Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,189 | Ratings: 4,484
2.82/5  rDev +23.7%

A: Pale golden body. 1/2" white head that didn't last long & left little lacing.

S: Light aroma. It didn't smell like much.

T: Didn't taste like much either. Not offensive though, as some macros tend to be.

M: Light body and overactive carbonation leaves it a bit fizzy.

D: Goes down easy since there's really nothing to it - but why drink something so flavorless unless your objective is to drink for hours upon hours without falling into a coma?

24 oz. can,

A: Pale yellow, with a dissipating, artificial looking white head, with horrible retention in a pint glass.

S: Basically nonexistant, a light hint of corn.

T: Terrible, tastes like old tepid bath water, mixed with soap and soaked in cornmeal for an hour. I've had bad light beers before, but this one takes the cake. I'd rather have it taste like nothing, like Coors Light or Natty Light, at least then it would be easier to drink. There's no taste of the choicest hops that they mention on the label.

M: High in carbonation, seltzery, spritzy, no substance to it.

D: A terrible beer, this will be my lowest review on this site. I know I'm ranting, but my body had a bad reaction to this overprocessed crap. Save your money and buy a real beer, or least a Bud Light, which for a light beer is not horrible. True pilsner? Yeah right, drink a fuckin' Czechvar or Urquell if you wan't a real pilsner, in conclusion, the worst beer I have ever had. This is the antithesis of beer, everythng we been striving for, going back to tradition for 9000 years, there's no need to drink this shit.

3.26/5  rDev +43%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

I just kind of figured I'd give this a try. Keep in mind, I'm reviewing it for style; if I was reviewing it based on more legitimate or comprehensive standards the score would be far lower.

Appearance: Poured out a fairly clear, though slightly yellow, liquid. It's more "beerlike" than either Coors Light or Bud Light, so I give it points for that. It looks like a typical macro, though just a bit more clear.

Smell: Again, typical macro. Corn and alcohol fill the nose. Not too much going on here.

Taste: Corn and sweetness, though certainly should not be confused with sweet corn! I assume the sweetness has to come from whatever little malt is apparent; I could not taste any hops in this brew. More taste than the offerings of Bud and Coors, though again, this is not something to be terribly excited about.

Mouthfeel: Just nonexistent. Very thin and watery, though the alcohol does provide some bitterness to keep you from drinking this like water.

Drinkability: I rate the drinkability of this as high. At just about 4.2% alcohol, it's possible to drink a lot of these. Combine this with the thin profile, and it's possible to consume a lot of these and a lot of hot dogs (or your grilled cuisine of choice) in one sitting. Just take that recommendation with a grain of salt, though, because you'd be better off drinking a lot of something more tasty.

Overall, this is probably the best "light" offering of the three main macro producers. I still think that PBR Light is a superior light offering, though it's nowhere near as ubiquitous as Miller Lite.

4.08/5  rDev +78.9%

Keep in mind that this review is about the style, not my personal tastes.

Pours deep yellow, lots of head that runs away like cockroaches when the light's flicked on. Better color than most macros I've seen.

Corn and sweet maltiness; could not detect hops

Sweet and corn once again, but at least it has some kind of flavor. Like I said, great for the style.

Fizzy and thin in my mouth.

Great drinkability. Drink it cold and fast. It's what it's for. This is the beer I pick if I find myself in unfortunate bmc-only situations.

3.58/5  rDev +57%

While it may not be the most popular or best selling light beer in America, Miller Lite is definitely the best tasting. That point cannot be argued. As far as light beers go, Miller presents us with much more taste and mouthfeel than other leading light beers. The only light beer that can rival it is Sam Adams Light. I am a big fan of paying for and drinking better beers, however, if I plan to drink all night (maybe a little in excess) the beer that I choose is one that I can handle a lot of and enjoy the taste: Miller Lite.

1.27/5  rDev -44.3%

Not a good beer at all. Not even in the Top 5 light beers IMO

Clear as water and really doesn't have a taste. The last time I remember drinking a few of these, I had a massive headache the next day.

Steer clear!!

I think the masses flock to this mainly thanks to clever marketing more than anything.

