Miller High Life | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

1.74/5  rDev -35.3%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

2.56/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

A decent everyday beer. Looks appealing with a very clear and golden appearance. Not much flavor. Tastes light, smooth and very easy to drink. Excellent price ($3.50 for 4x16oz cans).

3.74/5  rDev +39%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

2.75/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.13/5  rDev +16.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

A very drinkable beer. I went with the big 32oz can on this one, I a afraid of beer in clear bottles. Poured into pint glass it has a tall foamy head that goes away in a few minutes and leaves just a little lacing. Golden in color with a few white bubbles hanging around. Smells like beer, American beer. Taste better than I expected. I would say it is better than Budweiser, Coors, and PBR . Very similar to MGD but not as good as Michelob. It is smooth and does not offend with corn and rice flavor. Overall a good offering if you want a cheap beer in a big ass can.

3.67/5  rDev +36.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

NOTE: I compare all other beers to Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale; there may be better out there, but many that are worse.
This gives a 2 finger head.
The color is a light straw.
The aroma is a nice malt with a touch of hops.
The taste is sweet but mild like a rice malt up front with a slight citrus/pine toward the back of the palate.
I detect a slight sourness, but no Bitterness mid palate with a hint of malt flavor.
Overall, this is NOT the Miller High Life my wife and I used to drink in college. This is not quite as crisp and refreshing as Sierra Nevada.

3.06/5  rDev +13.8%

12 oz clear bottle. Pale golden body with excellent clarity.
Medium - high carbonation.
Clean mild aroma and flavor. Malt forward flavor with more hops in the aroma.

3.38/5  rDev +25.7%

I had my first High Life with some friends on a front porch.

It's a "front porch beer"... complete with the smell of a bit of cigarette smoke and old wood. PBR is far too metallic in the aftertaste for me. I know it's the hipster-go-to, but honestly, a ton of the session-go-to-day-drinkers fail by being way too heavy on the sugar, and far too heavy on the hops.

High Life is a great, simple beer. Nothing complicated about it. For me, it's the best of the macros, and a ton of craft brewers could learn from its low hop bitterness, and refreshing taste.

I say this as a guy who's been drinking "craft" since Blue Moon was the closest thing to "craft" in my area.

Craft needs to go in a more refreshing direction, but until they do, High Life is my go-to.

Edit: This applies to bottles, only. For some reason, High Life is not that great from a can. Not sure why. Bottles.

2.54/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

2.37/5  rDev -11.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

1.87/5  rDev -30.5%

3.33/5  rDev +23.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I prefer MGD but this isn't so bad. It's drinkable.

3.75/5  rDev +39.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Miller High Life has a thick white head and the beer is golden in colour.

The aroma is sweet and there is a graininess that's present, although in a subtle way.

The taste is sweet, grain, some corn notes, too.

The beer is light bodied.

Overall, for the style, this is a good beer. It's great on a hot day. And it pairs well with pretty much anything.

I only wish this beer was available in Canada. We do get Genuine Draft, though.

2.52/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.9/5  rDev +45%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

I bought this as an attempt to try something new: mission accomplished!

Look: Looks like yellow beer, pleasant golden color.
Smell: It doesn't have a significant smell, but what i can smell (maybe I'm ill, my nose seems clogged up a little) isn't bad.
Taste: This is my favorite part about this beer, it tastes great to me! I particularly love the after-taste. Very mellow, but good.
Feel: Goes down smooth..altogether great feel.

Overall: I am currently enjoying this beer right now, and I will definitely buy one again in the future!

Before you can rate Miller High Life, you have to ask yourself a question. "Have you ever worked an honest day in your life?". I'm not talking about working at some organic co-op, comic book shop, or record store. No, I'm talking about swinging an 8 lb hammer for 16 hours in conditions one would compare to the depths of Hell! I'm talking about moving mountains with your bare hands! I'm talking about the kind of work that drove John Henry to his knees! If you can say in all honesty that you've worked that type of day, then by all means, rate away. There's something special about an ice cold Miller High Life after a day of taming the wilderness and pushing your body to its limit. Any MAN worth his salt will tell you there's only 1 score for God's chosen golden elixir, 5.

2.87/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

My comfort drink!

3.25/5  rDev +20.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

12 oz bottle with a date of 10/17/17 on the bottle.

Ah, the Champagne of Beers! The clear bottle doesn't do much to prevent it from skunking, but it makes for a cool presentation along with the retro label.

Straw colored with a frothy white head that dies slower than expected. Light grainy malt and sweet corn in the aroma and flavor. The smallest bit of spice kick at the end, helped out by strong carbonation. Light bodied, clean and drinkable.

My friend and I used to steal these out of his parents' fridge in high school along with Molson. Don't think too hard, this is a drinking beer. Just make sure it's ice cold, pop the cap and enjoy!

2.38/5  rDev -11.5%

3.12/5  rDev +16%

Seriously, this is as good and full flavored as an American macro lager gets (the bar is low people). Well made pilsner and adjunct beer. Clean pour, crisp taste, sweet pilsner flavor. While still just "drinking beer" it's not too shabby. Much better than Bud and MGD.

1.6/5  rDev -40.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

3.33/5  rDev +23.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Not sure what to say about this one. Yellow and fizzy, it's supposed to be a better version of an adjunct lager but I do not detect any qualities that would put it in that category. Just you run of the mill AAL.

1.87/5  rDev -30.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.69 out of 5 with 3,783 ratings