Miller High Life | Miller Brewing Co.

poor
good
Read the review
Miller High LifeMiller High Life

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

Reviews: 1,124 | Ratings: 3,644
2.32/5  rDev -17.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured into an English pint glass. Minimal head, appears a bright clear yellow color. Smell is not inviting. The taste is ok upfront but has an unpleasant after taste (Metallic). Can't detect any good flavors taste-wise, it's pretty watery. I would not choose to drink this beer for any reason other than price.

2.32/5  rDev -17.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Recently was left a cooler full. Normally don't buy this but I figured I'd keep it. It's been hot as balls out lately so I been drinking these with lime and they are actually pretty refreshing.

2.32/5  rDev -17.4%

I bit light, refreshingly clean , with a lot of corn-like sweetness. Pretty tasty when nice and cold straight out of the fridge.

I still prefer MGD to this though, I think it has a bit more going for it.

High Life is an American icon.

2.31/5  rDev -17.8%

From the can, poured as always straight up into a pint glass. I can't drink beer straight from the can, if I have the option to have a glass.

Foam had some staying power, better than most macros. Also some decent lacing.

The next day I had a headache. Lots of rice and or corn in this bad boy.

2.31/5  rDev -17.8%

Clear and golden, white head disappears, leaving no lacing. Aroma was nearly absent--not enough to describe. Flavor has no hop to speak of and not much malt. Thin and crispy thirst quencher, but I look for much more in a beer. Not the worst macro I've had; I probably won't have it again unless it's free, but it was worth the try.

2.31/5  rDev -17.8%

Pours a light straw color, totally clear, with a short-lived one-finger head, leaving little lacing on the glass. Aroma is of corn, with a very slight grassyness. Tastes just like it should - dissapointing. Flavor is of corn, with very little hop bitterness. Mouthfeel: Astringent, and the high carbonation makes my tongue feel tingly. This beer is a little too thick and oily for my palate; although I think it is appropriate for this style. Overall, I prefer this beer out of the bottle more so than in a glass. I like to think that this is just flavored alcohol water, not a classy brew to sip and enjoy. As I always say, "There's a time and place for every beer," and this one is perfect for beachside session drinking and not much else.

2.31/5  rDev -17.8%

A - this macro pours a very pale yellow, with a thin white lacy head that dissipates quickly, fizzy like soda

S - a malty aroma with citrus hints, no hoppy aromas

T - fizzy, with a malty kick, no hops evident, but a nice refershing taste, my leading macro choice

M - fizzy, but refreshingly smooth, especially on a hot lawn mowing type day

D - high, easy to pound

2.3/5  rDev -18.1%

Presentation: From a keg in my house, into large glass mug.

Appearance: Very pale looking, darker than something like Natural Light though. There is moderate head with a little staying power.

Smell: Smells a lot like corn to me. Especially when it is served at a warmer temperature.

Taste: Rather thin body, although more than cheaper beers. Taste a lot like it smells with a moderate corn/barley flavor.

Overall: Its certainly better than Nati Light. But certainly not something I would drink given a larger budget. Great for college, not for much else...

2.3/5  rDev -18.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Still pours the standard light yellow with minimul head, suprisingly the smell a little more funky out of the bottle, smell hints of earth tones with a strong smell of grain and grilled corn. Taste is a bit bitter, hops and a strong sour grain taste. Cool and refreshing but suprisingly didn't like as much as canned.

2.3/5  rDev -18.1%

A - Pours yellow in color, very little carbonation, small head, some lacing afterwards.

S - Scents of sweet malts, hops.

T - The taste is kinda sweet, but very watery.

M - Light body, not much of an aftertaste to talk about.

D - Drinkable I guess. Many moons ago I use to like this stuff.

2.3/5  rDev -18.1%

Now, don't get me wrong, but this sucker has a pronounced corny taste that I can actually respect. It is sweet and corny, but in a way I can identify as actual corn - not the barnyard leavings of some beaked bird. It has a touch of the bad breath I find on my burly bearded buddy when I visit him in the cab of his pickup truck (he was living there for a few months). When I am angry at the world of "better beer" and my wallet is in turn, angry at me, I will reach for a forty of this wicked foulness is a way that keeps me giggling and cackling inside, The aroma, flavor, and finish is all sweet corn - maybe I should scarf on some tamales and wash it down with this one!

2.3/5  rDev -18.1%

Never had this beer before,a friend of mine said it wasnt that bad and since it was one of only a few beers i havent had i said what the hell.I wont give this beer a true full review,for one it just doesnt have enough substance to need it and two it just doesnt deserve it.Its not the worst beer i have ever had that award goes to another miller product icehouse,but not the best american lager by a long shot either.

this is only good for those times when your on a beer budget and anything will do and even then their are better options out their.I drank this straight from the bottle i would not insult my glassware with it.I guess in the end beer is like sex even when its bad its still pretty good.now thats living the high life.

2.3/5  rDev -18.1%

The box champagne of beers
___

A: Yellow tinted water with a one finger foamy white head that was gone in under 2 minutes.

S: A bit of dry malt, some metallic adjunct funk, and that's about it.

T: Quite dry biscuity malt, metal, and almost no hops at all... extremely light on flavor, but considering the source, it's kind of a blessing.

M: Extremely carbonated... I can see why they call it 'The Champagne of Beers', well, the box champagne of beers anyway.

D: Actually quite refreshing in a shitty way.

2.29/5  rDev -18.5%

Miller High Life. The Champagne of beers.
ok.
Not bad appearance. Light golden color with lots of bubbles (which is I guess what you would expeact for the champagne of beers)
smell and taste are eh. nothing special or exciting. nothing really to offer.
Mouthfeel is really carbonated (duh)

D- I would pick MGD over miller high life but this isn't bad.

