Miller High Life | Miller Brewing Co.

poor
good
Read the review
Miller High LifeMiller High Life

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

Ratings: 3,708 |  Reviews: 1,135

3.96/5  rDev +40.4%

THE best overall American Swill.
Semi-vigorous pour renders an enduring rocky head, provoking me to sip some before I can finish emptying the can. This is a fantastic head. It's the perfectly prepped hairstyle atop the beautiful body that is the beer, Miller High Life. Sweet corn and rice pudding aromas waft from it's surface, very warming, very pleasant. Sides down my throat with easy, chilling my tongue, leaving it's buttery flavor lingering. This beer is yearning to be drunk in big, slow swigs. Overall, it's the best macro lager from over the borderline. And c'mon.. ya gotta love the name.

Disclaimer: Written under the influence of a serious macro lager kick.

1.5/5  rDev -46.8%

4.75/5  rDev +68.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Miller High Life is a beer I used to drink often. like many folks, I switched to a Lite beer. After a few years of swilling various brands of light beer, I found myself at a place that sold out of Lite. So I ordered a High Life. Boy-oh-boy was it good. I had forgotten just how good a real beer tasted. Since I never drink more than two brews when I am driving, I always order Miller High Life now. "The Champagne of Bottled Beers", it is as true now as it ever was. it tastes like real beer.

2.85/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Tasted On: 04-06-2013
Freshness: Best by 04-08-2013
Packaging: 16 oz. can
Glassware: Shaker pint
Purchased: 4-pack from Kroger

A: Light golden color, with lots of bubbles streaming from the bottom. Head is nicely sized at 3+ fingers and sticks around well; lacing is fair.

S: Lightly sweet malt and corn aromas, plus some faint noble hop smells.

T: Taste is of semi-sweet grains but is light on flavor. No real hop presence or bitterness.

M: Crisp feel and very highly carbonated with a light body. The finish is grainy sweet.

O: For a macro lager and lawnmower beer I guess it's OK, but the flavor and other characteristics make this lackluster.

2.25/5  rDev -20.2%

4.06/5  rDev +44%

Miller High Life is probably my favorite american adjunct lager. It is one of the beers I always have on hand in my refrigerator.

Pours a pale yellow and with a decent head for an adjunct. I don't know why, but the aroma gets me every time, maybe a hint of corn in the smell. I really didn't drink this until my 30's.

The taste is good for a solid american lager. Not overpowering but it does have some taste. The carbonation is a bit on the high side and it does fit the 'High Life' name. Nice mouthfeel.

If I have one adjunct lager in my fridge, it's this one.

3.25/5  rDev +15.2%

4.75/5  rDev +68.4%

2.25/5  rDev -20.2%

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.