Olde English 800 | Miller Brewing Co.

Olde English 800Olde English 800
Liked This Beer
2.06 w/ 1,043 ratings
Olde English 800Olde English 800

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

There are two variants, a 5.9% ABV and a 7.5% ABV version.

Olde English 800 is one of America's leading malt liquor brands. Commonly referred to as "OE800," it offers smooth, rich taste with a slightly fruity aroma that is a favorite among malt liquor drinkers. OE wears the crown because it is the King of Malt Liquors.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-11-2002

Liked:
2.06/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,043 |  Reviews: 313

1.85/5  rDev -10.2%

1.06/5  rDev -48.5%

I have a great marriage ,I love my wife, but if I didn't I would drink this to be able to die sooner

1.84/5  rDev -10.7%

2.35/5  rDev +14.1%

Poured from 24oz can into a pint glass. Olde E -- the drink of distinction! I'll confess the last time I had Olde E was more than 10 years ago and I was probably underage at the time. Clearly, it made an impression on me back then.

Appearance: medium gold with no haze and a moderate effervescence, just like a lot of these malt liquors. Head poured a finger of fizzy white foam but, I'm amazed to say, it didn't dissipate instantly. Head stuck around at least twice as long as other malt liquors (so, you know, 30 seconds).

Smell: sweet malt aroma but not as plasticy as some; it's both lower in intensity and a little bit deeper than a lot of malt liquors. Not awful for the style.

Taste: sweetish malt, again with a certain deepness. I can't say that I'm a fan, exactly, but this is not terrible as malt liquors go.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a light fizzy carbonation. Nothing to speak of here.

Overall: I'm hardly a malt liquor connoisseur, but for sub-$2 24oz cans of anything beer-like, you might have a hard time beating Olde E.

2.16/5  rDev +4.9%

1.75/5  rDev -15%

1.28/5  rDev -37.9%

1.76/5  rDev -14.6%

3.2/5  rDev +55.3%

Olde English 800 from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.8% out of 100 with 1,043 ratings