Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller LiteMiller Lite

1.08/5  rDev -50.7%

4.76/5  rDev +117.4%

1.5/5  rDev -31.5%

3.15/5  rDev +43.8%

It's technically beer, and it's wet, and usually cheap. If you want a buzz without great flavor getting in the way, well, here you go. Of the cheapies though (or the kinds of beer my in-laws will drink) this is the least-bad choice.

1.44/5  rDev -34.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

I decided to get Miller Lite on tap at my local Tex Mex joint. Don't ask me why. I don't know why. I knew it wasn't going to be good. But I didn't feel like getting a Dos Equis and I thought, what the hell, I'll give it a shot. It's on tap, so screw it. But I was the one who got screwed.

Now, first of all, I have no particular dislike of Miller or their products. I enjoy Miller High Life. It's one of the better AALs in my opinion. But Miller Lite... One could argue that all light beers are going to suck by nature. There's nothing substantial to them. Okay, I can agree with that. But Miller Lite might as well not exist at all, except maybe in some ephemeral alternate universe where taste buds don't exist. Harsh? Maybe. True? Most definitely.

The appearance of the beer is like looking at yellow urine after a long night of drinking. Ick. Aroma is nonexistent. Taste is nonexistent. Is this beer? No. It is most certainly not beer. Not in this universe anyway. Mouthfeel is like drinking a carbonated beverage. I might as well have had a Sierra Mist. I would have gotten more flavor that way.

Look, I understand the proclivity to drink light beers, especially as one gets older and, ahem, has a bit more of an issue with that pesky midsection. But for God's sake, try to get something that at least tastes like beer! In my opinion, Miller High Life is the better route. It's light enough to trick you into thinking you're cutting those calories down. Oh, forget it. Just get something that's beer!

2.6/5  rDev +18.7%

1.32/5  rDev -39.7%

2.5/5  rDev +14.2%

2.25/5  rDev +2.7%

1.5/5  rDev -31.5%

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.19 out of 5 with 4,614 ratings