Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Ratings: 4,545 |  Reviews: 1,199

1.25/5  rDev -45.2%

2.51/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

My wife drinks this beer once in a while. I have tasted it many times and just had one with her so it's time for a review. I try to base the review on what the beer is, not what I want it to be. My goal is objectivity.

12oz. bottle poured into a pilsner glass.

A- this beer looks a good golden color but pours no head at all.

S- the mineral tones are noticable right away.

T-not too bad, light and refreshing. The only pronounced taste I discern is that metallic mineral flavor.

M-the carbination is ok. It is light...and refreshing. Sounds better than weak and watery, no?

O-Don't expect to see any of this beer taking up any shelf space in my beer fridge, but I can't kill it. It could use a little more flavor.

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%

2.49/5  rDev +9.2%

So I adjusted my rating for this due to a few cans that a friend offered me while away at a tournament. First off, I'll admit that since I drank it from a can, my "look" rating is eschewed towards what this style typically looks like, which is to say pale yellow with a fizzy white head that disappears damn quick, leaving behind no lacing to speak of and just a rim of stubborn fizz.

Nose is corn gone astringent and little else

Taste isn't' awful, I have to admit. I once felt that anything Miller was just too sweet, so perhaps my palate has shifted, but I get at least a decent amount of bitter corn character with just a trace of sweet.

Very thin but in a smashable way. I cranked out two pretty quickly and never really grew tired of tasting it. Different story perhaps if I were to let it warm up, but honestly that's not the purpose of this beer style.

So to sum it up, you could do worse. Given the fact that this style is created for a simple purpose - to be a refreshing drink that you don't' have to pay much attention to, this beer does do it's job. Nelson it sure ain't, but it isnt' brewed to be Nelson either.

1.25/5  rDev -45.2%

2.67/5  rDev +17.1%

Pouted from a 12oz. can into a pint glass.

This is a review based on what this beer is, a standard light adjunct macro beer. This review does not reflect how this beer compares to craft brews.

A: Light yellow, very pale, very clear and transparent. Inch or so of solid white head fizzes up like soda and disappears almost immediately, leaving a small trace of lacing. There's nothing really attractive about it.

S: Smells like a beer. Boiled corn and maybe a note of hops, soured/fermented vegetable aroma.

T: Tastes almost the same as the other macro light adjuncts (Bud Light, Coors Light) - this one is a little stronger on the nasty fermented corn flavor than the others. Some people consider this a plus, I don't.

M: Soda. Feels like carbonated water. Not much else to say.

O: It is, as I and others have already stated, this is pretty much your average macro light beer. In all honesty, if given the choice, I'd probably take this over Bud Light, but I'd probably take a Coors Light before this one, not that there's much difference at all between them, but that's all subjective.

1.5/5  rDev -34.2%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.