Miller 64 | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller 64Miller 64

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 235 | Ratings: 815
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

A step above Red Dog, which once again is not saying too much. At least you will be cutting calories with this beer. It is a solid go to over Michelob, if that is what is available. Once again Miller over Budweiser seems to be better at times like those.

2.71/5  rDev +55.7%

Not much flavor or smell, but it will make an excellent golfing beer. Just the right amount of light and low alcohol to not throw off your perfect(bogie for me) game, but still be drinking a real beer instead of soda or just water. I dig it. Not gonna be a staple for my fridge, but for my outdoor style it fits.

I am a sippy cup drinker. I put the cap on the bottle, and left this beer out over night. 11 hours later = still bubbling and no less refreshing.

+All beers should taste good or be enjoyable at room temperature.

Most beers are sensitive like soft red apples that brown and rot before done enjoying them, if you leave the slices of apple without the Corona lime added, many beers = #budlight garbage cans.

look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

The lightest I’ve had that I can remember. It is reminiscent of Miller Lite, but with that subtle savory soapy flavor to make it special. A beer that’ll have you more sober than you were when you started. A beer with so much water you’ll swear it’s a thirst quencher. I have three more and I’m looking forward to them. 2018/04/20

2.9/5  rDev +66.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Target buy.

OK. An American “make everyone happy” Beer. Using the term beer (in the greater European sense) loosely. Well, I have to watch my carbs... Arg. Not a good thing for a Norse God.

Clear (a good thing here). Not much of a head. Slightly watery. Reminds me of college (as in insititutions of higher learning in the United States).

Wife likes it.

2.56/5  rDev +47.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Ya know, it's not fine wine. But it IS a very light beer that goes down well and has a decent taste for a light beer. If you have a big day tomorrow, but want to relax without getting bloated and without being a bit fuzzy in the morning, this is a good beer. It's not pretentious, doesn't claim to be the best beer on earth, and it's not, but it is a respectable beer for its intent. Beats Miller Lite, Bud Lite, and Coors Light. So, Miller Brewers, well done.

1.3/5  rDev -25.3%

03/17/2013
AROMA:Piss
LOOK:Clear, Very Clear with a hint of yellow. Then, I added a drop of Green Food Coloring for St. Patrick's Day; but otherwise this would look like some one pissed in your tap water.
TASTE: Water, Water,What is there to say really.
FEEL: Mass Marketing.

2.56/5  rDev +47.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Very light yellow color with minimal white cap.

Aroma is almost faint, so light it's elusive. Not enough scent to get an indication of flavors to follow.

Taste is lightweight in a beery sense. I get a pleasant grain flavor that's so light it's difficult to quantify. This isn't a watered down flavor, rather a diminished one.

Texture is medium and there's more to it than scent and flavor imply.

Other than saving calories I don't see much point in this one but that's also a valid concern for some folks.

2.03/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

To evaluate this beer properly, forget thinking of it as a "proper beer". It isn't. For that reason, I am annoyed to meet the numerical rating requirement. Pay no attention to my ratings numbers. Instead, I highly recommend this drink over every other light lager, when you need to go pull weeds, or vacuum, or clean the bathrooms. It is one step lower in quality than my "lawnmower beer" choices. I buy a 12 pack of bottles every three weeks just to keep refrigerated for the times of day when I need to do a chore and I want to slake my thirst.

2.61/5  rDev +50%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

12 oz bottle into a Pint Glass

A - Clear, very pale straw in color with moderately fast rising carbonation. Some of the carbonation forms serpentine strings of bubbles. Foamy 2 finger white head when poured very hard. Head dissipates quickly. 3/5

S - Very light malt. Grainy. White bread. Grassy hops. Very simple. 2.5/5

T - Grassy hop bitterness. Hops stand out much more than the malt. Malt is extremely light. No sweetness to speak of. Green apple note. 2.5/5

M - Very light. Gone as soon as it goes down with a lingering green apple note. Drying astringency. Carbonation burn similar to, but less than, carbonated sodas. 2.75/5

O - Surprisingly enjoy this beer, although there's just not much too it (which was expected). Good beer for drinking when it's especially hot and you don't want a lot of alcohol pushing water out of your system. 2.75/5

1.7/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Mid-Summer neighborhood block party. Drank straight from the bottle.

Look - Clear golden with a tad bit of froth at the top with zero lacing as it goes down.

Smell - Grainier than expected for something so light, but nothing else and at least it doesn't smell like straight water.

Taste - Seltzer water through and through with a touch of cereal grain.

Feel - Dull and lifeless though crisp and smooth.

Overall - No surprise with this one. Pass.

It's like water if water was really pissed off at you. Nothing here that screams "worthwhile" unless you just need to swig beer with few calories. Personally, I'd drink half as many full bodied beers if calories are that important.

