Miller Lite | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-03-1999

Reviews: 1,189 | Ratings: 4,483
1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

A: Clear straw color, medium carbonation visible, no head that sticks around. See through beer that doesn't have an impressive appearance at all.

S: Hardly any. Do not pick up on any hop scent, maybe a little bit of malt, but that's it. Smells like off-smelling water.

T: Very light body, no alcohol, hop, or noticeable taste.

M: Refreshing, but again so is water. It doesn't stimulate the mouth at all, very light body could let one mass consume these without noticing it.

O: Bad beer. Only drink if you're mowing the lawn on a hot day and have nothing else around but water. No noticeable, distinguishing qualities; far from the triple-hops brewed slogan for taste.

3.63/5  rDev +59.2%

Had this on numerous occasions. this is my father's go-to beer because of how cheap it is. most people speak ill of this beer, but for what it is, its pretty darn good.

A - typical pale yellowness, nothing special

S - sweet and malty, corn, pretty much nothing offensive

T - sweet and refreshing, much better than the other american lagers, in fact out of all of the cheap american lagers, i would say this is the best or one of the best. it always hits the spot, tastes just a little bit cleaner than bud light, and it has more substance than coors light, the taste is mostly sweet, and a slight sharpness at the end from a little bit of hops...which is more that what most american lagers can say.

M - clean and crisp, very carbonated which works well for the taste, light bodied.

O - can't go wrong with this for the price, a true american beer.

2.2/5  rDev -3.5%

Had on tap where it was the only beer available.

Appearance -- Clear yellow. Visible carbonation. Some creamy white head when first poured into a plastic cup, but it quickly disappears.

Smell -- Very faint alkaline scent. Nothing much else.

Taste -- Like water. Very light with little taste. Faint and a little grainy.

Mouthfeel -- Light although the carbonation was pleasant.

Drinkability -- I won't seek this one out again, but it's a fact I'll encounter it again living in Milwaukee. Given the choice, I'll drink soda over Miller Lite.

2.58/5  rDev +13.2%

Got this on draft at a family owned mexican restaurant. One finger head and your typical light golden hue.

Aroma was light and grassy.

Taste was a wee bit of malt with virtually no hop flavor at all. It's a little better than some of the other brands of lite beers but not by much.

Mouthfeel was watery and typical for your mass produced american lite beer.

Nothing to write home about here, it is what it is. An easy to drink beer when it's cold but only a little flavor.

3.9/5  rDev +71.1%

This is the one that never leaves my fridge. I know it's not the creme de la creme of beers, but for an American style light/lite brew...it's what I consider the best. I do think it has more flavor than most light beers...not near as wattery. It's on my list as a great drinkable beer. I have other beers higher on my list...imports and micro brews, but again... it never leaves my fridge. Pretty darn good beer in my humble opinion.

2.33/5  rDev +2.2%

On tap, in bottle, what's the difference?
A: Light pale yellow, very little head, dissipates immediately. Looks a bit like carbonated urine.
S: Processed chemicals, bit of flowers and grains.
T: Some grain and hops if you search for it. Bit metallic
M: carbonated, metally, but still smooth.
D: You could drink a dozen and not realize it. It's light beer for a reason I guess.

3.6/5  rDev +57.9%

Color, appearance, smell is fine. Taste is nasty..just do not like it...except when it is extremely cold to the point of almost freezing....Have had it in bottle, can, etc and still the same nasty taste unless freezing.

3.62/5  rDev +58.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I just popped the top on a Miller Lite to really look at this beer. Beer actually has a nice smell considering it is a light beer, hops, grass, corn are mostly present but not offensive at all. Taste is just as expected for a light beer, mostly grain, grass, corn, but not overpowering at all and has an overall light feel to it. Overall a very mellow consistent taste, carbonation is good, and has a clean finish with little aftertaste. Very good beer to quench your thirst after outdoor work in the summertime, or to eat a meal with since the light body does well with many different types of entrees. When I drink light beer, this is my choice.

