Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,162 | Ratings: 4,392
1.88/5  rDev -17.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

On pour this had a light golden color similar to most of the mass market light beers with a head that developed and disappeared very quickly. The beer had a grainy/sour smell which began to scare me. The taste finished that scare with little flavor besides water and a waxy crayon feel left in my mouth. It would be drinkable in quantity if one could choke down the the first 2 however it will take a better man than I to do that

2.88/5  rDev +26.3%

Ok, so yeah, Miller Lite. I must say it's my favorite beer if there is nothing else around. It's best quality is it's drink-ability. I could drink a ton of this. It's triple hopped and has a taste protector lid. But come on, this is the cheap stuff. The bottom line is you can get this anywhere and if you want a good beer with dinner at a place that only has that mass marketed stuff this is the one to go to.

A: Just like every other beer in this category, therefore I must rate it as average.

S: It smells a little bit sweeter than your bud lights but it's still not extremely pleasing. It doesn't smell nasty or anything but after having a chocolate stout and a Levitation it's not that great.

T: Fizzy water with a bit of malt and a bit of bitterness. I can't say I'm not impressed. It could be worse. I wouldn't say it's good either though.

M: It feels fine in my mouth. Although it is really fizzy almost to the point of stinging my tastebuds which lends itself to not a great feel if you hold it there for a minute. Best to just swallow this down.

D: Sure you can drink it! Probably a bunch of it. That's the point I guess. Maybe it's the conditioning with cheep beer I had but I have to rate this high on the drinkability chart because it is drinkable.

2.3/5  rDev +0.9%

A lot of beer snobs out there hate light beer and especially Miller Lite. It seems to be ground zero for the haters. I have made this beer my choice for years. It is highly drinkable and refreshing. You can go all day on this stuff. Have a couple of craft beers then switch to this brew and never leave the party. Maybe get lucky.

3.16/5  rDev +38.6%

Not a bad beer, not a good beer, but not a bad beer. Best of the big three in taste and drinkablility. It's a good session brew for the price, and one hell of a good fall back beer. Not a brew for a fine lobster meal, but it gets the job done after a hot days work.

4.12/5  rDev +80.7%

Pours a beautiful crystal clear yellow.

The aroma is kinda lagery and corny.

Tastes of water corn and rice with a touch of skunk.

Mouthfeel is quite nice. It's smooth light and crisp.

For what it is I think it's a great easy drinking beach beer.

basically this beer serves only one purpose, a beer we can drink to get drunk off of...not to drink for taste but only for the effects
Any light beer is not drank for the taste

I would not consider this an awful beer but like my rating shows im not impressed.

Had they put a "how much carbonation can we put into a beer" tab i would have put a 5 because what this beer lacks in ever other aspect it makes up for in carbonation. which is not a good thing

2.4/5  rDev +5.3%

I'm pretty lineant when it comes to beer. If some one was to offer me a free beer and it was Miller Lite I would not except it. This is amazing if you know me because I love free drinks. This beer is incredibly weak and whack. It's below that of Coors Light. Whenever I see some one order a Miller Lite and immediatly judge that person as weak. No offense. There is practically no flavor and would not at any time buy this beer.

2.77/5  rDev +21.5%

Serving- 12 oz vortex bottle

Appearance: Very light and pale yellow in color with a small amount of carbonation.

Smell: Very clean cut, some floral tones with a hint of wheat.

Taste and Feel: Light grain flavor, with hints of grain husk and sweetness. The carbonation mixes with a slight steely flavor, to produce some sharpness and mouth appeal. The hops come across lemony, with the slightest of tea-like characteristics. Finishes mostly clean with a metallic residual flavor in the back of the mouth and tongue.

1.68/5  rDev -26.3%

A friend left a couple of bottles in my fridge, so what the hell. The bottle actually says "355 mL" -- they don't export this crap, do they?

Pours a dehydrated piss yellow with a fluffy white head that quickly fades to white patchiness in the center of my glass. Poured into an Arrogant Bastard shaker to try to scare it into tasting like something.

Smells like water. Honestly, I smell nothing.

Has some taste though. By some, I mean hardly any. If you soaked some corn in some vodka and boiled off most of the alcohol, I think you'd be pretty close to this recipe. I used to think that this stuff tasted terrible when I drank it in high school; now I don't think it tastes like much of anything, good or overly bad.

