsner, or any beer for that matter. If you enjoy Miller Lite, I'm with you on that--no offense intended! But, let's be honest...

3.3/5  rDev +52.8%

Light beers...basically all the same. This one however, is not too bad on tap. I get it every now and then because it is easy to drink quite a few of them, and the 23 ounce pilsner is really really cheap at the bar.

2.25/5  rDev +4.2%

Absolutely no body, very little taste, but most important, those grainy aftertastes you see with every other macro are subdued to the point where I didn't even notice them. The best light beer of the big three!

1.41/5  rDev -34.7%

12 Oz bottle. Very pale yellow color. Extreamly carbonated but, bubbles are large(sign of forced carbonation to the max). No smell to write about. Slight malt flavor, no bitterness at all.. lacks any sign of hops. Slight skunk taste finish.

2.47/5  rDev +14.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A very watery beer. This is the beer that started the light beer craze back in the 70s and well, things haven't been quite the same since have they? My father drinks this and only this. It doesn't have alot of taste, and of course, its watery, but its not horrible. On a hot day, it will quench your thirst. If you are going for flavor then this isn't what you want to drink.

2.14/5  rDev -0.9%

darker than most bright lagers, but does that count for anything? a swill beer that can be drank endlessly without fear of getting sick. i hate that adjunct taste and smell and it's so fizzy and metallic! ugh! a true pilsener? WHAT??? ok that all said...when you're stuck in the desert and you have to choose between this and coors light....you pick this.

2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

It's better than Coor's Light, at least it was on Thursday when I was standing in an unheated garage in Rochester at 10 PM staring at stock cars while conducting the spur-of-the-moment "hey, it's free" comparison test.

Again, no idea of the color as I never saw it on the way from the can to my piehole. Definitely more "beerlike" than tha Bullet, with less of an off-grainy taste - I'll agree with a previous reviewer about a nuttiness to the flavor. May have briefly detected a hop in there somewhere as well. Not a bad pull if you're at a party with a big ol' cooler full of mixed cans of heavily advertised beer.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

As far as mass produced american lagers go this one is probably a little better than the others. It is almost transparent, smells of nothing, tastes of nothing with a slight hop taste that last for about 1 second (this is it's edge), the mouthfeel is ok but the beer is too carbonated to be very drinkable. Good to get a keg of for all your friends who don't like beer when you have a party.

Watered down look and watered down skunk taste. OK, here we go...I wasn't going to do this, but I can't help it. This is what Miller's R&D team manager said at the last meeting before they produced Miller Lite. "Let's get some bad tasting water and really screw it up, put it in a can, market the mess out of it (because we know this works...see Coors Light), and we'll sell it and tell people they like it, then by the time they figure out this isn't really beer at all, we'll all be rich!" Enough said.

2.36/5  rDev +9.3%

This the usual light brewski, same as the rest ... one of the better light beers out there for sure if you are a stickiler to styles. Light bodied, thin lace and minimal head retention. Lots of corn in the aroma and flavor, finishes pretty damn dry. More or less a sad excuse for beer.

2.55/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Presentation: 24oz large can (No. 13) slapped with lots of witty marketing jive, and a wide mouth opening. No freshness date.

Appearance: Very pale yellow in colour with a fine wispy head of carbonation.

Smell: Clean, semi-floral to the nose with hints of grain.

Taste: Light graininess, with hints of grain husk and sweetness. The tight carbonation mingles with a slight steely flavour, to produce some sharpness and mouth appeal. The hops come across lemony, with the slightest of tea-like characteristics. As the brew warms, notes of dimethyl sulfide (cooked corn) become noticeable. Finishes mostly clean with a metallic residual flavour in the back of the mouth and tongue.

Notes: As far as lite beers go, it's not horrible, but it is still a lite beer ... why bother drinking this on a normal basis?

firstprev| 1201-1225 | 1226-1250 | 1251-1275  | next → last
Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 53 out of 100 with 4845 ratings