Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,163 | Ratings: 4,394
1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

A: Clear straw color, medium carbonation visible, no head that sticks around. See through beer that doesn't have an impressive appearance at all.

S: Hardly any. Do not pick up on any hop scent, maybe a little bit of malt, but that's it. Smells like off-smelling water.

T: Very light body, no alcohol, hop, or noticeable taste.

M: Refreshing, but again so is water. It doesn't stimulate the mouth at all, very light body could let one mass consume these without noticing it.

O: Bad beer. Only drink if you're mowing the lawn on a hot day and have nothing else around but water. No noticeable, distinguishing qualities; far from the triple-hops brewed slogan for taste.

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

Wow, what a watery beer. I have to admit, if they were going for minimalist art, this beer would be ranked much higher. I am having a hard time deciphering a flavor other than sugar, and I guess corn. I agree, triple hops brewed must mean 3 hop pellets for every batch. Aside from the kick I get with the fizzy bubbles, I think I'd rather have water.

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

The only beer at a party so I had to drink it if I wanted beer. Out of the can, clear almost like water. Taste was hard to distinguish from water. The tiniest bit of malt, perhaps, no hops. It's hard to rate something that is nonexistent. I would drink this as a thirst quencher, ice cold if I were dying of thirst and nothing else was available. THere's an old joke that goes like this; what do sex in a canoe and light beer have in common? They're both f---ing close to water. This beer fits the description.

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

Triple hops brewed huh? We shall see. Pours a wimpy one finger head, completely white. The body is completely see through, tons of carbonation, bright yellow in color. Looks pretty terrible, no real good things at all. As for the smell, it might be the most unimpressive smell I have ever smelled in a beer, which is saying a lot. I mean....I get absolutely NO smell, I mean I am sniffing real hard here and all I am picking up is a tiny bit of malt on the nose, other than that is just smells like water. I mean in some ways I am looking forward to this because it smells super clean and refreshing, and it has almost no smell, so that means it probably has almost no flavor, and if you have almost no flavor, than you can't have to much bad flavor even if it is flavor, right? I guess I'm just looking at the bright side of things, since I've been enduring some pretty bad adjunct lagers recently. I want to give this some point on the smell for smelling what I would call less offensive, but really, less smell, and less taste in any beer is not a rewardable thing. I mean....I'm really confused here, because I enjoy drinking it, it's not a bad thing to drink, but that's because it has absolutely no flavor, it might as well be sparkling water, seriously. I dunno, I can't give it 1.5 in every category, and since BA got rid of the drinkability tab, I guess I have to give it a 2 on taste. I mean if I was just rating it as a beverage I would give it a 3, but as a beer it gets a 1.5, maybe 2 because it has absolutely no flavor. The mouthfeel is ok, considering the rest of the beer is the weakest thing I've ever tasted. Overall...I'm just so confused with this beer, easy drinking, not a horrible taste, but....no taste what so ever. I mean describing what I taste in this beer would actually be insulting to beers than actually do have flavor.

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

This was a lot better than served on tap. It was a little warmer, I think. Still has a very weak flavor, that is dominated by a grain taste. Still very boring. Drinking it out of the bottle makes you miss the lack of a decent head. Gimme a full flavor beer instead of this stuff anytime.

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

I guess I'm writing this review because this beer is, despite its awful taste, is connected to so many memories from high school to college to even a few months of post-college football watching. I'm at a point now where I avoid these types of beers at all cost, because regardless of their "low-cal" designation, I would rather enjoy my beer and have to be on the treadmill for 5 extra minutes than to suffer through another one of these watered-down brews. The BA "avoid" designation pretty much says it all. Leave this one to the college kids who don't know (or can't afford) any better.

1.74/5  rDev -23.7%

A: Clear yellow-gold pours a fairly thick head that fades quickly and doesn't linger.

S: Alcohol and malt. Not much else.

T: If this is "triple hops", I can't imagine what the old stuff tasted like. Just alcohol and stale malt.

M: Light body with some carbonation and little to no smoothness.

When I was in college, I used to drink this beer by the case. Now I cringe at the thought of another sip.

1.74/5  rDev -23.7%

I give all beers a chance. I gave this one a chance. Appearance saved this beer because it looks like your standard macro lager. Smell was faint hops and grains. Felt watery and well, light. Overall this fell short. Wouldn't drink it again.

1.74/5  rDev -23.7%

It was a clear to light yellow beer with lots of fizz, and a small head with slight lacing.

Smells like nothing noticable.