Mouthfeel? Ha, sure. Nope.

Unfortunately, there's one more of these in my fridge. Hopefully someone will come over soon and discard it for me. Probably tastes good if poured into a funnel.

I have fond memories of trying this in high school, proclaiming, "I hate beer," and promptly swilling a liter or so of Jim Beam. Ah, how I've grown.

2.16/5  rDev -5.3%

12 oz bottle poured into pint glass

A: Yellow, very little head.

S: Smells of corn and just reminds me of wet dirt. Maybe some hops.

T: Just as the smell the major taste here is corny.

M: Light, crisp, carbonated. Somehow it seems to cling to my tongue a bit afterwards.

D: Definitely easy to drink, but it's more enjoyable to drink it quickly in order to be refreshed rather sip it to savor the taste.

A good choice only when your options are very limited like at a ball game or a bad party and you definitely want a beer.

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%

A light beer with an average tase. I had this in a bottle and, at the time, was very refreshing. There is nothing bad about this beer, it just gets old very quickly. Compare this to Busch Light but with more flavor and less drinkability. Better than most light beers.

Cheers!

2.83/5  rDev +24.1%

Im using almost the same reviews for American style light lagers

not gonna bother with serving type,
Im not the type to bash beers, for a company so successful, they can be given at least a respectable unbiased review, true beer drinkers are quick to bash american light lagers, but some are good for certain times, i cant sit at a game and throw back IPAs, or bourbon aged beers, but a light lager with a hot dog and peanuts on a hot day isnt so bad. Im a big beer pong fan, wont play with a $20 bottle of brooklyn black ops, now a review

Very pale yellow, white foamy head that can fade quick, light body mostly cause of using sugar and rice to keep the ABV up, the only way i can descibe the aroma is "beer" hops are faint just to make it enough to call it beer, Miller is among the best for this style of beer, its my "go to" when i go somewhere and dont wanna ask or think of a beer to drink, my dart game beer

2.67/5  rDev +17.1%

Pouted from a 12oz. can into a pint glass.

This is a review based on what this beer is, a standard light adjunct macro beer. This review does not reflect how this beer compares to craft brews.

A: Light yellow, very pale, very clear and transparent. Inch or so of solid white head fizzes up like soda and disappears almost immediately, leaving a small trace of lacing. There's nothing really attractive about it.

S: Smells like a beer. Boiled corn and maybe a note of hops, soured/fermented vegetable aroma.

T: Tastes almost the same as the other macro light adjuncts (Bud Light, Coors Light) - this one is a little stronger on the nasty fermented corn flavor than the others. Some people consider this a plus, I don't.

M: Soda. Feels like carbonated water. Not much else to say.

O: It is, as I and others have already stated, this is pretty much your average macro light beer. In all honesty, if given the choice, I'd probably take this over Bud Light, but I'd probably take a Coors Light before this one, not that there's much difference at all between them, but that's all subjective.

3.7/5  rDev +62.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Poured from 24 oz can into shaker pint, pours the standard light clear yellow that you'd expect, but with a decently nice head that doesn't die super fast.
Smelled of light grain and steel, but not bad.
Tasted of light toasted grain and some nice toasty malt on the back end. Very pleasant.
Mouthful is not fizzy and nasty like you'd think, It's actually medium bodied and feels like a good beer.
Overall, my new favorite of the 3 big light macro lagers.

1.73/5  rDev -24.1%

A&S: Pours golden, very clear and with about two fingers worth of head with pretty good retention. Smells like corn.

T&M: Zero taste as it hits the tongue. Flavor comes on later, tastes like barely anything and not much else with a kind of gross aftertaste. Mouthfeel is like bubbly water.

D: I think the drinkability they advertise refers to the fact that you have to drink it quickly to avoid the bad taste. Also, as it warms the taste gets worse and worse until it tastes sort of like vomit. Only reason I'm drinking this one because I'm all out of my tasty IPAs and these are left over from when I had friends over ages ago.

2.61/5  rDev +14.5%

My first beer. Golden color good carbonation and refreshing taste. Problem is there isn't much difference between it and the other Major light beers. Over time you begin to notice that it hasn't any depth of flavor. Oh well, its not expensive.

