Miller Lite

Miller LiteMiller Lite
Notes:
Reviews: 1,271 | Ratings: 4,845
1.91/5  rDev -11.6%

Miller Lite is one of the better American-produced light beers, but that's also like saying getting punched in the face is better than getting kicked in the junk. Will you watch the waste line with this? Yeah, probably, but the flavor is non-existent and this is one of those beers that's more popular because it's cheap instead of being popular because it's good.

3.65/5  rDev +69%

I am furious to read all of the terrible ratings for this beer... Miller lite, as a very seasoned craft brew drinker, is an OUTSTANDING light beer. All of the American popular go-to session beers are shitty lagers (yuengling is a decent exception) and Miller Lite is a Pilsner that is in the same ballpark, but is tremendously better. Honestly, Miller lite is one of those beers that if I literally had to choose one single beer that I could only drink the rest of my life, I may choose it (although, a % or 2 higher abv would make it an immediate choice). I think Miller is complex and perfected considering its position in beer. It’s not amazing to anyone really, other than the fact that it’s so refreshing and delicious to someone who loves a standard, regular beer flavor, and it’s so light you could drink them all day. It’s so crisp and delicious in the context wherein it lies. People need to stop rating it for shit because it’s a “lazy brew from a corporate conglomerate”. Well, that’s not untrue necessarily, but that fact does not make this beer bad or anything less than what it should be to veteran beer enthusiasts. It is beyond expectation for what it is and what it’s intended for as far as drinking goes. This beer is a beautiful pioneer of the beer culture in America. Bud light sucks bud heavy sucks, Budweiser overall just kinda sucks... coors is ok, Miller is incredible in comparison... even against yuengling which I also quite like. Surprisingly, I never buy cheap or light beer besides cervezas and Miller. I am a craft brew connoisseur. I love my IPAs, stouts, porters, Sours. Pale ales, literally every category, yet Miller is still a great standard for light beer and always a go to I can drink at anytime. Please stop rating this brew out of context and bashing it. The condescending shit review that’s at the top of this page was really getting to me, because Miller lite is a beautiful beer for what it is. And I love high life almost equally and it’s soooooo cheap.

3.32/5  rDev +53.7%

16oz can bb 2/18/18 consumed ice cold from the can. The beer looks like most AAL, you've probably seen it before, but I can't right now. The aroma is actually ok with a little bit of sweet corn and a hint of vague hops. The taste is watery malt, some vague hops and some off taste of butter. The mouthfeel is thin bodied, well carbonated and mostly dry in the finish. There is a definite oily/ soapy finish that ruins the experience for me. Overall, average AAL. I've had much worse and also had better.

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

Utter hogwash swill. Essentially in the most comprehensible of terms a can of the poor mans piss. Tastes like my mums unwashed arsehole after a day in the blistering summer sun when I'm being punished for being bad. Never have I not enjoyed the salty particulate of feces so much as when I consumed this beer. Heed my warning mates, at all costs avoid this rather unsavory brew or have ur tastebuds rendered to this shitting orfice of a cow

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

I drink miller lite when there is nothing else around. It is a fine light pilsner as the name suggests. No real smell, pours light gold, no head, and the mouthfeel is satisfactory. Out of the big brand commercial light beers, miller is leagues ahead of bud light, coors light, and its other competition.

2.17/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Poured from 12oz can into glass. Date code on can bottom is 'MAR1518'.
Clear, pale straw colored body. Minimal head and carbonation. No lacing.
Straight grain aroma, slight hops.
Mild grain taste, mild hop addition.
Thin body, with carbonic sting (which provides some sense of sensation overall).
A beer made for gulping, with refreshing, clean aspect. Minimal aroma and taste, but the beer is made for session drinking without having to pay attention to the beer.

1.64/5  rDev -24.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Ok..to be fair...we’ve all had those times when we couldn’t afford better...namely 14 years ago in college. Get it. It’s bad...tastes like amber urine....and water. That’s about it...

2.9/5  rDev +34.3%

Taste is clean, can't really object to it, some depth of color compared to other ultra light beers. It should be cheaper its weird that high life is somewhat thick but is cheaper

2.42/5  rDev +12%

Had on draft. Light colored like straw. Minimal white colored crown. Smell is muted just like any macro. The taste is some rice and corn like malt and quite a bit of sweetness. The mouthfeel is crisp. Overall having this on draft is sweeter than I remember in cans or bottles. But at least it's for more flavor than most "light" options

3.55/5  rDev +64.4%

My go to "diet" beer. It's not a handcrafted work of art by any stretch of the imagination, but it's drinkable and probably the best of the "Big Beer" lights.

3.5/5  rDev +62%

This is easily the best light beer of the macros and one of my all timers from my youth. I have moved on but I go back to it now and then. The taste of my 20's.

3.38/5  rDev +56.5%

I don’t really know where to start with Miller Lite. At one time Genuine Draft was my favorite beer and then it became very scare in my area. Now you can’t even find it. Miller Lite is an alternative to that. I guess it’s a lot like any other Lite beer. It taste isn’t unbearable, but definitely tastes watered down a bit. It’s a really light colored gold, and it doesn’t have much of a smell to it. If I were going to drink a light beer; I would definitely settle for a Miller Lite or a Bud Light.

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

L: Light yellow, weak foam

S: Corn, Rice, Weak smell of hops

T: Taste of grains, weak hops, light carbonation

F: Weak

O: The better of the light American Beers. If you ever a host a family-friendly event serve this beer.

