Miller Chill | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller ChillMiller Chill
Liked This Beer
1.94 w/ 760 ratings
Miller ChillMiller Chill

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: Light Lager

A Chelada-style light lager beeer with a hint of lime and salt added.

Added by Frozensoul327 on 03-07-2007

Liked:
1.94/5
Alströms:

2.33/5  rDev +20.1%

Hmmm....doesn't start off with any sort of interesting characteristic. The body is practically clear, it kind of looks like putting a couple of yellow Skittles into a cup of water, when the color starts to dissolve... I don't know, that's the best way to describe it, yellowish in places, but literally clear at the bottom. Short, white head falls into a thin ring around the top of the glass. No body to the head at all. Severely disappointing.

The smell is pleasant, but not very deep. There is a lime scent for sure with sort of a sweet overtone, not much else. Smells like beer.

Well, the taste is certainly interesting to say the least. It tastes like lime soda. There is absolutely nothing in the taste that tells me this is beer. I can taste some salt too. Entirely sweet, are there no hops or what?

Light bodied, but highly carbonated. It's like drinking soda. I can see this being highly drinkable, but I will never get another one for myself. It's not bad, it's just lackluster. Nothing about it draws me in.

2.45/5  rDev +26.3%

Ok maybe it was the fact that it was hot as hell outside or something, but initially I liked this beer a lot. I thought it was refreshing. It really is rather refreshing and I do not think that there is an easier beer on the face of the planet to drink, but...

One day it hit me that I really did not like this beer. It is extremely thin. It is heavily carbonated which I do like. There is a strong taste of limes and a little bit of salt. The only way to drink this is if it is EXTREMELY COLD. I mean I am talking that bits of ice are forming on the top.

The color is a kind of well...urine color. It is very light and tastes every bit as light as it looks.

Ok now granted this beer was probably not made to win any beer championships, and it is refreshing when it is hot outside, but any other time this beer kind of makes me sick to my stomach.

I recommend it if you want something that you can drink on a hot day and also drink about 12 of them without getting even a slight buzz.

1.53/5  rDev -21.1%

So a bunch of my friends have been talking about this beer, and since a normal Chelada is something I grab on a warm day by the beach, so I figured I'd give it a try.

Poured a highly fizzy yellow, sort of like apple juice, with a small white head. It was what I expected from an American Macro.

The smell was all lime and a little skunky. I could barely get the beer smell out of it.

Taste was nothing like the Cheladas that I am used to. The lime is very overpowering, instead of being an accent to the beer. Definate taste of salt in there and thats it.

Feels the same on the palate as a regular Miller so no surprise. I could only drink one, because the lime taste is way too much and just turned me off totally.

1.77/5  rDev -8.8%

Came upon a copy of my review of this beer from several months ago. The Miller Chill girls were visiting Max's, promoting their "product." This included free sample bottles of this stuff. Even free I wasn't interested, but shared a glass with my neighbor at the bar.

Cute girls, crappy beer. The one does not cancel out the other I'm afraid.

The beer looks exactly like you would expect it would. Adding lemon/lime to a glass of miller isn't going to improve it's appearance, obviously, so of course it pours a light yellow color with no head retention (unless you call 10 seconds of quickly dissipating fizz head retention) and no lacing. In other words, after about 30 seconds the beer looked like a urine sample.

On the nose one gets a hint of lemon lime, which I guess is a good thing. I don't recall what miller smells like and I don't want to be reminded. The smell is probably the best part of this beer.

On the palate I get some lime flavor, but that's about it. I'm not really even sure why this is called a beer, as I get no hop or malt flavor. This "beer" epitomizes the expression watery. Light, insipid, watery and altogether boring. Yep, everything I'm lookin for in a glass of beer.

The beer is very light, and thankfully very watery and generally inoffensive. I'm not sure why I would drink this if I were in the mood for a beer, but maybe this would be a nice alternative to seltzer water.... bad seltzer water.

OK, this beer was probably not as horrible as I was expecting, but that's only because I was expecting complete and utter swill. However, I did not get sick from drinking this beer, and the worst I can really say about it is that's boring, and therefore tiring, to drink.

Obviously, even free I would not be interested in drinking this beer ever again.

2.18/5  rDev +12.4%

a: light golden color with about a eigth inch of head that dissapears fast leaving no lacing
s: sweet actually very sweet, lime kind of like an alco pop
t: very sweet, even more so than the aroma, it really tastes like cool aid, not too appealing in my book, way too much lime and salt and overall sweetness
m: light bodied beer with average carbonation big bubble present in carbonaion

overall, this is not a very good beer, way too sweet, no bitterness

2.72/5  rDev +40.2%

I'm going against the grain here. Nothing pretentious here, just an honest review. Let's review this for what it is: a light, refreshing, different tasting "beer". This isn't a big bold beer in any sense so I'm not goint to review it as such. It actually doesn't really taste much like beer at all. It has a nice lime flavor that reminds me of a hard 7UP. It is very refreshing and goes down very smooth. You can easily down several of these without thinking about it. While it's obviously not on the same level as most micro offerings, it accomplishes what it set out to do. I would much rather drink this than Bud Light or Miller Lite any day. On a hot afternoon, it doesn't get a lot better than this. Obviously, it's not a great beer, but I don't think it tries to be.