2.28/5  rDev -18.9%

This is my uncle’s beer. As long as I can remember, the guy has always had a cooler or fridge full of Miller High Life. Oddly enough, It’s taken me years to actually get around and try it for myself. And really, it seems that if I weren’t a beer geek and didn’t mind the taste of beer, I probably would have been a Miller man myself. There’s an extremely boring, cereal-like flavor, no aroma and no bitterness. What makes this better than the much-hated-by-me Budweiser is that it lacks that nasty flavor in the back that Budweiser has. This just doesn’t have much of anything.

2.28/5  rDev -18.9%

Well this was given to me for free at the liquor store.
Poured a very pale yellow, highly carbonated, apart from it's two finger large bubbled white head, this actually does look like champagne. Laced in partial rings, head remained as a film. I guess the marketing isn't lying there, but of course why should a beer look like champagne?
Malty, cereal aroma, like when you first open a box of rice crispies, a touch of lemon.
Lightly malted taste, a little bitter.
Light feel (that word came to mind a lot when drinking).
It's not horrible, nothing would stand it the way if you wanted to drink a lot, on the other hand there is nothing there that would make you want to drink a lot.

2.28/5  rDev -18.9%

I brought a 24 oz can from a local bodega. I usually drink craft but I decided to give the champagne of beers a try. I poured it into a wine glass and was surprised. It's golden hue and bubbly carbonation makes it look like champagne. Other than that there is nothing special about its appearance. It smells rather sweet, probably due to corn or other adjunct. When it came to taste, I was pleasantly surprised. I can actually taste a mild hop character. This paired with its smoothness makes for a easy drinking beer. While it is not my first choice, I would choose over other American macro brew.

2.28/5  rDev -18.9%

Ah, the High Life. My favorite thing about this beer was always the commercials, but for a macro brew, it's pretty good.

Pours a yellow with a head the consistency of dish soap suds. Smooth tasting, some alcohol and malt flavoring, no real hops to speak of.

Quaffable.

2.27/5  rDev -19.2%

Given to me by a neighbor, I politely said thank you and figured I'd review it. I probably wouldn't buy it, and don't know that I've ever even had it. My new favorite beer?

I almost retch just looking at it. The color is an extremely pale yellow, piss-like if I can be crude. Filtered beyond comprehension. The head is also wispy, like dishsoap only with smaller bubbles. Some lace, which is nice, but the rest looks awful.

Aroma is no surprise: cornlike with that peculiar veggies-fried-in-sugar sweetness (call it "DMS" if you wanna be fancy). Although maybe that's an insult to corn and veggies fried in sugar. Not much else to report.

Corn and Splenda dominate the flavor, also something straw-like and the most watered down honey you can imagine. Texture is like really watery soda without any of the syrupy stickiness. Not much else to say, really. "The Champagne of Beers," says the label.

How do you rate drinkability on something like this? It's not offensive enough to pour down the drain, but also something where I'd probably choose water, soda or some other beer if served at a party. That's not snobbery--that's just attempting to stay a contented human being. Times have changed--there's no reason for beer to be this bland. So, not my new favorite beer after all...

2.27/5  rDev -19.2%

this stuff taste decent. A little sweet, however there's a sort of unpleasant background taste. The color is typical of any american macro, and so are the head stats. Sitting here writing this reveiw the morning after I only got a little bit hammered of this (*came home drank 2 bottles of water), my head throbs and beats with pain. I don't want to drink this again

2.26/5  rDev -19.6%

12oz camo can poured into a pint glass. Ya know, so it's classy.

Pours a clear piss yellow with a decent 1 finger head and a tinge of lacing, but this all fades fast.

Taste is very watery and bland, very little to it. Light and smooth and easy drinking is it's only redeemable characteristic. No bittereness or any trace of hops to it. Ok for the style, but skip it.

2.26/5  rDev -19.6%

Pint can from my dad at the first bbq of the spring.

Appearance. Pours a light yellow with two fingers of fluffy white head that doesn`t last too long.

Smell. Light grains, corn, a little alcohol and a hint of grassy hops.

Taste. Sweet light grain, some light fruit and a hint of grassy hops in the end. Everything except the sweetness is pretty weak.

Mouthfeel. Light body and medium carbonation with a little alcohol presence. Thin and crisp but feels like a low quality beer.

Overall. Tried to be objective here but there just isn`t much to this beer. Just sweet and bubbly.

12 ounce bottle
Poured into a glass
Medium to average head
Light gold color
Interesting smell and taste, one that I don't prefer

Overall I would not recommend this beer. If it is the only choice, then it is definitely drinkable, but don't go actively seek out this one.

2.26/5  rDev -19.6%

I just tryed this beer the other day after much curiousity. I have been searching for a cheaper session beer. Cheaper than Budweiser and MGD, $11.99 for a 30-pk.

The beer looked typical of Miller as I poured it into a glass, smelled weird though. This beer also had a frothy taste which felt comfortable against the palate. Unruly aftertaste. If this beer starts to get warm, it is almost impossible to stomach. Warmth brings out many weird flavors. After two of these, they became challenging to take down. When cold, the first two go down pretty easy.

If you're looking for the bargain beer, go for Pabst Blue Ribbon instead.

2.26/5  rDev -19.6%

Super clear and fizzy, this looks a bit darker than normal urine. Not a totally gross looking beer. Nice foamy head. Smells of adjuncts, mostly corn. No hops noticeable. Taste is the same, a little sour. Feels thin and watery, of course. A little worse than I thought it would be, but mostly just...meh.

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.