Miller High Life | Miller Brewing Co.

poor
good
Read the review
Miller High LifeMiller High Life

Ratings: 3,748 |  Reviews: 1,147

2.75/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.5/5  rDev -11.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.25/5  rDev -55.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.74/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

1.75/5  rDev -37.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

3.17/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

One of my three favorite macros. Wonderful ice cold on a hot day after a long day at work. Much prefer it in glass. Taste like sweet corn soda pop with a touch of six row and very little hops but so refreshing. Perfect for the style. I love the extreme rate of carbonation.

3.25/5  rDev +15.2%

2.76/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

2.75/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This is okay. Ice cold from a bottle iced down in a cooler on a summer day, it's a nice thirst-quencher.

3.03/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

4.47/5  rDev +58.5%

4.28/5  rDev +51.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

Look - Poured into pilsner glass. Pale clear straw in color. A finger of bubbly white head, quickly dissolves with no lacing.
Smell - Fresh corn, wonder bread, slight grass
Taste - Corn grits, crisp cracker like malt body, bready sweetness, slight grassy hop bitterness. Dry and clean finish.
Feel - Perfect for the style in my opinion. Light body, loads of carbonation bone dry finish. Thirst quenching.

Overall - My favorite American lager so far. So drinkable and has a a mild yet pleasing flavor. Snobs be damned this is a great beer.

2.12/5  rDev -24.8%

3.28/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.76/5  rDev -2.1%

12oz can into Mason Jar Glass
L- clear gold with ultra white head
S- sweet grain
T- sweet corn taste with slight fruitiness and a yeasty finish
F- light bodied and heavily carbonated
overall a AAL but one of the first beers i ever had, way back so I'll always have fond memories of this one

3.99/5  rDev +41.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

3.44/5  rDev +22%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I had a chance to try one of these again at a party, and it's the first time in years. I was fully prepared to hate it, but...

Appearance: Pours a pale yellow color with a white head that actually retained for a while and left some lacing.

Smell: Sweet, slightly hoppy (to my surprise) and the usual adjunct corn and grain. But not horrible.

Taste: Sweet, crisp and smooth. Better than I remember. It's definitely lighter and sweeter than the newer craft beers I'm used to, BUT...this isn't a horrible beer for the style at all. I can see why we drank this often in my younger days. It's just a light, slightly sweet, lager style...and VERY easy to drink.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery, but also crisp and sweet on the finish. A slight creaminess when swirled in the mouth before the swallow.

Overall: Much better than I remember. I wanted to hate it for being an America macro brew, but I was pleasantly surprised that I still liked it. I wasn't crazy all those years ago when this was my main "go to" beer in the late 70's and early 80's. I would actually have one again, especially ice cold in the summer. I might even grab a six pack now and then, for nostalgia's sake.

2.33/5  rDev -17.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

3.29/5  rDev +16.7%

3.09/5  rDev +9.6%

I'm just going to be honest here. It's cheap. But it doesn't taste quite as cheap as it actually is. If I'm having a few beers in the evening, I drink one of these between more expensive, better quality brews or homebrews. Makes the "good brews" last longer. Hell, most of us can't afford filet mignon every day.

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.