2.8/5  rDev +22.8%

poured from a 40 oz bottle into a glass

A- well uh, it was yellow. very yellow. looked like carbonated urine. the head was white, for about 10 seconds and then disappeared.

S- smelled like corn and metal, so far so bad.

T- surprising, actually. this isn't as bad as i would have thought it would be. okay it was very thin and not very flavorful, but then again i wasn't expecting it to be. so in that regard it beat my expectations. i cant describe the taste but there was no taste!

M- ultra thin and smooth. kind of like water.

D- this beer is very easy to drink. almost too easy, if you get my drift. this is a beer of last resort for me. if i'm totally unhappy with the selection a bar has, i may order one but that's the only scenario in which i see myself drinking this again.

3.13/5  rDev +37.3%

I'm reviewing this per-style, per se, so my ranking is considering that this is a light macro. Poured from can (from convenient fridgepack!) into a pilsner glass. It's a very light straw, which is to be expected. I suppose this is actually ideal for the style. Hardly any discernable smell at all. Taste is where this beer excels as far as light beers, with less watered down taste than most others. (Somehow it also has a few less calories too.) Mouthfeel is like water, but that's par for the style. Drinkability is excellent, and in fact this is probably an official Beer Pong Beer.

However, I lowered my taste score as I neared the bottom of the glass, because as it warms the beer exhibits a undesirable creamed corn aftertaste. Drink this one ice cold.

3.58/5  rDev +57%

A - Mediocre head, light yellow color. Highly carbonated.

S - Corn, bread. Very subdued.

T - Corn, bread, and grain.

M - Undeniably light.

D - Very good. Another great example of an easy to drink American brew.

Miller Lite is not a craft beer. Therefore, judging it by similar standards not only displays inherent bias towards particular styles- it's undeniably moronic. To think that this classic American beer occupies the bottom of the list...

2.37/5  rDev +3.9%

This is a light beer and a an american macro, so what do you expect other than watered down piss water?

A = in a can, so no clue

S = typical macro smell

T = not much of one other than a slight hops flavor and a skunkiness. there's something about the taste that all macros have and I'm not sure if it's the preservatives or what...I can't put a finger on it.

M = watery

D = I guess you could drink a bunch of these, but why? they're $10 a 12pk and at that price I'd rather spend less money ($6 per 12pk) and get something better like pbr.

2.81/5  rDev +23.2%

Good ole Miller Lite-a staple of life down here in South Texas. I will review this to style.

A: Very light yellow gold poured into my frosted mug from a pitcher. Not bad, but not impressive either.

S: What smell? I cant discern anything.

T: Miller lite is very uncomplex as far as taste. Light grains, alcohol, and maybe a hint of a hop? Taste is very light and watery, which is spot on for the style.

M: Very thin, just like a mouthfull of water.

D: Very good! Miller lite doesnt taste bad, and its very refreshing on a hot day (which is almost every day here in South Texas).

I rather enjoy this one too because its not overly expensive.

Prost!

2.38/5  rDev +4.4%

Appearance: Poured a deep yellow with some to no head.

Smell: Like every other macro lager.

Taste: Maybe one of the better BMC taste. I got some skunk? as a finish

Drinkability: Pretty good. This is a good beer to drink when you just want something average.

Overall I might pick this up in the future to enjoy after working in the sun. Nothing special about this beer though.

1.88/5  rDev -17.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

On pour this had a light golden color similar to most of the mass market light beers with a head that developed and disappeared very quickly. The beer had a grainy/sour smell which began to scare me. The taste finished that scare with little flavor besides water and a waxy crayon feel left in my mouth. It would be drinkable in quantity if one could choke down the the first 2 however it will take a better man than I to do that

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Why do we even do this to ourselves? This is what we are rising up against. But this is the optimal light american lager: meant to be conumed in great amounts while building a tree house, watching a baseball game or playing a softball game. It's good for what it is, but what it is is not good. It's like a bad handjob: ypu gotta appreciate what happening, but ti's pretty awful and you just want it over with. Better than Bud light.

