Miller Chill | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill
1.94/5
Miller ChillMiller Chill

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: Light Lager

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.

Added by Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

2.75/5  rDev +41.8%

3.18/5  rDev +63.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

355 mL bottle picked up at The Beer Store, and served well-chilled. I bought this mostly for the cap, and because it was on sale - the fact that I now get the chance to tick it is just a bonus.

Pours a pale, translucent straw-yellow colour, capped with just over one finger's worth of sparkling white froth. Retention is decent for a light beer, in that the head manages to hang around for more than a few minutes, instead of instantaneously fizzling away. There's even a small amount of lace and thin collar - for a light beer, this actually looks quite appealing. The aroma is another story - obviously lime is the most prominent feature, though it is unfortunately rather artificial in nature. Beyond that, I am challenged to come up with any further descriptors... a little corny and sweet, I suppose.

Nothing interesting to report flavour-wise. Tart lemon-lime acidity is immediately noticeable, with a mild, underlying cereal grain sweetness. Both flavours fade quickly into the clean aftertaste, with the lime flavour lingering slightly longer. This is a thin-bodied, relatively watery beer with aggressive carbonation that assaults the palate, while providing the sort of light, crisp mouthfeel that light beers require. Probably the best lime beer I've had, but to be fair you can probably count those on one hand.

Final Grade: 3.18, a C+. Miller Chill is fine for what it is - a mass-produced, lime-flavoured light lager. This style of beer has never been my bag, but I am willing to grant that this is a surprisingly tolerable example, and I will have no trouble finishing the other 5 bottles. I like this more than Bud Light Lime, although to be fair I haven't actually had any of that stuff in at least 3 years. I doubt I'll buy this again, but I'd have no problem drinking one if offered, and anyone in the market for a tolerable light beer should give this one a look.

1.2/5  rDev -38.1%

1.8/5  rDev -7.2%

1.25/5  rDev -35.6%

2.25/5  rDev +16%

1.5/5  rDev -22.7%

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.