2.66/5  rDev +16.7%

One of the better light macro brews on the market. In the overall beer spectrum, not great, but if you need a lot cheap beer with a decent taste, Miller's the way to go. Pours a light, almost clear, yellow and offers little in the way of aroma. If you are in to light macro brews, this is the way to go.

1.63/5  rDev -28.5%

Pours a faint yellow color with no head. A slight sweetness in the nose, and the same in taste. It is a clean beer, with no aftertaste. I do not say I like this beer, but there is not much to say. Smooth and does not have a major taste profile. I guess that is why the masses drink this, but it is non offensive.

1.92/5  rDev -15.8%

Uhmmm. what can I say? It pours a piss yellow with a light head and it has a bit higher carbonation than it should . The aroma smells of corn and barley; the taste is non-existent. It goes down fairly easily. That said, its best drunk when fishing all day.

2.04/5  rDev -10.5%

Pours a Light/clear yellow color with a head that fizzles immediately upon pour. Aroma is light and somewhat sweet, smells of adjuncts as usual. Taste is light and crisp with almost no backbone or flavor. Much like drinking corn water. It does go down easily even after the syrupy consistency of it fades into the background. Certainly nothing special though. It's not Lite beer. It's just Lite.

1.58/5  rDev -30.7%

12 oz. bottle in a mug...thin, spongy lace evenly dissolves on a goldish-yellow, champagne bubbly body--plenty of action!...used to feeling this in the bottle or seeing it over a Silo cup...metallic malt odor--pure nostalgic rush a plus, weak character a minus...thin, spritzy attack on the sides of the tongue, the unmistakeable corn backlash at the throat....mass production rears itself here--breathing out as flavorful as swallowing in...the taste of plasticine carbonation and obtrusive malt...score a point for the taste of beer pong, regatta, three man, asshole, beer funnel, etc., that this beer has come to guiltily associate itself with... a backyard brew for away games ONLY....on reflection, too much to say about a beer that I’m overly familiar with and couldn’t be much less interested in... but this is my wife’s favorite, so I must score with a loving heart...

1.25/5  rDev -45.2%

Appearance- watered down gold color, little head.

Smell- None really. maybe a slight hint of hops.

Taste- Again none. Maybe a hint of hops.

Mouthfeel- Light and carbonated.

Drinkability-None. Was like drinking water. This beer is similar to most light beers which is light(Lite?) on taste.

2.86/5  rDev +25.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

Poured a very light straw hue with a three finger pillowy bleach white head. There was decent retention and lacing.

The smell featured a light cooked corn element with a smattering of hop.

The taste consisted of a seltzery nearly flavorless malt with a touch of drying utilitarian hop. Slight doughy finish.

The mouthfeel was extremely light and very clean.

Overall a very light light beer. Very drinkable for what it is however.

1.77/5  rDev -22.4%

Pours a clear straw color with a soapy white head that actually left some nice chunk lacing, to my suprise. Unfortunately, the smell is of grain, corny metallic twang, sweet, unpleasant. The taste is light, watery and grainy, corn like taste. The feel is watery and not as carbonated as other macros. Nothing great, good cooler beer.

2.71/5  rDev +18.9%

Super pale golden pour, moderate carbonation and better head than produced from a can. Smell is seriously hard to detect. Corn, cereal like scent is really all I get. Taste is basically absent. Some grains and the tiniest hint of hops. Mostly water and random adjuncts. Mouthfeel is light, watery, and doesn't do anything for me. Better and more active from a can or bottle. Overall it's drinkable but not if you have choices. From a can or bottle I think there is a little more to this beer.

1.5/5  rDev -34.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Uhgg!

my dad had this in his fridge. i was hot. i was thirsty. i was weak in my convictions! so i swiped one...Uhgg!

not good. it had been a long time since i had a ML. it will be a long time till i have another. it is certainly better than Bud Light and Mich Ultra, but it is still another watery lil to no taste or bad taste super light beer.

pass.

suckem up and movem out.

giblet

1.9/5  rDev -16.7%

10 onz can no visible freshness date

Appearance is a pale golden color with some white bubbles .

Smells like a light lager,water and grains,some veggies also.

About the Taste some grain,lots of water very light taste.

It the mouth it feels very light nothing great about this beer,there's plenty of other light beers that i think are best than this one,I don't see a reason to drink this beer anyway.