2.87/5  rDev +47.9%

Drank from a 12 fl. oz./355 mL bottle purchased at Cambridge Wine & Spirits, Cambridge, MA

After all the marketing hype surrounding this beer, I decided to give it a try.

The beer poured an ultra-pale, golden yellow with a small, white, bubbly head that quickly dissolved. After a few minutes of sitting, the beer looked completely flat.

The aroma was super sweet (almost artificially sweet) with strong notes of bubblegum.

The taste was sickly sweet and reminded me of a flavored malt beverage. Bubblegum was once again immediately noticeable along with cotton candy and soda-like lemon/lime notes (Sprite came to mind). Some corn came through mid-palate. The finish was malty rich (in an adjunct sort of way) and very sweet, yet rather citrusy, crisp and light.

The body was quite thin and watery with a highly over carbonated and airy mouthfeel.

As much as I wanted to hate this beer, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, it was actually quite refreshing (albeit overly sweet). I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a light beer on a hot summer day or if you are a sorority girl seeking a quick buzz.

1.7/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I had to give into curiousity and give it a try just once so I got a six pack. It is a light beer that drinks easily (why else would you ever want to drink it) with a hint of salt and lime. I can't help but wonder why you would want those two ingredients in a beer. Not mimpressed at all and probably wont buy it again.

2.19/5  rDev +12.9%

A six-pack of Miller Chill, courtesy of the soon-to-be brother-in-law, who regularly makes trips to the States. I wasn't actively seeking out this beer, but I'll try it anyway - just because, you know. And what the hell does 'Chelada Style" mean, anyway? I have honestly never heard that word before.

In any case, I found a mason jar (seemed appropriate glassware), and dumped the contents of the bottle. As I was pretty well expecting, the results were less than stellar. Light straw gold colour (though not as anemic as I might have figured), with heavy, visible effervescence, and topped by a cap of less than one finger of head (which comes mostly, I assume from the aforementioned heavy carbonation). Pretty lacklustre, but then, who was expecting much from a beer pushing itself as the beer for people who don't like beer.

Smell is, as you can imagine, quite unusual. This barely qualifies as beer - it makes lambics look like all-malt lagers. But it's not too bad. Not that bad, anyway. Smells mostly of lime (artificially, though, like Sprite, 7-up, or perhaps more accurately, like a store-brand lemon-lime soda), with a dose of salt. Almost like a weak margarita? There's little to nothing in the way of actual beer character, though. Maybe a bit of cereal grain if you really close your eyes and take a deep whiff. Closer to soda-water with lime than beer, but I guess it's not egregiously bad.

Taste is more of the same. If this is beer, slap me in the mouth and call me Charlie. Heavy on the lime and salt (both quite artificial), heavy on the carbonation, but not heavy on anything else (aside from, say, the queasiness). I could see slugging back a few of these on a really hot day, but it doesn't at all satisfy my thirst for a real beer. Even a regular macro would do so better. No malt, no hops. Again, maybe some cereal grain if you really concentrate. Like a bizarre mixture of bar lime, salt, and soda water, soaked in a little bit of dry breakfast cereal.

Mouthfeel is obviously weak. Feels sticky and sugary, but watery, and is quite heavily overcarbonated (it burns my tongue). In terms of drinkability - well, some lightweight somewhere, who doesn't like beer, could drink thirty of these in a night and kill himself. So in that respect, at least, this stuff is drinkable. But as a beer - even as a lowest-common denominator, beer-on-the-front-porch with the guys beer - this is not so much fun. Maybe one would be OK on a hot, hot day - but only one, before I'd move on to much better, much more refreshing fare.

Avoid Miller Chill. For your benefit and for mine, just avoid it. It will be best for all of us.

1.48/5  rDev -23.7%

I drank this straight from the bottle

A - Since I had it from the bottle, it's a little tough. However, it looked very pale and light, though it did have excellent clarity. This is not a beer I would ever try on look alone.

S - I could smell a hint of lime, but is smelled more like sweat and a hint of hops.

T - This wasn't the worst beer I've ever had, but it was in my bottom 5. It really reminded me of sweat. I could barely detect the lime, but there was a strong salty taste. The hoppy flavor was underwhelming and too bitter.

M - Not really much to report here. Nothing amazing or even average compared to what I would consider an "average" beer.

