Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,181 | Ratings: 4,456
4.03/5  rDev +76.8%

This is one of my favorite beers. Sure it's a macro so it's not exceptional but is definitely my choice to take fishing or tailgating. Of course there is better beer, but for an American lager it's one of the elites. Much better than Bud Light and the silver bullet.

This is now my daily driver. It's really smooth and goes down easy and tastes like beer. There's some corn taste to it which I like but it's basically like every other beer. It doesn't give me a lot of horrible poops and farts; just some poops and farts.

For top selling macro lager light beer this one is best. It beat Bud Light and Coors Light for some flavor only THiss review is about the style lager light beer, not my personal tastes.

Appreance: Yellow color looks like a beer.

Smell Corn and maltiness; no hops

Taste : It taste of sweet and corn it has some taste at least compare to Coors and Bud,

Mouthfeel : It is fizzy and thin mouth. like light beer.

Overall : It is drinkability. I try to drank it cold and fast. I would pick this beer If I was fulll on food and I di not want to feeli bloated. It by far better then Coors light and Bud Light.

My favorite lite beer, I like my Dogfishead 60 and 90 IPAs. I like Sam Adams Lager. But this beer will get the job done (buzz) and tastes ok and won't fill me up on a night out where I plan on drinking many beers...

3.98/5  rDev +74.6%

This is the best tasting lawnmower beer and everyday drinker. Gives least amount of hangover and has best taste for any American style lite beer. Best beer for a night out drinking 4+ beers and not feeling bloated and sick that night or next day. If you are in a situation where you are drinking for a long period of time, there is simply no better choice.

3.98/5  rDev +74.6%

A - nice clean crisp yellow. Nice head with good retention. some lacing too, not bad.

S - Nice light crisp. Slightly watery.

T - Very refreshing. Super good served ice cold, great for the style.

M - Perfect!

O - Best of the BMC group, plus I like their gimmicks ;) Seriously, for the style, the brew is pretty decent.

3.98/5  rDev +74.6%

This is probably the best light beer I have ever had. So far at least. On tap, comes out with a nice amount of foam. goes down easy and does not have a watered down taste.
Tastes liek your alsmost drinking a regular beer. If your watching calories, which im not i suggest this one.

3.95/5  rDev +73.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I don't like lite beer that much, but when I'm going to get something that everyone will like, I go Miller Lite. It has a good taste for a lite lager and looks great in the new Steinie bottles.

3.93/5  rDev +72.4%

Miller Lite! Classic brew enjoyed for decades!
Good beer. Probably my favorite light beer out of the big guys - Coors Light, Bud Light, any other light. I drink this a lot when it is on sale or with some die hard Miller Lite drinkers. If I am at a bar and I buy the round with those hombres I buy Budweiser. When it's one of their turns they buy Miller Lite. It's just a great game to play when watching WWF on the bar tv and no hotties are around to look at. It's Miller Time!

3.92/5  rDev +71.9%

I've always had an affection for this beer. I know it's really nothing more than watered down light lager, but sometimes that's just alright with me. And if you close your eyes and take a sip, you can taste the pilsner deep within screaming to get out. I like this beer and there is a reason it just won gold for best light lager

3.9/5  rDev +71.1%

This is the one that never leaves my fridge. I know it's not the creme de la creme of beers, but for an American style light/lite brew...it's what I consider the best. I do think it has more flavor than most light beers...not near as wattery. It's on my list as a great drinkable beer. I have other beers higher on my list...imports and micro brews, but again... it never leaves my fridge. Pretty darn good beer in my humble opinion.

3.88/5  rDev +70.2%

Not a big fan of light beers, but this one might be the best light beer on the market. I always get a more crisp refreshing finish out of this beer. I hate the dry finish of Bud Light and the watery taste i get from a Coors light. Miller Lite is a good session or lawnmower beer.

3.88/5  rDev +70.2%

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews of this beer. I've had the gamut of beer the expensive craft beers, Sam Adams, the frat boy beers (Red Dog) and everything in between. Miller Lite is a great lite beer for the price. Good beer to relax with at the end of a day without too many calories to make you bloated.

3.87/5  rDev +69.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

This is my favorite, standard beer. I think it deserves much better marks than PBR for example. This beer is delicious and refreshing. It doesn't have the delightful tang of a bud light, but it's flavor is fuller, and richer. Murica!

3.87/5  rDev +69.7%

well personally i do think that this is my favorite lite beer out of them all thats why i am ranking it so high. the taste is really light almost to light but if your trying to drink alot of beer with out getting to drunk i think this beer would be smart to lean on.

3.83/5  rDev +68%

My rating is purely from the perspective of AALs. This is my go-to volume-drinking beer when quantity is the name of the game. Calorically-low, decent enough taste to bang down in between higher quality beers also. A mainstay in my beer fridge.