4.19/5  rDev +94%

So basic. Very good for what it is, because there is never any variance you know what to expect. Plain light lager with no issues to speak of. Mass produced, low alcohol, you can drink lots of these. It's the McDonald's of beers, you know what to expect but it doesn't truly satisfy from a sipping standpoint. At the same time the experience is pleasant enough. From a flavor standpoint, Lite to me has more flavor than Coors or Budweiser light lagers. However, it is not that interesting. It is very good for what it is. A cheap light beer with high quality control that justifies a little higher price due to the quality control. So it's not special but the reliability of high quality production processes makes it special in its own way. It is the Marlboro/Chevy/Wal-Mart of beers. I think it would be really hard to hate this beer, which makes it enjoyable and likeable. This is definitely a beer you can bring to a party and it will be gone by the end of the night.

3.73/5  rDev +72.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

16 oz. can poured into tall mug
(best by Nov. 6, 2017 printed on bottom of can)

L: dark yellow-gold, crystal clear, big head of foam about an inch tall and slightly sticky; loads and loads of activity keep a full skin and super thick collar of white foam; slight lacing; beautiful brew

S: that AAL house paint thing ... grain, sour grain ... very weak aroma, so not much offensive but also not much to enjoy

T: corn, corn tortilla chip, loads and loads of grain, pinch of medicinality but also a pinch of earthy/black peppery hops ... it's just a pinch, but it's there and adding something;

F: light, almost watery but loads of carbonation fill it out and make it a model of drinkability

O: easily the best light American adjunct lager I've had, though the style is one I steer clear of over 99% of the time; this beer is good enough that I wouldn't hesitate to go with it when all other choices are terrible, and frankly, I probably will use it as a "drinker" to fill out my fridge when the fridge is running low ... it compares nicely to my favorite AALs, and I enjoy AALs, so me and Miller Lite will be meeting often

3.71/5  rDev +71.8%

I know im of the minority on this brew but i truly enjoy it. Yeah its light and has hardly any flavor but what it has is great and you can literally find it anywhere. This is my lawnmower beer of choice.

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

A step up from Coors light, a step down from Keystone. Take that how you will. Looks just as much as Ginger ale as those two but retains at least some bit of froth on top as to not be mistook for a soda. An unattractive light apple smell with a bit of sulfer like burn in the sinus. The taste is the same very lightly fruity, but also has the hollow stale wheat notes on after taste. Feels lighter than a soda, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

2.36/5  rDev +9.3%

Pours a light straw gold with a quickly-dissipating white head. Smells of nothing but a corn and malt mix. Tastes just the same. Very light bitterness towards the end of swallow, but more or less just a carry over of the corn and bready taste. Lingers on the palate, and not in a good way. This is just another light lager to avoid.

2.6/5  rDev +20.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

My go to macro lager. Good substitute for water while mowing the grass, or settling in after a few stiff IPAs. Will not win many awards, but I prefer its taste to most readily available domestic lagers.

2.21/5  rDev +2.3%

Pours a pale straw yellow with a small white head. Smells of grain. Tastes very watery with some bread, and maybe mild mild hops. Light body and medium carbonation. Overall it doesn't necessarily taste bad, but that's because it doesn't taste like much.

2.24/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

In the world of light beers, this is one of the more drinkable ones. The flavor is slightly more complex with malts, corn, a sweetness that I can not identify and some grassy notes. Light bodied, light mouth feel, finishes moderately dry, moderate carbonation.

1.73/5  rDev -19.9%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

In a blind taste test between Coors Light, Miller Lite, and, Bud Light at a recent bottle share, Coors Light was the clear winning with some actual taste including a hint of hop bitterness. Miller came in second on because Bud Light had no apparent flavor or body. Bud LIght is by far the worst.

1.49/5  rDev -31%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

So I reviewed Coors lite earlier because I am working my way through a bunch of leftover beers from a party at my place this weekend. It was awful. This is just a step above awful. Pours no head at all. Crisp first taste of sweet and corn. Corn finish with some kind of metallic/bread flavor. Coors light is horrid. This is a step above. Lets call it disgraceful instead.

1.38/5  rDev -36.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

I'm reviewing just for the fun of it. This actually isn't the worst of the macros I'd rather have this than Budweiser. Just had one with my dad whose in his 70s so he won't have a craft New England IPA. So I rated this kinda harsh because I did finish it without a problem. It wasn't the worst I've ever had. It might actually be my favorite macro but that's not saying much. Just that it's the best of the worst. If craft beer isn't your thing I'd recommend.

2.34/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

This beer pours a clear pale straw color with lots of active carbonation. It almost looks watery. There is a two finger dense yet fizzy bright white head. Retention is pretty minimal and there are a few spots of lacing left on the glass.

Smell is sooo bland. Grain, corn, a touch of bread, and a hint of grassy/floral hop aroma.

Taste is the same. Boring and bland.

Feel is light and smooth. Moderate carbonation, but still feels watery.

Overall this beer is not good. It used to be my weapon of choice throughout my high school years. I actually thought it was a good beer compared to the keystones and beast ices that were a mainstay of most of the parties back then. I haven't touched the stuff in ~12 years and wanted to see if I would still enjoy it, even if it was only nostalgic. Obviously things have changed quite a bit, because even on a hot day I wouldn't enjoy this. I'd rather a real example of a pilsner with some flavor, a craft lager or a gose.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 53 out of 100 with 4845 ratings