D - This is a beer that I would never try again. My father-in-law mentioned wanting to get it because it was cheaper than Corona, but I held my tongue. He didn't mind it too much, and another buyer in the store said his wife loved "Chiller", which I guess is the hip new name for it amongst those that enjoy it. I've had other light beers, and this is among the worst for me. I think if the lime tasted more natural and they toned down the saltiness, it wouldn't be so bad, but it definitely couldn't be compared to a Corona.

2.16/5  rDev +11.3%

I'm not quite sure I understand this brew and what Miller was going for. 12 oz. bottle that has a strong lime smell and almost no signs of any hops. Taste is very interesting: never had I had a beer that was more part something else and less part beer. Even the weakest beers have more than 50% beer taste, but not Miller Chill. This brew was almost 75% tangy lime juice water and 25% light beer. Not exactly disgusting, but not what I would call beer. I agree with the assertion that Chill is a "beer for people who don't like beer." Be warned, looks very appealing, but is not good in terms of being a beer.

1.16/5  rDev -40.2%

This may very well be the most vile substance ever to emerge from a beer bottle.

The lime hint tasted artificial, like the smell of an air freshener or a lime scented candle. The salt was way too prevalent. The underlying beer had very little taste of its own. I literally could not finish the first bottle. The mouthfeel was sticky in a BAD way.

There was an aftertaste from the artificial lime that again brought stick air fresheners to mind. Disturbingly petrochemical.

I have never before disposed of an unconsumed six pack. Beers I don't dig hang around until someone comes to visit. I can't think of anyone I dislike enough to inflict this particular beer on, so I trashed it.

2.42/5  rDev +24.7%

My wife ordered this, took a couple sips, and said she couldn't finish it. In the interest of science, I finished it. Pretty clear without much color. Medium head that quickly disappeared. Tangy lime aroma, but smelled artificial. The taste was worse. I think there was supposed to be some lime, but all I could tell was it tasted a little tangy. Not even very refreshing. I'm not sure why anyone would intentionally drink this beer.

2.33/5  rDev +20.1%

Served from an ice cold green bottle into a 16 oz plastic cup, just as it was intended.

Pours crystal clear, looking like watered down light beer. Massive stark white fluffy head quickly dissipated.

Strong aroma of sulfur, the only clue this was ever fermented, along with a hint of lime, but not the refreshing citrus bite you'd get with real lime.

Tastes perhaps like watered down diet ginger ale with a twist. I almost gave it a 2.5 for taste, but the last couple warm swigs were gross. But At least I could finish it, I've had worse!

Mouthfeel of water--at least the carbonation doesn't make it so effervescent that it wouldn't go down easy. Goes down real easy, leaves a sour aftertaste.

This is truly a "beer" soda pop malt beverage designed to deliver alcohol. Not recommended. Just get a Corona with a twist and you're better off.

3.2/5  rDev +64.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4.5

This beer poured an extremely light pale watery looking body which as it was pouring, poured a huge head immediately died to almost nothing. Seriously one of the palest water like bodies ever. almost looks like a cider.

Nose is an in your face artificial lime smell. Honestly it smells like a knock-off store brand lemon/lime soda where the flavors are all shifted in the wrong direction. Unique, but honestly not bad at all, big in your face and very inviting.

Taste is very light bodied with a large soda like carbonation. Strong lime soda type flavors dominate. Again, it’s very much like those knock-off “7-ZZZup” store brand soda’s they sell. The salt flavor is present, but very much in the background only giving it a light touch hinting at bitterness. Not much in the way of malt base, but it does have hint of macro lager, although very mild. Crisp, clean and today's it's 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity as I review, and yes.... refreshing.

Does anyone remember AB’s beer tequiza from from the late 90's? This tastes almost exactly like that. Mix 7up, a squirt of imitation lime, a miller light, some water and dash of salt and you get Miller chill. Honestly.... I don’t hate it. It’s not great, but it’s surprisingly drinkable.

3.7/5  rDev +90.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Everyone on this website is going to be mad at me for this review. However, this site tells people to review a beer for what it is. I think Miller Chill is exactly what it advertizes. It is a refreshing, crisp, and light beer. I'm not saying its great, but it is basically Miller trying to create a beer that will take sales away from St. Louis's #1 "Mexican" beer. Personally, I would drink one of these over a Corona any day.

1.15/5  rDev -40.7%

I'm not necessarily adverse to strongly fruit flavored beers, so I thought this might be interesting to consider for a hot summer day. I had a chance to try some at a Bevmo tasting.

Absolutely putrid. Appearance is unpleasant, the taste is lime-juiced mixed to a beer-like consistency and carbonated with club soda, and I found the entire sample disgusting.

Stay away.

