Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Miller Chill | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill
1.94/5
Awful
Miller ChillMiller Chill

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: Light Lager

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.

Added by Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

1.28/5  rDev -34%

Had a bottle at a friend's BBQ over the summer. I figured it was worth a try, as it was free. I was wrong... you'd have to pay me to drink this stuff again.

I'm not sure what they were thinking... it's like they saw people putting lime into their coronas and thought that they should just go ahead and make a Miller, with the lime already in it! But then I guess they got coronas confused with margaritas and decided it needed a little salt infusion as well.

At least it looks like it could be a decent light beer, but looks can be deceiving, as I think this is what a Sprite would taste like if you mixed the flavored syrup with saltwater.

Never again.

2.78/5  rDev +43.3%

Please step out of your your normal preferred beer preference and join me to review this beer from the American adjunct lager style perspective as BA recomends...

Maybe this should be a fruit beer style?

Poured into a tulip style glass from a can.

ABV 4.10, 110 calories

A-3.0 - nice head for a macro, faded quickly, golden light color

S-3.0 weird for a adjunct style, I do sense the lime and salt, gives a sense of a margarita for sure

T-3.0 Light and refreshing it's fruity American macro, maybe in the worng style?

M-2.0 watery, slightly grainy, maybe from salt? hint of salty texture???

D- 3.0- I bought this for 5.99 a 12 pack, its the right price for a late summer session oddball beer. it's not a regular session beer, but I would buy it for a party or for others to try and drink - its cheap and interesting to try once if this review sounds interesting, but not my style for sure....

3.77/5  rDev +94.3%

Tastes like beer, but has a fair salt & lime flavor, which gives it more of a margarita feel than a beer. no bitterness, just a slight sweet, with lime and salt, good and refreshing.

Its on sale in the late summer, early fall likely because the sales hasn't been done well, but that's good, since its cheap, i can buy a fair volume.

A box of lime threw up in a bottle.

That is how i feel about this creation.

Smells like lime alcohol and tastes like flavored water with a hit of lemon/lime.

Feels almost dirty and gritty in the mouth.

Couldn't finish donated the rest to the nats flying around the table. Even the miller girls couldn't inspire me to drink it.

1.36/5  rDev -29.9%

12 oz. bottle. Pours light yellow with little, to no head. Smells like dough, sweat, solvent, puke, and a splash of lime. The smell alone should have been a deterrent. Probably better not to pour out of bottle and sniff. Initial flavor was sweet with a salty finish and lime throughout. Light on the palate.

Small capped bottle poured into a pint.

Very light, almost translucent yellow beer, with a thin white head that dissipates in one minute or faster.
Aroma is lightly lemony, but otherwise non-descript.
Taste is very close to a Corona with a lime; light, easy to take a few but overall near tasteless except for the lemony notes.

2.69/5  rDev +38.7%

A - The pour is very clear into a head standing about 3/4 of an inch tall. The body is a pale tan and looks refreshing. For a light beer the head is actually maintaining okay.

S - It has a faint scent consisting only of grain.

T - The taste is consistent with other light beers but a hint of lime is added. The lime flavor is extremely subtle, which is a good thing because I would not be happy if this beer were lime flavored.

M - The feel is coarse and cold. Nothing impressive here.

~ For a light brew I have to admit this Miller product isn't bad. I don't think I'd ever order one for myself while patronizing a local watering home but I wouldn't turn one down at a backyard barbecue.

1.41/5  rDev -27.3%

Bought a 6-pack of this odd creation just out of curiosity, and I'm down "one life" (not a very high life either) for my troubles.

a - thin body, neglible head and a weak straw color

s - like a bad wiff of salty ocean air, the kind that occurs near a not-so-clean beach on a hot day

t - a smidge better than the smell, but not much

m - light and slightly effervescent

d - still have the other 5

In short, I was hoping to find a lighter beer that would go reasonably well with chips n salsa, but alas this strange brew is just not very good with anything.

1.4/5  rDev -27.8%

Girlfriends friend drinks this..all she had at her house, couldn't get anything else so I figured what the hey.

Poured a weird yellow-green with a bit of bubbly head.

Smells of corn, malt, and phoney lime.

Taste is the same. Tastes of sour corn, fake lime, and a salty finish.