1.6/5  rDev -29.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Well. This is a vapid, barely concealed mockery of beerdom. It's nothing. I couldn't take the ratings even down to 1 because it lacks enough personality to be awful. Barely any aroma, only the slightest hint of color and the taste is so watered down so as to make the carbonation dominate any possible flavor.

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

An ok light beer, way overrated in my opinion.

A: A light yellow with a quickly fading heading, very unimpressive.

S: Average hop smell, nothing special, smells of cheap malts.

T: Very watery, average hop pressence, and a slight grainy taste.

M: Decent mouthfeel, not too bubbly, hey I mean it's Miller Light.

D: Decent drinkability, goes down smooth but a little acidy.

Pretty good for a light beer, nothing special, nothing too terrible. Ta Ta.

3.82/5  rDev +67.5%

Miller lite... ahh my first "true" love (whatever that is). I must say this is my favorite beer in this range primarily because it actually has a beer flavor rather than a water/piss flavor. The appearance is by far the best of this range, slightly darker yellow than most domestic light beers. Little lace is left behind by this beer but enough to satisfy a moderately undiscriminating beer drinker, or at least someone who keeps in mind the quality of this beer. The taste is slightly bitter with some sweet overtones. I actually like the aftertaste but it fades quickly. the mouthfeel is thin, but that is to be expected from a light beer. You can drink this beer all night if you can handle it because it does go down nicely and continues to taste good. If you drink another domestic light beer try this out, you may be suprised, if you don't drink domestic light beer, you rock.

Miller is decent for a macro light. Bought one the other day. Miller is good. Better than bud light as far as taste. Compared to other macro light lagers this is a good one. More flavor. Ice cold it's a refreshing beer. I rate beers in this category against others in its class. Against Bud and Coors, this one is probably the best. And this is coming from a guy that is primarily a coors drinker. I don't know why i drink it more than miller really. Miller really is better.

1.25/5  rDev -45.2%

I am sorry. I just can't do this. I can't drink this beer.

Even thought it pours a clear light corn color with a fairly decent head, I just think it smells and tastes skunky and wrong.

For a macro, this has to be the most offensive to me. There is a slight corn flavor with little to no hops and it leaves a rather unpleasant aftertaste.

This beer is just not drinkable. Sad to say, I would rather just drink water.

2.24/5  rDev -1.8%

very pale..a tinge of golden color, quick head...bubbles galore

smell is half appetizing malt half corn chip half frathouse

to be honest the front tastes just fine.. slim and malty without enough flavor but not bad... afterwards there is metallic, corny, husky and a mild teabag finish

goes down like tanya gibbons in the 7th grade... easily but a little rough around the edges... a little dry and bubbly

the term pissypants comes to mind.. and ooo i can feel my waist slimming as i sip!

if you could press it into a crunchy triangle shape this would make an amazing accompaniment to some chunky salsa, melted nacho cheese and homemade guacamole

4.55/5  rDev +99.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a football textured 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- A nice clear yellow color. Lots of bubbles streaming up. A finger of head that dissipates into a thin frothy ring. Leaves a good amount of lacing.

S- Very faint corn smell. Maybe a tiny hops. Water. Not offensive

T- Fresh clean watery taste. Water, Corn, Hops, slight metallic taste. Not much malts. Not offensive. A nice light grassy aftertaste.

M- Highly carbonated. Crisp. The bubbles tickle the mouth. Refreshing.

Drinkability- Very smooth and goes down easy. Awesome drinkability.

O- Overall, I think this is an awesomely refreshing light beer for a hot day.
It really quenches the thirst without any bad off tastes. Way better than most other light beers.

1.93/5  rDev -15.4%

A lot can be said for the conditions when drinking a beer. I only remotely enjoy an ice cold Miller Lite after some yard work on a blistering hot day or when I am dehydrated. It is almost like water but with way too much carbonation. Little smell and taste. I recommend. To Avoid this beer if at all possible.

Compared to Bud and Coors, this stuff is just aweful and I don't know how it manages to sell. It goes for the same price as the above mentioned beers but tastes like urine. I would honestly settle for a Keystone or Natty before allowing this stuff to enter my body.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.