3.48/5  rDev +79.4%

Wanted to try this one before the summer ended, even tho' I had my reservations that this would be a Tequiza throwback. Pleasantly surprised however with the smell & taste. The appearance is underwhelming--straw yellow, watery, thin, foamy head that dissipates quickly. But the salty smell of lime and hops redeems it, and the taste follows with a nice kick. There is a slight sour aftertaste, but this is definitely a better-than-expected beer. Could easily drink a lot of these on a hot summer day or a cool summer night.

2.54/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz green bottle. VERY very light yellow translucent body (almost the color of water - really one of the lightest beers I've ever seen) with a thin white film. Smells prodominantly fruity - like natural lime flavor with a fair bit of salt too. Tastes sweet, like lime flavoring with a little salt in the background. Kind of reminds me of Sprite or Sierra Mist. Extremely light in body with a lot of carbonation. Relatively refreshing, though I have to say the Jason was spot-on about this being borderline malternative. Not horrible (though the salt flavor could be toned down a bit), but definitely not something I'll be drinking of my own volition or on my own dime anytime soon.

3.2/5  rDev +64.9%

Well, as baxterbrew says... it's not pretty or complex... but it's the "cute girl at the end of the bar that's fun to hangout with"...

It's not the best beer I've had... it's not the worst, but it's pretty good. It has an average appearance, an average smell of limes... the tast is also average. The mouthfeel is light and the drinkability is above average.

Overall, it's a decent brew...worth trying...

3.96/5  rDev +104.1%

I am prefacing this with the fact that this is not a wonderful, complex beer. BUT, it is a good beer for the masses. I had one at a picnic this evening and succumbed to my curiosity. The color is typical macro lager, the smell is sweet and limey. The taste...well it kind of tastes like a lime Zima. It's very light and limey and very carbonated. I thought that it tasted almost nearly unlike beer BUT I don't really think lambics taste much like beer either. So it is what it is. It ain't purty and it ain't complex and it ain't smart, but it's the kind of cute girl at the bar that's fun to hang out with.

2.97/5  rDev +53.1%

Well I have not heard anyone say this is nasty so I am game and I fear no beer!
Aroma is rather benign, not heavy on lime, been many years since Tequiza and it is what I was expecting.
Taste is light and the lime flavor is more subtle than expected. Been drinking Margaritas so this is mixing well!
Finishes clean and it is like MGD with a good flavoring of Lime.
Not bad, not bad at all, quite quaffable.

2.53/5  rDev +30.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I finally broke down to try this one out of morbid curiosity. I expected some kind of disaster of the taste buds, but it seriously isn't that bad considering style and origins. Oh don't get me wrong, I don't love it, but it's not the monstrosity I anticipated.

The color isn't that impressive, though not awful. It's completely transparent, a straw yellow color. It does have a surprising amount of head, and even more surprising light lacing.

The aroma is typical BMC lager scent, with just a tiny hint of the obligatory salt and lime that the label tells you will be there. It's still pretty weak by beer standards.

The flavor is actually quite limey, and that is fine considering it covers up the lame BMC pale lager flavor that I feared the most. I really must say that the extras are a welcome change to the regular mediocre macro fare. Surprisingly decent.

The feel is nothing, it's thin and watery, and I think they wanted it that way. Still, no points here. I must say, overall it's not a horrible summery drink. It's light enough and just fruity enough to be thirst-quenching during the summer. They call it "Corona with the lime already included" but I'd have to say this is a step above. Not great, but certainly not awful.

1.33/5  rDev -31.4%

Pours a light golden color with a puny little white head with no body. The smell is probably the worst thing about this. It smelt like a wet mop.(seriously, you know how an old mop or dish rag smells like? that's it!) Taste is god awful too carbonated, and the lime is really weak tasting. About as bad as a corona with lime, or at least comparable. Not much for mouth feel, besides the bubbly annoyance of carbonation. I won't mention drinkability because it's not worth it. Not impressed at all.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Friend of mine brought over a sixer and left three of them so I thought I'd try one.

Nothing going on in the appearance world, looks like Miller Lite, pretty clear. Little to no head that hardly exists even briefly. Nothing going on in the smell department at all. Smells sweet and maybe slightly limey.

Taste? lol. Calling this a beer is certainly a stretch. Whatever little lime odor there was is not evident in the taste of the beer. Instead it is just generically fruity, as if you had poured a little fountain fruit punch into a beer. There is a strange bitterness that is apparent only at the sides of the mouth/tongue. Not much of an aftertaste at all.

It feels in the mouth much like, say, Pellegrino would except slightly more carbonated. I've seen the word "thin" thrown around a lot in these reviews and that's exactly the word for it.

It's actually pretty drinkable all things considered. It's not how I want my beer to taste at all but if you were blind-tasting it among sodas and fruity drinks, you'd probably think it was pretty good. I won't ever be buying this beer but might go for one in the future at say a barbecue if all that's offered is Corona and this.

Miller Chill from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 1.8% out of 100 with 760 ratings