3.09/5  rDev +77.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

No,I am not a "Light Beer" Guy,and "Miller 64" is probably as Light as Light Beer Gets,However I am judging this Beer,based on it's style,...and for what it is,[a Super Light Beer] I Honestly can see why some people would drink this Brew,and just like other "Light Beers" it does have it's place @ the Table,not a bad choice with Crabs,Shrimp.Crawfish or even Burgers and Dogs, or just when you want an Ice Cold Beer on a really Hot and Humid day,and a really good lawnmower beer also, I Really think this Beer Does not Deserve an "Awful" score,but a LOT people judge Beer rather harsh and Unfair [IMHO] Beer should be Judged by it's style and not one's own personal Preference,you can't Rate a Light Beer against your favorite IPA for fucks sake,of course it [light Beer]is going to tatse like watered down corn soda~Derp!

2.74/5  rDev +57.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Diet Beer. Doesn't bloat you up and goes down smooth. It's the color of piss when you are dehydrated. Smells like sweet corn but the taste is very faint. What can you expect for 64 calories. Low carbonation. Takes 8-9 to get a small buzz. I'd recommend drinking something tastey first and then switch to this tasteless brew to avoid dreaded beer bloat

2.38/5  rDev +36.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.25

Pours a clear, pale straw color. 1/3 inch head of a white color. Poor retention and slight lacing. Smells of pale malt, hint of hop, and metallic/grain. Fits the style of a Light Lager. Mouth feel is sharp and crisp, with an average carbonation level. Tastes of pale malt, strong grain, slight metallic, and a hint of hops. Overall, about what one would expect, sharp, metallic, and weak body/blend.

2.5/5  rDev +43.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

Category is American light. When judging by bjcp style guidelines color and smell are rated high. I would never drink this beer by choice but when judged by style and not taste alone it scores a respectable score. These bring the total score up. Again do not mistake a high score for a good beer. Two categories scored high by style does not a good beer make.

2.44/5  rDev +40.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Pours a light golden color with a very thin lace of head. Smells like the standard adjunct lager with fermented corn. Pretty smooth going down, mainly because the lack of carbonation. Not much flavor here, but more than Bud Select 55. There's a little corny aftertaste but doesn't last long. For a super light lager it's not too bad.

2.27/5  rDev +30.5%

Serving style : 12 oz bottle, poured into glass.

Appearance (3.25) : Pours a foamy, white sudsy head at about 2 fingers. It stays in place longer than I thought it would but eventually evaporates into a styrofoam type appearance, and finally - a ring. Lacing is left ringing around the glass. The body is a pale, golden straw color with about 10% opacity. This appearance is 10x better than the comparable Budweiser Select 55.

Aroma (2) : Let's see, we have sweet corn, rotten corn, musty corn, grain, some vegetable smells, and then more rotten corn...all trademark of Miller. This is 100% Miller in all of its corny glory. Much like High Life, but less fresh and less diacetyl. Bouquet is medium strength, if you can even call it a bouquet.

Taste (3) : It's got that Genuine Draft/High Life type of flavor, only it explodes with h2o right in the middle of the tasting. It seems to come back again after you swallow, leaving you with the (good) trademark Miller/Miller Lite dry pilsner taste. Out of the bottle it's a whole lot of nothing, except for the dry pilsner finish. Out of a glass it tastes better (but who's gonna pour it anyhow).

For those of you who don't know what any of the Miller products taste like, I'll break this beer down : corn on the cob, some musty barley, followed by a lightly dry roasted finish.

Mouthfeel (2) : Light bodied, carbonated, absent.

Overall (2.27) : Miles better than Budweiser Select 55. I was waiting to find a single of this so I could try it to decide which was better. The nine extra calories are worth it.

Now, this really doesn't matter to me anyways, as I spend most of my nights reviewing crafts...BUT, it's nice to know if I ever go to super low-cal beers again, this one is a better choice than the seltzer water 55. Drink it fast though - - if it warms up you're drinking stale cornbread!

Update a month later : I decided to buy a 24 pack case of this beer because it's easy to drink and when I feel like a beer but don't want to pack on calories, this one is about my best bet. It won't replace my crafts but it will give me something to guzzle after a bike ride or while making dinner. 64 Calories is asking a lot out of a beer, and for something to be drinkable at 64 calories it's gotta get some cred.

By the way, out of the can it's pretty nasty but if you pour it into a glass (or a mason jar) some esters are released and you get a nice almost wit-smelling aroma and a better overall flavor profile. I assume most folks are drinking this straight from the bottle/can. Try pouring it for better results.

1.25/5  rDev -28.2%

If you like water with a hint of coloring, this "beer" is for you. If you'd like to get drunk off of this "beer" be prepared to drink a case and hit the head often.