Mouthfeel is flat and heavy, not very easy to force down.

I can't and wont drink this again.

2.4/5  rDev +23.7%

Wow, this stuff is not very good. I figured I'd give it a try, kind of like wanting to watch a train wreck. Tastes pretty artificial. Easy to pound on a hot summer day but that's about it. Color is kind of yellow with a green tint. Artificial color to go with the artificial lime.

2.35/5  rDev +21.1%

Mildly better than it's Bud rival, but still pretty poor beer. Thank God I didn't pay for either of them.

More artificial tasting lime trying to spice up boring beer. It's just not working. Like the Bud Lime, it's only upside is that it's easy to drink on a hot day. But make sure the beer stays damn cold, or just pound it quickly. It becomes undrinkable when it warms.

3.2/5  rDev +64.9%

Out of sheer curiosity did I want to try this.

A- Very clear and pale yellow. There is lots of activity in the glass itself.

S- There isn't much smell, but part of me could smell a slight hint of fruit, it was almost sweet smelling.

T- This tastes like beer mixed with sprite. It is almost wit beer like in taste. Its a unique and strange taste.

M- Feels like beer in your mouth.

D- Easy to drink, not too bad actually.

2.01/5  rDev +3.6%

Pours a very pale yellow colour with a thick head that slowly diminishes.

Smells like a bad macro beer with a hint of lime.

Tastes basically like lime flavoured water, this barely even tasted like beer.

I guess this is good for a hot summer day but I would rather have lime koolaid.

1.61/5  rDev -17%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Poured a pale straw yellow with a decent white head that dissipated quickly. The aroma was a lime, citruis scent with a touch of cereal grains. The taste was like a lot of citruis and cereal. It was very sweet and overpowered any type of taste of beer. I felt like I was drinking a soda pop more than beer. Very watery with not much texture. I was disappointed, hoping to get a beer that would be satisfying on a hot day and did not get it.

2.58/5  rDev +33%

Okay well, I really don't think this is much of a beer, but I give it originality and a good marketing campaign. This really is more of a Summer treat, I doubt to much is sold during the Winter months. I just like to have this on rare occasion when the weather is really hot, but for the most part I prefer a good APA in that situation. I still recommend trying at least one.

2.21/5  rDev +13.9%

OK here goes!

A: Pale golden with with white bubbly head. Lots of rising carbonation. Bubbles settle quickly.

S: Sharp chemical odor of lime. Faint smell of pale malt roasted but not burnt. That is the only hint in the aroma that this may be a beer of sorts. No hop aroma to be found by my nose.

T: Some light roasted malt flavor and adjuncts with a somewhat balanced amount of lime flavor. Reminiscent of a Mikes Hard Lemonade of sorts. No hops.

M: Light body and somewhat watery with decent carbonation.

D: Not going to be served at any of my gatherings. Only trying this one on curiosity and did not buy it and don't recommend spending money on this stuff.

3.33/5  rDev +71.6%

Poured from a 12 oz bottle into pint glass. Tasted this as part of a side by side comparison with Bud Light Lime just for fun.

A - Pale yellow, perfectly clear. Half inch of head settles quickly to a film that persists, somewhat.

S - A vague beer aroma with what I assume to be the lime flavoring, but it doesn't smell much like lime. Instead, the whole package comes together to produce this strange apple-like aroma.

T - Average thin corn-like flavor with the expected lime and a bit of saltiness. Almost a vegetal, cucumber like quality to this brew.

M - Highly carbonated and extremely prickly. While light bodied, this brew managed to keep itself out of the realm of watery.

D - To my surprise, this was actually a nice, crisp, thirst quenching brew. I'm not above having it again.

Quite superior to it's counterpart Bud Light Lime, especially in flavor and mouthfeel.

3.02/5  rDev +55.7%

Consumed from the 12 oz bottle (classy I know)

First of all, you need to rank this beer for what it really is. It's a mass produced beer to quench the thirst of BBQers on a hot day. If you look too much into it, you will miss its true value.

Appearance: thin, water-like, pale yellow, no head and fairly bubbly

Smell: limes and bad miller beer

Taste/Mouthfeel: lime, sea salt, citrus, very refreshing.

Like I said, you can't compare this with the great pilsners of Europe but it does work well with spicy Mexican food.

