Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 LemonadeMiller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade

Style: Light Lager

Availability: Summer

Added by woodychandler on 04-19-2011

3.22/5  rDev +83%

Appearance: Nothing particularly beery about this. Basically lemonade with some bubbles. Very syrupy.

Smell: Lots of lemon with a bit of grassy freshness in the back. This basically overpowers the faint hop smell.

Taste/Mouthfeel: You know what. I'll be damned and can admit that this stuff doesn't taste bad at all. It is lightyears better than MGD 64 without the lemon. That stuff just tastes like vinegar. This definitely tastes a bit chemically, but when doesn't lemonade when it's not fresh squeeze? Mouthfeel is pretty good up until a soapy, sugary feel at the finish, but overall good.

Drinkability: Low alcohol and lemonade make this like juice. Wish it had more beer qualities.

Overall: I generally don't bash macro experiments like this on principle. These guys actually put something enjoyable together for the hot summer.

3.2/5  rDev +81.8%

I was at my nieces birthday party and it was hot as blazes, so I gave this a shot. It was served to me in an ice cold 12 oz bottle.

A) It is a hazy to foggy yellow. I was unable to assess the head as it was consumed directly from the bottle. I am guessing that had I poured this out into a pint, it wouldn't have much to write home about.

S) I inhaled deeply from the top of the bottle. I did not detect any smell that one would associate with a beer. It smelt sweet, kind of like Kool Aid Lemonade.

T) I tell ya, this stuff ain't that bad. It's kind of like a watered down radler.

M) This is so light, not overly carbonated IMO. The finish is fine, especially if you like sugary lemonade.

O) Perhaps I had this beer at just the right time. We were under a heat advisory today. It was in the mid 90's and the air was so thick, I mean it was rainforest humid. This beer served ice cold on a hot summer day, with it's minuscule 2.8% ABV is not the worst case scenario.

3.19/5  rDev +81.3%

was at the social club decide to try something different. smell a bit of lemon but the alt sweetner takes over. taste seems like75% lemonade 25% beer
it goes down very well, its a good for a very humid day like today.
not a bad hybrid compared to other flavored beers

3.1/5  rDev +76.1%

Thanks for sharing this rare tick, Jake.

A: This pours a pale but very fluorescent yellow with no head to speak of.

S: Lives up to the billing with a big dose of lemons and sugar--lemonade. Sort of watery with a bit of a dish soap aroma to it.

T: Things are pretty much the same on the palate. Sugar, candied lemon, and water. Very mild soapiness to it. A subtle tartness lingers on the tongue.

M: Light as can be on the palate with surprisingly low carbonation.

O: This really isn't bad at all. Pretty much just tastes like sweet lemonade.

2.94/5  rDev +67%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Apparently this is back for the summer. Neighborhood blocn party random.

Look - Drank directly from the bottle. Super clear yellowish golden hue with a frothy cap atop.

Smell - Mostly the mikes hard lemonade esque factor with some grain and a minimal adjunct.

Taste - As stated in the nose.

Feel - Light and highly carbonated. Swallows easy as can be.

Overall -Miller lite and its lower abv brethren have always been the least offensive light lagers on the market. You can get them cheap and pound a fifteen pack like clockwork without having to worry about a headache. This accomplished what it set out for.

2.9/5  rDev +64.8%

Beer is yellow and cloudy with a small white head with very little lacing

The smell is very sweet with a hint of lemon.Kind of skunky smelling to be honest

The taste isn't so bad.Pretty sweet with a hint of lemon..not overkill with the lemon flavor, unlike Miller Chill where you get blasted with lime (which i like)..this is more subtle. The beer itself wasn't as bad as i expected.

Mouthfeel was Ok. Lots of carbonation and a bit of an after taste though.

Could easily put back a few of these on a hot day, though i wouldn't go out of my way to find it or possibly buy it again.

2.75/5  rDev +56.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Just not very good, lacks depth

2.68/5  rDev +52.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

With half of the beer comprised of another beverage, the lemondade additions completely dominate the beer. Perhaps the perfect beer for those who don't like beer.

Pouring a diffused haze of straw and yellow, the beer actually carries a decent white head of foam and froath that offers a bit of sticky lace. A much better appearance than I expect from an adjunct-heavy lager.

All sweet lemons/lemonade with sugary scent and grain. Low on hops, zilch on ester, no spice, and light sulfur, the beer only houses slight glimpses of beer behind the dominance of lemon drop candies.

Flavors are much the same- a schizophrenic mix of grainy alcohol and lemonade seem disjointed and poorly integrated. Very light malty/grainy flavors with yeasty sulfur and a bit of herbal hop/alcohol taste are hardly detectable behind the viel of sugary lemon candy beverages that seem to be well suited for children. Not so refreshing, rather candied to satisfy the sweet tooths.

