Miller 64 | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller 64Miller 64

Style: Light Lager

Added by ZAP on 06-04-2008

2.67/5  rDev +49.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

This is the only beer that I've ever reviewed that I didn't pour into a glass. The bottle's clear so screw it. I can see the clear golden yellow appearance and thin white head. Maybe I could smell it better if poured into a glass seeing that I don't smell much here. It smells better than some other macro light beers that I've smelled. Although it smells as if lesser fermentables were used in the brewing... I've smelled worse. Pretty clean non-bitter taste. One of the better macro light beers out there, but not a very good BEER beer.

2.28/5  rDev +27.4%

1.48/5  rDev -17.3%

2.35/5  rDev +31.3%

12 oz. bottle - straight from the bottle (no sense dirtying a glass on account of this one)

A: Pale golden-yellow

S: Stainless steel. A little like something freshly wased (detergent?)

T: Light. More well rounded flavor than many other light macros. Suited for a hot day or a palate cleanser. Reminds me of generic mineral water.

M: Ultra-carbonated. Thin.

D: Actually very drinkable. Not in the delicious beer sense, but in the aforementioned mineral water/thirst quenching sense. I drink these now and then when I don't want to get drunk while slamming beers during a football game.

2.75/5  rDev +53.6%

1.03/5  rDev -42.5%

This is an awful beer. Not that it tastes bad, it actually has no taste whatsoever.

Pours pale clearish straw, some artificial co2 bubbles and head hang precariously to the side of the glass.

Almost no aroma at all. Slight fizziness, like soda is all I can smell. The first taste is of, lightness, almost no trace of malt, hops, or even corn adjuncts. Just fizziness like alka seltzer.

One positive about this is that it is so unobtrusive that it is better than some ultra light beers. It's that there is nothing in there to be offensive. There is nothing in there to be tasty either.

They ruined a great light beer and made it this. Shame on miller.

1.75/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.66/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

2.2/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.5/5  rDev +39.7%

2.96/5  rDev +65.4%

1.45/5  rDev -19%

I really don't mind an occasional macro lager so I thought I'd give it a try. But I did come in with low expectations.

Great clarity, but the compliments stop there. This is the lightest yellow color I've ever seen in a beer. Foamy white head. Points awarded because this is roughly how I expect a light lager to look.

Minimal mild malt aroma. If I didn't know there was beer there I would've thought I was smelling air or water. Seriously.

Taste is the same, practically no flavor at all. It really tastes like I would imagine watered down beer to taste. Think 1 part Bud Light to 1 part water.

Mouthfeel is light as can be, small bonus awarded for being to style.

This is just plain bad. If it weren't for being technically to style, it would get all zeros. The single most watered down beer I've ever had.

Drank (as opposed to tasted) on 11/10/08.

2.44/5  rDev +36.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Pours a light golden color with a very thin lace of head. Smells like the standard adjunct lager with fermented corn. Pretty smooth going down, mainly because the lack of carbonation. Not much flavor here, but more than Bud Select 55. There's a little corny aftertaste but doesn't last long. For a super light lager it's not too bad.

3.03/5  rDev +69.3%

I already had a couple of beers and did not want to get loaded but still felt like drinking. So I opted for the MGD 64.
Pretty much as expected.
A weak, watery light beer, but I knew that going in.

It is weak on flavor, but I think it tastes better than the regular MGD.

Needless to say this is easy to drink. Goes down like Gatorade.

For what it is, its not half bad.

Give it a try if you want a low alcohol, low calorie, light beer that is refreshing and easy to drink.

1.75/5  rDev -2.2%

1.25/5  rDev -30.2%

Miller 64 from Miller Brewing Co.