2.92/5  rDev +28.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 2.75

Look - Poured from a can, clear yellow, thin ring of lacing, visible carbonation.

Smell - Corn, faint oatmeal, not much else

Taste - Corn grits, grainy body, very mild

Feel - Thin body, crisp, lots of carbonation.

Overall - Above average for a light beer, I wouldn't turn one down on a hot day.

2.88/5  rDev +26.3%

Ok, so yeah, Miller Lite. I must say it's my favorite beer if there is nothing else around. It's best quality is it's drink-ability. I could drink a ton of this. It's triple hopped and has a taste protector lid. But come on, this is the cheap stuff. The bottom line is you can get this anywhere and if you want a good beer with dinner at a place that only has that mass marketed stuff this is the one to go to.

A: Just like every other beer in this category, therefore I must rate it as average.

S: It smells a little bit sweeter than your bud lights but it's still not extremely pleasing. It doesn't smell nasty or anything but after having a chocolate stout and a Levitation it's not that great.

T: Fizzy water with a bit of malt and a bit of bitterness. I can't say I'm not impressed. It could be worse. I wouldn't say it's good either though.

M: It feels fine in my mouth. Although it is really fizzy almost to the point of stinging my tastebuds which lends itself to not a great feel if you hold it there for a minute. Best to just swallow this down.

D: Sure you can drink it! Probably a bunch of it. That's the point I guess. Maybe it's the conditioning with cheep beer I had but I have to rate this high on the drinkability chart because it is drinkable.

2.3/5  rDev +0.9%

A lot of beer snobs out there hate light beer and especially Miller Lite. It seems to be ground zero for the haters. I have made this beer my choice for years. It is highly drinkable and refreshing. You can go all day on this stuff. Have a couple of craft beers then switch to this brew and never leave the party. Maybe get lucky.

3.16/5  rDev +38.6%

Not a bad beer, not a good beer, but not a bad beer. Best of the big three in taste and drinkablility. It's a good session brew for the price, and one hell of a good fall back beer. Not a brew for a fine lobster meal, but it gets the job done after a hot days work.

basically this beer serves only one purpose, a beer we can drink to get drunk off of...not to drink for taste but only for the effects
Any light beer is not drank for the taste

I would not consider this an awful beer but like my rating shows im not impressed.

Had they put a "how much carbonation can we put into a beer" tab i would have put a 5 because what this beer lacks in ever other aspect it makes up for in carbonation. which is not a good thing

2.4/5  rDev +5.3%

I'm pretty lineant when it comes to beer. If some one was to offer me a free beer and it was Miller Lite I would not except it. This is amazing if you know me because I love free drinks. This beer is incredibly weak and whack. It's below that of Coors Light. Whenever I see some one order a Miller Lite and immediatly judge that person as weak. No offense. There is practically no flavor and would not at any time buy this beer.

2.77/5  rDev +21.5%

Serving- 12 oz vortex bottle

Appearance: Very light and pale yellow in color with a small amount of carbonation.

Smell: Very clean cut, some floral tones with a hint of wheat.

Taste and Feel: Light grain flavor, with hints of grain husk and sweetness. The carbonation mixes with a slight steely flavor, to produce some sharpness and mouth appeal. The hops come across lemony, with the slightest of tea-like characteristics. Finishes mostly clean with a metallic residual flavor in the back of the mouth and tongue.

My favorite lite beer, I like my Dogfishead 60 and 90 IPAs. I like Sam Adams Lager. But this beer will get the job done (buzz) and tastes ok and won't fill me up on a night out where I plan on drinking many beers...

2.61/5  rDev +14.5%

My first beer. Golden color good carbonation and refreshing taste. Problem is there isn't much difference between it and the other Major light beers. Over time you begin to notice that it hasn't any depth of flavor. Oh well, its not expensive.

Miller Lite from Miller Brewing Co.