Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Alströms:

Ratings: 4,558 |  Reviews: 1,204

4.49/5  rDev +106%

4.45/5  rDev +104.1%

this is a classic lager with a very high drinkability anfd a good taste. the beer is very generic but flavor is nice. this i one of choice for my wife and most of the community and I think is because of the less filling part of the beer. the phrase drink more and feel less full is the term well said. This beer i like but I don't buy too much of.

4.4/5  rDev +101.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.36/5  rDev +100%

4.36/5  rDev +100%

4.29/5  rDev +96.8%

Good Old ML. What a great thing, you can drink it all night and not get sick of it. Most bars ahve it on tap. If im in a beer mood (not often) i'll get Miller lite in a Pint glass, if at parties, ML in a can is good.

A - Looks like any other beer, nothin special. Golden in color.

S - Smell Is nothin original, but is very appitizing to the lips after the nose hits it.

T - Tastes completely delicious. Once it flows down the Troat, It stays with ya for a little while, but after a few seconds you just wanna put you lips on the can again to take another swig.

4.28/5  rDev +96.3%

One of the best light lagers in the US market, much better overall then other mass produced beers.

A=A yellowish-brown color with a frothy head that dissipates quickly (much darker than the other big American brewers light beers-coors, bud)

S=Decent barley aroma with a touch of hops, aroma volatiles are a little stronger then most light lagers

T=For a light beer it has a good "beer" flavor, not a watered down taste at all, very consistent taste

M=High levels of carbonation, very low viscosity

D=This is a beer you can drink all night without getting sick of it.

4.28/5  rDev +96.3%

Well now, let me preface this by saying that this is not a good beer. It is good for the style, hence the numbers, but it is not good if taken out of that particular arena.
Having said that, this is the most beer-tasting lite beer I've ever had. Slight malt and corn presence with a crisp, bubbly (very thin) body and a sweet aftertaste. I wouldn't mind knocking a few of these back. Heck, I might even buy a pitcher of it if I were out with a crowd that didn't dig real beers.
Overall: It is drinkable, which for a lite beer, is a huge accomplishment.
I didn't hate it.

4.26/5  rDev +95.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Great light beer! I think it has a very distinct smell and taste. It is a balanced light beer which I am starting to think I like more than bud light. It seems to have much more flavor and body. Overall for a light beer would surely recommend! Enjoy all Advocates!!

4.24/5  rDev +94.5%

(four 8 oz cans, poured in succession, keeping my Chouffe tulip near full - review #1000)

L: crystal-clear liquid of a sunny golden-yellow hue... poured with about an inch of loose, white foam, which for some reason doesn't immediately disappear... somehow, a thin collar of suds remains... no lace of note - it seems like it wants to stick, but you can actually see it retract from the glass

S: wet stainless steel, lightly-toasted cereal grain - mildly cereal-like similar to one of the Chex brands... tiny hint of green grass on the edges... arguably has an overtone of what I can only describe as the damp floor and general interior of a large warehouse or factory... not picking up the triple hops... altogether, not powerful or inviting, but more definition than expected

T: one should be able to tell during its light-moderate watery finish that it's missing some meat, but the malt that's there is at a surprising level... bit of a subtle almost artificial sweetishness (Splenda?) that lingers that seems to balance the grassy/dirty-penny... the blend of malt/corn may be sort of awash in or cut with mineral water, but there is some flavor to be had here once unfrozen

F: surprising degree of body to it (when warmer), but still rather light and disappearing on the palate... maybe I need to eat, but I'm getting a subtle glow of warmth in the back of the palate... the carbonation comes across very quiet and a bit fluffy-foamy... I gotta say, perhaps it's a fortunate choice of glass, but I cannot see what they could do to improve the textures of this beer - I'm still floored that it's anything but thin and fizzy

O: I got myself into trouble on a few occasions as a teenager drinking this crap: 1) this was the featured beer among a menu mostly consisting of random old man's liquors when I nearly gave myself alcohol poisoning raiding a friend's dad's bar when I was 15 (slept 14 hours that evening, missed the next day of school - shame shame), 2) powered down 10 beer bongs of this in an hour once - the one and only time I can recall having a feeling coming close to being on psychedelics by way of drinking (age: about 16), 3) was arrested after having shared a case of cans with the aforementioned friend in the car while driving down south for spring break - we almost got there without incident, and managed to only have one unopened can left - stuff to be proud of... anyway, first, this might be the first time I've ever had this in a glass - traditionally, I've only swilled this from a can... surprised how relatively tasty this actually is when poured out into a glass - I cannot say the same about most other adjunct lagers... and this just further supports my feeling that of the classic big 3, Miller's beers I seem to loathe least... a sentimental classic

4.21/5  rDev +93.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A - Clear golden body with one finger of white head that goes away quickly but leaves no lacing

S - Faint malt and wheat mixture

T - Light malt and wheat flavor that is refreshing

M - Medium body with medium carbonation

D - Easy to drink and enjoyable given the right circumstances

4.2/5  rDev +92.7%

Pours super light yellow...it almost looks like soda-ish, like sprite but yellow.
Smells faintly of rice and grain..FAINTLY!
Taste is really light. it's hard to pick out a lot about it, but very clean and refined tasting.
Mouthfeel is light and carbonated nothingness
Drinkability is great...I once drank a 20 pack of these!

Dudes, if your're going out and want to hang for the long haul, you can drink these all night. Great beer for 5 hour sessions. One weird thing is though, the buzz actually seems lighter than with real beers. I like these sometimes. Good for long days at the beach. This beer brings back a lot of memories. I will always go back to it at times. It has it's place and time. I mean, what do you want from a super light macro beer? I'll tell you what i want...Drinkability. I think a bunch of people are not reviewing beers according to the style of the beer. I mean, are you going to sit here and say "This stout is too full bodied"? This beer is brewed to taste like nothing. And thats just what it is. I can't think of a better super light macro beer. Best served BALLS COLD!

4.19/5  rDev +92.2%

So basic. Very good for what it is, because there is never any variance you know what to expect. Plain light lager with no issues to speak of. Mass produced, low alcohol, you can drink lots of these. It's the McDonald's of beers, you know what to expect but it doesn't truly satisfy from a sipping standpoint. At the same time the experience is pleasant enough. From a flavor standpoint, Lite to me has more flavor than Coors or Budweiser light lagers. However, it is not that interesting. It is very good for what it is. A cheap light beer with high quality control that justifies a little higher price due to the quality control. So it's not special but the reliability of high quality production processes makes it special in its own way. It is the Marlboro/Chevy/Wal-Mart of beers. I think it would be really hard to hate this beer, which makes it enjoyable and likeable. This is definitely a beer you can bring to a party and it will be gone by the end of the night.

4.19/5  rDev +92.2%

For a lite beer it is pretty good.

4.19/5  rDev +92.2%

Keeping in mind the category (Light Lager), Miller Lite is a very good beer. In fact, it is almost the epitome of the American Light Lager class.

It looks very nice with a golden color and has a very light, but distinctly lager taste. On a hot day, it is perfect and highly drinkable. On a cold day, it is a bit thin.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 3.8% out of 100 with 4,558 ratings