1.98/5  rDev -13.2%

A bottle was left at the house so I thought I'd at least give it a try.

Pours a very clear pale yellow with quickly diminishing head. All I smell is adjunct, but even this went away with the head. Tastes sweet then skunked. Mouthfeel is watery and unpleasant to me.
Poured remainder down the drain.

I am not a beer snob. But I will say that for the first twenty years I lived in North Carolina and macro's were the only thing available, I did not drink any beer period. I drank wine, This is why.

Thankfully things have changed.

3.7/5  rDev +62.3%

Miller Lite got left at my house for a barbecue tomorrow... but I've seen the Man Law commercials, I think that when it enters my fridge it becomes my beer, right?

Served nice and chilly out of the fridge. Weak head retention, leaving a weak net of bubbles floating in the center. Clear, yellow, very bubbly... bubbles are good for the style.

Not a strong smell, mostly adjunct grains, especially corn. Slight kiss of hops. Does not worsen as it warms.

Taste is mild, pure smooth grains. Finish is watery but I caught some slightly bittering hops with a grassy taste. Very little taste but no off-notes at all... so many macro lights are watery-bad, this is watery-good.

Mouthfeel is crisp, light bodied and bubbly. Again, smooth finish with no off or skunky notes.

A solid example of an above-average light lager. Having consumed a lot of light lager (lots of variety and lots of consumption), I feel safe saying that this compares favorably to Bud Light and Coors Light, not to mention Keystone, Busch, etc. Considering that the style is designed to be low ABV, subdued "smooth" taste that is as inoffensive as possible, this one is right on. Don't hate the player, hate the game...

2.63/5  rDev +15.4%

what can you say it is what it is a light macro lager

A- hint of yellow in the glass and bubbly white head that disappates very quickly.

S- no real smell at all, but that is better than a bad smell
I guess

T- very light a hint of hops and some corn. This is why malt drinks are so popular these days.

M- over carbinated like a diet coke a watery

D- lets face it Beers like this have an exceptionally high drinkablity. A person can drink these all day with out a problem that is what makes these beers popular.

2.45/5  rDev +7.5%

Had a can of this left over from my brother's cooler that he took to this year's Indy 500, so I thought I'd review it...

The appearance is very pale, hardly any color.
The smell matches the appearance: very faint.Is there a hop in there?
The taste is somewhat better than the appearance and smell, it's not great but it's not bad either. No discernable aftertaste. Tastes very watery...
Mouthfeel is similar in rating to the taste. It does feel like a beer.
Drinkability is average, probably since it seems a bit watery...
It is refreshing after working on a hot day.

Overall it's not a poor beer, just so many better ones.
I'm just glad I didn't buy it.

2.03/5  rDev -11%

well what can you say its just another standard light domestic that is just a bit better than coors or bud. Just as most people that take the time to come to a beer site like this I am a snob when it comes to beer. Sometimes I drink miller lite in the .99 plastic bottles when I'm broke like right now. If I could find Yeungling in 16 oz bottles I would never drink miller lite again during low fund times. So yeah Miller is just what it is miller shite. Hebrew Lenny Bruce!!! Now thats a beer.

1.53/5  rDev -32.9%

I'm wondering if this is actually beer, it really tastes like water. Pours a pale yellow hinting it might be beer. No smell, no beer taste, just carbonated water. Mouthfeel the same. Overall it is quite refreshing on a hot day, but if you are expecting this to be a beer, you are wrong.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I grew up on this one, its my sesion beer, and my dad typicaly has a keg of it out in the garage. That being said this is the best of the lite or "light" macros. It flows like water because lets face it, it smells and taste much like water. For me it hits the spot on a hot day better then any craft brew, and i would recomend pairing it with mowing a lawn or something.

1.95/5  rDev -14.5%

unfortunately, i have had this one WAY too many times. when you're growing up in chicagoland, it is unavoidable. keggers as a teen, $10 buckets at shithole bars, girlfriends...i can never escape the presence of this beer. but hey, it won gold at the gabf!!! that must mean something, right? the only good thing i can say about this beer is that it's better than bud light or coors light. if you squint your eyes really hard and pray like pat robertson you can actually detect some vegetal hop aromas in it! super light, super fizzy, super tasteless...

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.