Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

View: Beers
Ratings: 4,642 |  Reviews: 1,217
2.5/5  rDev +14.2%

Had plenty of this over the years. It's my favorite from BMC, but that's not saying much.

A: Pale, straw yellow. Little to no head, little retention.

S: Skunked. Corn, cereals, malts, virtually no hops. Not appealing.

T: Better than the small. More malts and pilsner character than other brews of this type. Light and less watery than Bud and Coors.

M: Crisp, fresh, available anywhere. Not a bad mouthfeel, especially during the summer.

Not a good beer, but the best of the worst.

3.24/5  rDev +47.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I have LITERALLY drank a 1,000,000 of these in my Lifetime, give or take 100, obviously I DON'T hate fact, I have to admit, since I am NOT and NEVER will be a "Beer Snob", that I actually kind of LIKE the taste. But as my pallet has "MATURED" and as my Income has Grown...I have drifted away from this affordable and handy can of Lite Beer and moved on Bigger, Bolder and Better things... .Today I would rather enjoy a couple of Quality IPA's or Lagers because of the Kick/Higher ABV (because they don't FILL my bladder with water and make me have too Pee ALL night) AND for the taste. Having said that...I will NEVER EVER forget my First LOVE and on a HOT summer afternoon filled with sweat and yard work I will definitely still crank some AC/DC or on the Boom Box and enjoy "SEVERAL" of these cold, refreshing, CANS of Goodness :)

2.25/5  rDev +2.7%

2.1/5  rDev -4.1%

2.52/5  rDev +15.1%

1.75/5  rDev -20.1%

1.08/5  rDev -50.7%

4.76/5  rDev +117.4%

1.5/5  rDev -31.5%

3.15/5  rDev +43.8%

It's technically beer, and it's wet, and usually cheap. If you want a buzz without great flavor getting in the way, well, here you go. Of the cheapies though (or the kinds of beer my in-laws will drink) this is the least-bad choice.

1.44/5  rDev -34.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

I decided to get Miller Lite on tap at my local Tex Mex joint. Don't ask me why. I don't know why. I knew it wasn't going to be good. But I didn't feel like getting a Dos Equis and I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. It's on tap, so screw it. But I was the one who got screwed.

Now, first of all, I have no particular dislike of Miller or their products. I enjoy Miller High Life. It's one of the better AALs in my opinion. But Miller Lite... One could argue that all light beers are going to suck by nature. There's nothing substantial to them. Okay, I can agree with that. But Miller Lite might as well not exist at all, except maybe in some ephemeral alternate universe where taste buds don't exist. Harsh? Maybe. True? Most definitely.

The appearance of the beer is like looking at yellow urine after a long night of drinking. Ick. Aroma is nonexistent. Taste is nonexistent. Is this beer? No. It is most certainly not beer. Not in this universe anyway. Mouthfeel is like drinking a carbonated beverage. I might as well have had a Sierra Mist. I would have gotten more flavor that way.

Look, I understand the proclivity to drink light beers, especially as one gets older and, ahem, has a bit more of an issue with that pesky midsection. But for God's sake, try to get something that at least tastes like beer! In my opinion, Miller High Life is the better route. It's light enough to trick you into thinking you're cutting those calories down. Oh, forget it. Just get something that's beer!

2.6/5  rDev +18.7%

1.75/5  rDev -20.1%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.19 out of 5 with 4,642 ratings