This taste i dont know if it is associated or is the actual taste but it is a fizzy watered down alcohol taste almost like a perrier and vodka mixture at a 9 to 1 ratio. it tastes carbonated that is about it.

Mouthfeel: i could not overcome the fizz

overall: should only be used when already drunk to ge tmore drunk.

Yuck.

Looked bad, smelled bad, tasted bad, felt bad, drank bad. Not much else to say...Their triple hops brewing claim may make people think it's of quality, but it really sucks. Smells terrible. I'm assuming the hops they get are from a generic source, maybe impersonation hops product? Is there such a thing? I just don't understand how the can think that this stuff tastes good. People (if you can call them that), seem to think this stuff is awesome. They love it, which I don't get at all, but whatever floats your boat I guess. Either way, I find it hard to say anything positive about this beer when I have never had either a good time with it or a good memory of it.

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%

If BMC are my only choices, then I'll go for a Miller Lite, but in this day and age of $6-8 beers at sporting events, I'm reaching more and more for water and leaving the beer drinking at home and at pubs!

Triple Hops Brewed must mean three (and only three) hops in each batch of beer... Better taste than it's counterparts from AB and Coors, but not by much. Carbonation level seems annoyingly high.

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%

Poured a light golden with a small head that dissipated quickly. Small amounts of carbonation can be seen rising.

Not much aroma. Some sweet corn, adjuncts and light citrus at the end.

Taste was not good. Sweet malts and again some very light citrus. Some light bitterness. The biggest taste impression was that it was fake or "off."

Mouthfeel was light, not cleansing.

Overall, this is not drinkable. The bad taste just wouldn't get me to try more. There are better light lagers out there.

12 oz can poured into an Ithaca Beer Co pint glass

A - pours crystal clear very pale yellow with a wisp of head.

S - skunkiness? It just smells like a bad beer would smell - how do I describe that?

T - bleh. I swear I taste the corn adjunct. There is almost no taste at all, except for a weird aftertaste. There are no hops whatsoever, much less "triple hops". It loses points for false advertising.

M - You know when you are sick and you are able to stifle a vomit by holding it in your mouth? That is what this beer feels like in your mouth. I may as well just vomit now, before I swallow it.

D - as soon as I take a sip of this beer, I feel my head start throbbing, knowing that I'll have a hangover tomorrow. Eat crap, Miller Lite.

In honor of the Angry Video Game Nerd - Rather than drinking this beer, I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarreah dump in my ear. I rather eat the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk and down it with (another) beer.

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%

This is the worst beer I have ever had.

Only a half finger head, and light yellow in color

Smells like Rice and corn.

Only tastes are of corn and booze

Mouthfeel: feels like a beer flavored soda

This is not at all a pilsner beer; use this to cook brats.

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%

[Appearance]: Very pale straw color, clear, lots of carbonation, soapy head that disappear really quick. Looks like a typical Adjunct Lager.
[Smell]: Roasted corn aroma, hint of skunky.
[Taste]: Corn, maybe some little grainy from the malts, I could detect some slight of bitterness from the hops. Has a weird aftertaste that lingers in my mouth.
[Mouthfeel]: Light bodied, carbonation is pretty strong.
[Drinkability]: I couldn't drink the rest.

I'm surprise they call this a "True Pilsner", more like "True Adjunct Piss".

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%

Liquid resembles water with golden food coloring. White tuft of foam stands a half finger high and isn't as bad as you'd expect. Carbonation is lively, but lacing leaves a lot to be desired. The weakest aspect is the body, which is translucent and does not resemble beer whatsoever. This is way too clean and filtered. I imagine a Munich lager passed through a Brita would look like this.

Scent packs the usual suspects for the style. Think corn, tin cans, paint thinner, synthetic dryness and the other adjunct ingredients. It's been so long since I've voluntarily smelled a beer like this and, after sniffing it, I remember why.

Flavor is like a dollop of margarine (see diacetyl). It's admittedly low on the skunky notes, which is a huge plus, and the carbonation bite in the conclusion is pleasant. This tastes pretty fresh, despite the obvious tinniness and the complete lack of malt whatsoever. Flavorwise, this isn't the worst of its type.

Mouthfeel completely lacks range. It goes from a watery liquid in the front to a watery liquid in the back with the heavy carbonation barely waking the tastebuds.

If you were stuck at a lame party or already three sheets to the wind, I could see this being an easy beer to get down. Sadly, I'm sober right now and I'm not too stoked about finish my glass.

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%

A&S: Pours golden, very clear and with about two fingers worth of head with pretty good retention. Smells like corn.

