Miller High Life | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller High LifeMiller High Life

Added by BeerAdvocate on 09-20-2000

Ratings: 3,761 |  Reviews: 1,153
1.75/5  rDev -34.9%

2.78/5  rDev +3.3%

Had a couple of these to appease my friend last night.

A: High Life pours a perfectly clear, light golden color. There are plenty of tiny bubbles and a very fluffy white head. Which I always expect from the champagne of beers.

S: I usually don't expect too much when having an adjunct lager, and most of the time don't really even want to smell it. This beer has a very metallic smell along with some corn. It's not good, but it's not as bad as many.

T: Like the nose, there is a metallic character to this beer, at least initially. After that passes, there is a mix of actual grain/malt and corn. It again makes for a sensation that is not wonderful but not terrible either.

M: Probably my favorite part about High Life is the very effervescent feel of it on the tongue.

D: It's drinkable in the sense that AB advertises Bud Light to be: it's basically water. The flavors are very watered down, but that's what I expected.

3.5/5  rDev +30.1%

2.96/5  rDev +10%

The commercials for Miller High Life are awesome. The beer is not quite as good as the commercials, best way to describe it is servicable. The beer pours yellow/golden clear with big carbonation and bubblely head to start, then it fades. The smell and taste are common to all american adjunct lagers....wheat/barley/grain with balance of hops. The mouthfeel of this beer is fine....it beer....no out of the ordinary flavors to twangs. Overall its a good session beer.

2.71/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Served in a Lagunitas mason jar.

Gotta give my thoughts on one of my father's favorite beers. It pours a clear pale straw topped by over a finger of white froth. The nose comprises wispy lemon peel, lightly-funky wheat, wild rice, and hard water. The taste goes straight for hard water diluted with musty grain and the lightest bit of brown grass possible. The body is pretty light, with a moderate carbonation, a watery feel, and a crisp finish. Overall, a decidedly meek little beer, one that makes me wonder why straight tap water wouldn't be a better (and more thirst-quenching) option.

2.42/5  rDev -10%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.53/5  rDev -43.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The champagne of beers, well okay mabye that's pushing it just a bit, but I will say this it's one of the best shittiest beers around. I know that's a contradiction but for the price and being a college student I will live the High Life. Cmon this is a classic beer, hell I even contemplated making it my 100th. It pours a true golden color, already better than budweiser. I will say this is a fizzy golden beer with a highly carbonated get ready to belch foaming head she even leaves somewhat of a decent lace. The aroma is slightly vegetable with a lot of grainy adjunct ridden flow going on here. Not repulsive not complex, it's just beer at it's most simple macro light American lager form. A great crisp sweetness that is balanced by some hop bitterness to form one simple yet classic taste. Miller High Life is a beer worth a try, and when there is other beers attempting to be good around that aren't, I always go back to the High Life because it knows it's not a good beer. Refreshing with a creamy smooth mouthfeel that forms a foamy mustache on me, I love this brew along with the girl on the moon. You can drink this stuff all night it is meant to be swill, and there is no off flavors here or bad hangovers. So, for the style I give it my thumbs up!!!

2.75/5  rDev +2.2%

Grabbed this out of the macro haven that is my father-in-law's beer fridge.

I drank it out of the can because that's how things are done at the in-laws.

It was a crisp, smooth beer that was a little heavily carbonated. It was easy to drink, but lacked overall flavor. The smell coming from the can was grainy and metallic. The flavor was also grainy, a little sweet, but had some decent hop bitterness to it.

This is by no means a bad beer, and in fact I chose it over about 6 other macros. Ultimately though, it lacks substance.

2.25/5  rDev -16.4%

1.75/5  rDev -34.9%

Miller High Life from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.69 out of 5 with 3,761 ratings