1.76/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Why not? Pours a very clear, haystack color with lots of carbonation and minimal head. Smells of light grains and citrus lime. Taste is very watery, light grains, lime, slightly salty, just strange. Not really up my alley. Id rather have a Miller Lite to be honest. Mouthfeel is very thin, and lots of carbonation like a Coca Cola or the like. Strange aftertaste.

3.38/5  rDev +74.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Crystal clear, pale golden color. First beer I think I have ever seen that actually reminds me of urine-REALLY! Sizeable head. Low aroma-faint hint of lime but nothing really there. Moderate "snap" of flavor. Somewhat cirtusy tasting with a hint of saltiness. Ok body for style-not overly watery but not much more. This is ok for the most part. I cant trash it as it isnt all that bad IMHO. Does an ok job for what it is trying to be. I could throw a few down on a hot summers day though certainly not my first choice.

3.3/5  rDev +70.1%

A - Pours a transparent, golden apple juice color with a two-fingered, fluffy white head. Good lacing and a lot of carbonation.

S - Aside from the lime, and maybe some malt, I couldn't really smell anything else.

T - Limey and starchy/corny. Personally, I'm a fan of Miller as a cheap party beer, and I used to actually put limes in my Miller Lites. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon Miller Chill, with lime already built in. The lime flavor really is prominent, and for me that's a plus (I'm a fan of beers with citrusy/fruity flavoring, such as Blue Moon or Southampton Double White Ale), and that's the reason as to why I find this beer so tasty. There really aren't that many other flavors that poke through, but I don't mind.

M - Light, almost watery.

D - As I mentioned above, I really enjoy this beer as a party beer. I could spend a whole night drinking this stuff because of its lightness and fruitiness. Though overall, it doesn't get a very high mark from me, I love this beer because it quenches my thirst, is very very refreshing, and does its job at parties and on hot summer days.

1.65/5  rDev -14.9%

Drank this "beer" straight from the bottle. My friend brought some over one night so I had a few. It looks similar to the way it came out my body thirty minutes later. My first sip surprised me. I expected beer with a hint of lime, but I got lime with a hint of beer. Since this is a light beer, I figured "hey, at least i can get drunk off of it." Nope. The lime flavor got the best of me, and I had to stop drinking it.
I should probably wear skirt if I ever try this again. Let's hope that never happens.

2.77/5  rDev +42.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

The beer pours a very pale yellow color with a thick frothy white head that slowly fades to lacing. The aroma is decent. It has a faint pilsner malt scent along with the essence of lime and salt; kind of refreshing. The taste is average at best. It has a lime flavor that almost resembles Zima or some other malternative. It's refreshing, but it holds little resemblence to beer. The mouthfeel isn't that good as well. It's a low bodied beer with loads of carbonation. This beer doesn't deserve the hype. It's watery beer with lime essence; big deal.

1.52/5  rDev -21.6%

Believe it or not, I had this for the first time last night during Game 3 of the Celtics/Lakers Finals and man did this stuff fall lower than my lowest expectations.

The appearance is nothing short of lousy. It's a bland yellow at best with barely any, if not existent head. The smell was quite a bit overpowering with lime and salt. It drank more like a flattened Sprite than a regular beer at times. Chill definitely has too much lime in it, which leads to the taste...

The taste is overpowering, but not in a great way. Cutting through the lime flavor to get to the lager taste is simply not worth the trouble. It's just a glorified Miller Lite with too much salt and lime in it...and it's expensive too!

I wasn't impressed with the mouthfeeling at all, definitely a drink-n-chug type of beer with no thought given to the taste at all. This stuff just doesn't fly.

Drinkability is nonexistant. I guess it works after a night of heavy drinking, but as a warm-up beer even, this beer just doesn't cut it.

1.18/5  rDev -39.2%

As with many who reviewed this beer, it was a free one handed out from girls paid by Miller to push the product with whatever bad information gets people to drink it and like it.

Smells like the sweetness of a lemon-lime soda.
Taste is similar with similar carbonations.

Gets really freaking sweet and wears on you.

What a bad bad beer. I really wouldn't consider the taste of this to be beer. They took some ingredients that should go into beer and created soda flavored alcohol drink.

AVOID. ...unless free, then try for your own purposes...

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.