T&M: Zero taste as it hits the tongue. Flavor comes on later, tastes like barely anything and not much else with a kind of gross aftertaste. Mouthfeel is like bubbly water.

D: I think the drinkability they advertise refers to the fact that you have to drink it quickly to avoid the bad taste. Also, as it warms the taste gets worse and worse until it tastes sort of like vomit. Only reason I'm drinking this one because I'm all out of my tasty IPAs and these are left over from when I had friends over ages ago.

1.71/5  rDev -25%

I felt sort of ironic pouring this beer in a glass, but I did it anyway. Good for me.

Pours a shining luminescent and painfully clear and bubbly yellow with an excessive, soapy and plasticy head.

Smells like water.

I think about 5% of the taste registers in my mind as being malt. The other 95% is more than vaguely reminiscent of paper.

I usually don't excessively macro bash, but I usually buy Miller High Life for my binge drinking purposes and decided to take the "step up" to Miller Lite. It was really like 20 steps down. However, if you can remove from your brain the expectation that what you are putting into you is going to be beer, it may be possible to down many of these due to its super light character and no-nonsense.. well.. no-anything flavor content.

1.71/5  rDev -25%

Served in the can. Why taint the glassware?

Appearance: I've seen Miller Light poured out before, as have we all. Straw yellow with a short-lived white head. Looks like a "beer."

Smell: Light grassy aromas. Overall, very much a mild smell.

Taste: Faint malty sweetness, slightly grassy short aftertaste. Nothing to get excited over.

Mouthfeel: Just a little heavier than carbonated water, but not much more.

Drinkability: I had this out of solidarity with my family, but only because the HopDevil and Yuengling hadn't been chilled yet.

1.71/5  rDev -25%

Appearance - Pale yellow with about an inch of foam, along with carbonation bubbles. Foam was gone pretty quickly.

Smell - Nothing special, but a tad malty.

Taste - Watered down, skunky and not what a macro-beer should taste like.

Drinkability - 3rd tier of cheap macro-beers. I would get a Bud/Natty Light instead.

1.71/5  rDev -25%

Pours from 24oz can a very pale yellow with a decent head of foam.

The smell is typical of the style and in no way begging for my indulgance.

The taste has a slight lemony taste that is surrounded by oodles and oodles of water. Yeah, it's a light beer and it tastes like one. No surprises here and I'm just glad that I didn't have to buy a 6er just to review it. On to better things...

1.71/5  rDev -25%

Had a few cans left over from a recent party. [No matter how sophisticated you and your friends might be, somebody always asks for a "lite beer" when we throw a party; so I oblige them].

This beer is little more than carbonated water. Nice appearance in a glass but no taste to speak of. Not difficult to drink but not a substitute for real beer.

1.71/5  rDev -25%

Unfortunately had to drink one of these at a cook out yesterday...
Review is from memory although I wish I couldn't remember it.

A: Diluted apple juice with an odd level of carbonation.

S: ... I don't believe there is any, maybe some barley and the tears of the brewer who was forced to make such an awful "beer"

T: Yup that is disgusting, moving on.

M: Thin and lacking.

O: This is terrible and I only consumed it in order to not offend my buddy. Please avoid and try not to get trapped into this one.

1.7/5  rDev -25.4%

A: Pale, clear off-yellow with a medium white head.

S: Adjunct malts; I detect mostly corn. Not much else.

T/M: This has probably the most off-putting steamed-in-the-bag frozen vegetable taste I have ever encountered in a beer. This is followed by corn malts and just the slightest astringent hop bite, with a watery texture and way too much carbonation for its own good.

D: A BMC, and a low-end one at that. Why do people drink this?

1.7/5  rDev -25.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Light beer, what's the point? It seems to be the in thing now adays. The quest for the fewest calories and even less taste. Miller Lite has held its own for quite a while now but if you are using it in a cup you are throwing ping pong balls into then you might as well save the good beer for drinking. I am not being a snob, there is nothing wrong with Miller High Life, especially for making beer brats but if you are going to drink a beer you may as well drink a full calorie brew and hold that nine month pregnant beer belly high!

Appearance: pours a very pale, pathetic yellow color. Yes, I poured it into a glass because I want to do it right!

Smell: thoughts of the cereal Kix comes to mind soaked in celery juice.

Taste: faint malts and more cereal grains, over cooked corn and maybe one hop leaf drowning in a pool of seltzer water.

Sure, it's easy drinking if you want to drink 37 beers before you feel anything. Maybe this is like those electric cigarettes smokers use to ween themselves. This beer lets alcoholics go through the motion without totally falling off the wagon.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.