Miller High Life | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

Ratings: 3,784 |  Reviews: 1,157

I always drink Beer. It is delicious. I drink macros and micros and they all have a time and place. It's summer that means having friends over and hittin' the pool. Its hot and my names Harry and I like to party. I know for a fact that people reviewing the High Life negatively do not party. Great summer Beer. DRINK IT!

Before you can rate Miller High Life, you have to ask yourself a question. "Have you ever worked an honest day in your life?". I'm not talking about working at some organic co-op, comic book shop, or record store. No, I'm talking about swinging an 8 lb hammer for 16 hours in conditions one would compare to the depths of Hell! I'm talking about moving mountains with your bare hands! I'm talking about the kind of work that drove John Henry to his knees! If you can say in all honesty that you've worked that type of day, then by all means, rate away. There's something special about an ice cold Miller High Life after a day of taming the wilderness and pushing your body to its limit. Any MAN worth his salt will tell you there's only 1 score for God's chosen golden elixir, 5.

Keep in mind i'm rating this a 5 because i'm new to beer and this is the best out of what i have had. I don't really know what to describe the taste like, just kind of like... corn? sweet. I drink this because i didnt have a job and was not able to buy more expensive things. I have read however this has won the gold medal for best american style lager several times. I think i know why they call this the high life though. It makes you feel like you are living the high life due to the taste and quality for the price. Their advertising campaigns hit the nail on the head. This is a testament to working men and women. I got paid my first paycheck recently and i bought some of this, and i felt like i was drinking in style. This is better quality in my opinion than budweiser and its cheaper. There is a reason it rated highly in american adjunct lagers, as you categorize them on the site. Apparently the Alstrom brothers on this site agree with me. They gave it an 81. I think miller is the best out of the as you guys on the site call them the macro brews. Whether its fishing or a barbeque or fourth of july party this goes good with anything. I love this with a nice Hamburger and steak fries.

My comfort drink!

This has been my favorite American macro for many years. Smell is light (btw, I can't smell things that well). Nice head leaves a lot of lacing in it's wake. It's hard to nail down in words why it's so good. A robust flavor; characterized mostly by corn, light malt, and grain. Highly carbonated. Nice dry finish with no aftertaste. Tastes like beer!

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.69 out of 5 with 3,784 ratings