2.1/5  rDev +20.7%

The Foremost Liquor Store in Glendale Heights, IL had a shopping cart full of these 12oz silver cans for just 50¢ each, so I picked up a few and took them home to try.
The 64 is for the number of calories it has and it also claims to have just 2.4 grams of carbs.

The beer poured a completely clear golden color that made a 1½ finger white head that didn't last very long and left zero lacing on the glass.

There isn't much smell to this - just a whiff of cooked corn and not much else.

When you see the ingredient list includes corn syrup and hop extract, that doesn't bode well for the taste department. By taking all the calories out they pretty much left this beer devoid of any flavor as well. It isn't much more than carbonated water with some corn syrup added. If you really search for it I guess you can find just a touch of pale malt and an even fainter hop bitterness, but basically it's just water.

Thin, watery mouthfeel with a medium carbonation level - just enough to give it some crispness.

It's so watery and unflavorful that I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. If you want a decent light beer, try a Sam Adams Light and leave this stuff in the discount cart for people who don't care how a beer tastes.

look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. Aroma- basically a hint of colored water Appearance - A very pale yellow color with a white head Taste - Almost no flavor, in fact I am hard pressed to identify what I am tasting maybe some hops? Palate - light bodied with a lot of carbonation Overall - not good, but if you bought this you probably are buying it for the 64 calories; therefore a robust beer flavor is not what you are after.

1.25/5  rDev -28.2%

Pours an almost clear yellow with no head. The smell was very metallic even though it was from a bottle. The taste was a lot of rice and some metal. Not very appetizing.

1.59/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Starting to review some of the "Bottom of the List" beers. This is a loon as it is in the top 15.

A- Poured from the clear 12oz bottle to a pint glass with a crystal clear, pale golden body. A small white, fizzy cap begins to form as I pour but dies down just as fast as it rises. Tiny ring remains for sometime depositing not a single spot of lace. Eventually takes on an apple juice appearance.

S- I would be lying if I said this was putrid because it lacks so much strength that I pick up almost nothing. What I do get is some indescribable aroma that I have never experienced. Corny strangeness. It is slightly fruity and grainy but there is something spoiled about it, not skunk though. Never opens up.

T- Take a bottle of plain seltzer and soak about two kernels of cracked grain in it and this would be a close representation of this beer's flavor. The spoiled/adjunct/BMC light beer (egg-area but not pungent, strange) signature carries over but once again there is almost nothing to work with. Tastes mostly like seltzer to me with the high carbonation. Corn comes on hard towards the bottom half. Of course with warming, the flaws of the flavor and aroma strengthen. Slight malts, fruits and bread with time.

MF- Seltzer with the ever so slightest bit of malt-driven texture. Carbonation is super high and you can even taste that carbonic edge, fizzy.

I guess this is what happens when you strip a beer down to 64 calories and carbonate the hell out of it. Most of the flavor to me honestly is seltzer carbonation and the rest is as if you diluted another light beer half and half with water and added corn. This beer lacks flavor like nothing I have experienced so far, but then again I also got a single of Bud-55. The thing that makes no sense to me is I don't think many people would drink this without getting buzzed in mind. At 2.8% you would consume many of these to get a buzz and the calorie drop is cancelled out, do people forget how to do math after seeing the excessive marketing for such beers.

1.77/5  rDev +1.7%

Appearance:
Incredibly clear, pale gold body crowned with a surprisingly thick, white head that disappeared to nothing quickly but left plenty of lacing behind in the process. Light trails of carbonation. Looks good, oddly enough.

Aroma:
Here is where it takes a turn... Damp grains and light traces of corn. Light sweetness. Nothing else.

Taste:
Follows the taste.. Dull grains and faint corn. Rubbery aftertaste.

Mouthfeel:
Lifeless in pretty much all aspects. Thin and watery. Little to no carbonation.

Overall:
This, surprisingly, isn't horrible... BUT pretty damn close. And, unlike a few other beers I've had recently this is drinkable if only just. Not refreshing by any stretch of the imagination as I found myself yearning for the bottom of the glass to approach. I'll sum this up with this: Sometimes you have to have a bad beer to enjoy a the good ones. That's exactly what this experiment was for me, I will spend the rest of my days ensuring I never drink this one again. It's really the only reason you should have for consuming this as well.

3.34/5  rDev +92%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Opinions vary, but this is the best light beer I have tasted (my wife has bought them all, Bud55, Miller Lite [my old favorite light], Mic Ultra [ok, I do love Mic Ultra Amber - but hard to find in MN], etc.) and Miller 64 has become a staple in our refrigerator). It is light, fresh, crisp, and tastes like, well, it tastes like beer. It has a low alcohol content, so is refreshing on a hot day, or out on a bike ride, tastes great with pizza.

Miller 64 from Miller Brewing Co.