Miller 64 | Miller Brewing Co.

awful

Style: Light Lager

Added by ZAP on 06-04-2008

2.5/5  rDev +23.8%

2.22/5  rDev +9.9%

Shared with a dieting friend; pours pale yellow, fairly sizeable head with decent retention, some lacing sticking to the glass; doesn’t look half bad.

Very, very mild aroma. All I get is a little grain and maybe some honey sweetness, but that’s about it. Straining and there’s nothing there. This experience continues into the taste; hints of grain and perhaps corn; a trace of sweet honey, but overall fairly dry. Very low bitterness.

Effervescent carbonation, moderately light in body; extremely watery overall. I won’t say this is the worst light beer I’ve had, because it wasn’t. It wasn’t unpleasant, it just wasn’t there at all, really, and I had a hard time seeing the point of drinking something like this. The ABV is so low it won’t have an intoxicating effect, if that’s what’s desired, and by the time it does you’d have drunk enough of these that you could have had a better beer. Certainly not my thing; I’d rather not drink anything and save the calories altogether.

1.5/5  rDev -25.7%

2.5/5  rDev +23.8%

1.5/5  rDev -25.7%

3.5/5  rDev +73.3%

Not a bad looking bottle. Decent label, I like clear glass. Clean, light golden color.

Out of the bottle smell: Very light beer smell.

Out of the bottle taste: Light but not bad. Flavor doesn't last long, which is to be expected.

Out of the bottle feel: Carbonation.

In glass look: Very light yellow. More of a sustained head than I thought there would be, which was none. Not like this is a comparable head to other beers, but in this category I think it lasted a few seconds longer than others.

In glass taste: Not much.

In glass feel: Watery, carbonation.

This is beer in my opinion tastes better out of their bottle.

Compared to other beers in this category, I think it's decent. There's no point in comparing this to a craft IPA, for instance, that's not the goal of the beer. When compared to other major "diet" beers, I have to say this ranks high because it achieves a goal of not offending me. Other diet beer, or non-diet beers even such as Budweiser Platinum and Rolling Rock offend me and they're not even trying to go lo-cal. There is no reason to drink those beers. This on the other hand serves a purpose and doesn't give me a sour face, so I'm rating this with that in mind.

2.25/5  rDev +11.4%

Miller 64 from Miller Brewing Co.