3.82/5  rDev +67.5%

Of course no the greatest beer in the world. Allthough this is IMO the greatest cheap ass beer in the world. Alot better than Natty and does not taste like sugar like Bud Light. A great palate cleanser inbetween great beers. I also love drinking this beer on hot days. A great college beer or pong beer. Always good to have a first love until the next one comes.

3.82/5  rDev +67.5%

Miller lite... ahh my first "true" love (whatever that is). I must say this is my favorite beer in this range primarily because it actually has a beer flavor rather than a water/piss flavor. The appearance is by far the best of this range, slightly darker yellow than most domestic light beers. Little lace is left behind by this beer but enough to satisfy a moderately undiscriminating beer drinker, or at least someone who keeps in mind the quality of this beer. The taste is slightly bitter with some sweet overtones. I actually like the aftertaste but it fades quickly. the mouthfeel is thin, but that is to be expected from a light beer. You can drink this beer all night if you can handle it because it does go down nicely and continues to taste good. If you drink another domestic light beer try this out, you may be suprised, if you don't drink domestic light beer, you rock.

3.78/5  rDev +65.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Out of the AAL category, this isn't too bad (especially compared to light beers). At least has a good amount flavor compared to the other light beers. I'm reaching for this over Corona, Dos Equis, Heineken, Coors Light, and Bud every single day if that's what's available. By far the best light beer.

3.75/5  rDev +64.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. Aroma- Corn and some hops, not bad for mass produced Appearance- Has a nice golden yellow color with a small white head Taste- A surprisingly flavorful American Adjunct Lager, don’t expect a craft beer flavor but it is very refreshing. Palate- A light bodied beer with heavy carbonation Overall- A very good AAL, if you rate it outside of that I think you aren’t being fair in your judgement.

3.75/5  rDev +64.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is the beer i take with me everywhere I go, I enjoy this beer. I think it is the best domestic beer out there (big company). I enjoy the push tab top and the smoothness of the pour or drink from the new designed can they have now. I think this beer goes well at any barbeque and is universal enough that anyone will drink and enjoy this beer.

3.71/5  rDev +62.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a clear gold with streaming bubbles and a rocky white head that crackles as it dissipates rather quickly.

Sweet white bread, biscuits and crackers. Also pick a faint note of hops.

Taste is not much as this is a light beer. I do pick up some malty and grainy taste with the carbonation playing out and perhaps a bit of hops towards the very back of the tongue.

Mouth feel is very light and finishes very crisply.

This is a pretty nice light beer. Seems to have some more flavor than the competing light beers. I just have to work to find the taste. The nose on this one actually was quite pleasant and I did enjoy that. Drinking this in an ice cold can and not in a glass would make this beer better.

3.71/5  rDev +62.7%

Aroma:Just a little malt aroma. Smells a little bit sweet and there may be some floral hop aroma in there.

Appearance:Very pale yellow in color. Good amount of white head that does not last very long. Very clear with visible bubbles.

Taste:Flavor is crisp and dry, but watery. Very little hop flavor and bitterness. There's not a whole lot to this, but at least there's not off flavors.

Mouthfeel:Very good carbonation, body is very light. Kind of like carbonated water with just a hint of bite.

Drinkability:For the style, this beer holds up very well. Very little complexity and low alcohol makes it a good alternative in countries where the water is not safe to drink.

3.7/5  rDev +62.3%

Out of all the light American beers I like Miller lite the most. It has a nice color, really smooth when ice cold. Its great for tailgating and just hanging out with friends and knocking a few back. My second choice would be Coors lite. But I would recomend this beer for anyone looking for a good like domestic beer.

3.7/5  rDev +62.3%

Miller Lite got left at my house for a barbecue tomorrow... but I've seen the Man Law commercials, I think that when it enters my fridge it becomes my beer, right?

Served nice and chilly out of the fridge. Weak head retention, leaving a weak net of bubbles floating in the center. Clear, yellow, very bubbly... bubbles are good for the style.

Not a strong smell, mostly adjunct grains, especially corn. Slight kiss of hops. Does not worsen as it warms.

Taste is mild, pure smooth grains. Finish is watery but I caught some slightly bittering hops with a grassy taste. Very little taste but no off-notes at all... so many macro lights are watery-bad, this is watery-good.

Mouthfeel is crisp, light bodied and bubbly. Again, smooth finish with no off or skunky notes.

A solid example of an above-average light lager. Having consumed a lot of light lager (lots of variety and lots of consumption), I feel safe saying that this compares favorably to Bud Light and Coors Light, not to mention Keystone, Busch, etc. Considering that the style is designed to be low ABV, subdued "smooth" taste that is as inoffensive as possible, this one is right on. Don't hate the player, hate the game...

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.