Light but the sugary impression seems to give the beer a bit more body, however on the sugary side of things- pushing it well beyond what beers do best. Mildly refreshing and tacky sweet (kinda cola-like) in finish, the beer just doesn't seem beer-like in texture.

In fact, this lemon infused beer is difficult to review because the additions of lemonade is so dominant that it makes me want to review it as a lemonade and not a beer. This dwarfs the timid beer attributes to the point of poor recognition. Might as well be the case since the base beer is poor to start.

2.63/5  rDev +49.4%

Pour a pretty clear clean golden with a decent inch and one half head that dies into a alright lacing.

Lemonade maybe lemonade flavor tea smell, no malt, no hops, no grains, no yeast, just lemonade aroma.

Taste is lemonade, not a good lemonade, maybe something I'd make if you gave me some of those cheap lemonade packets.

I was a little confused about this being sold as a beer, seems more like one of those Seagram's coolers without a kick. When I drink beer I think I'll have to stick to beer.

But on the up side I think I could go through about a dozen of these mowing the lawn on a hot hot summers day. Problem with that is at 2.8% ABV I'd drink a 12 pack spent the same money as buying 5.5% ABV and not have even a buzz to thank for it.

The reason I rated this a little better than most is I like lemonade, and I think that is what they were aiming for, and I know a few people that hate the taste of beers like Budweiser, Coors, etc, and this would be something they could drink and not gag that a local grocery store might sell.
Lord knows they don't cater to people that like specialty or micro brews.

2.53/5  rDev +43.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12oz bottle into my 12oz beer glass, saw the commercial, heard it had a cloudy appearance, a few appeared in my fridge during a recent family gathering, and I'll admit my curiosity, so here we go...

Appearance - It poured about a half finger of white head, which dissipated completely in a minute. Beer is a cloudy yellow, somewhat "312-ish", I like the appearance of this beer in a glass, just wish there were some head retention.
*I had a couple more after this, and a "hard pour" will get you about 2 fingers of head, and a cap that remains.

Smell - From the bottle and the glass, lemon. Not citrusy, strictly lemon, and some sweetness, it is exactly like smelling lemonade.

Taste - If you like lemonade, you will love this. The flavor is definitely lemon, and there is definitely some sweetness there. Please note that the lemon and sweetness are artificial, meaning it has been added to the beer, it is not flavor imparted from the brewing process. Take this into account before tasting or reviewing.

Mouthfeel - Lite mouthfeel, lots of crisp carbonation - the added flavors make for a nicer mouthfeel than a regular mgd 64. High drinkability, easy to chug one down to quench your thirst after mowing the lawn.

Overall - Here again I'm not going to fail this beer because of it's inferiority to a good microbrew - for a lemonade flavored 64 calorie lite beer, and this is exactly how it's advertised, I kinda like this. I'm also a big fan of sugar free lemonade mixes, and this likely helps. In fact, if you were to add lemonade crystal light to an mgd 64, and I'm guessing that this is nearly what was done - that is exactly the taste. If semi-sweet lemonade and lite beer sounds thirst quenching, then try this for sure. If you do not like lemonade, then do not try this.

2.5/5  rDev +42%

2.49/5  rDev +41.5%

Bad beer Thursdays returns. Beer is yellow and really hazy with a white head of small and large bubbles. Some lacing moderate carbonation.

Aroma is really gross. Highly vegetal. Sweet and strong. Very off-putting.

The taste is better than the aroma. Sweet and salty almost with a mild lemon flavor. The finish has a mild grainy finish. The overall beer was not as bad as I expected.

2.35/5  rDev +33.5%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Aroma and flavor is artificial lemonade, grains/malts and a sweet/tart finish. Not bad really, the artificial lemonade flavor kind of did it in, though.

2.25/5  rDev +27.8%

2.24/5  rDev +27.3%

When I saw this in the singles cooler at my local, I figured that I would be the perfect Guinea Pig, especially after the recent thread ( http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3704098 ) about how awful it is supposed to be. I am getting to be like the hippies - I'll try anything once, man.

My aggro pour netted me just over a finger of fluffy bone-white head that fell faster than Skylab. Color was a very cloudy lemon-yellow. It is a fresh bottle (Best by date of Jul 10/18 (?) - a little smudged), so I assume this is what it is supposed to look like. Nose had a pungent lemon tartness to it. Mouthfeel was thin and fizzy to the point that I felt like I was drinking pop. The flavor was way too sweet for my liking. It tasted more like lemon candy than "natural lemon flavor" as noted on the label. I was hoping for something much more tart, but this was more towards alcopop. Finish was lingeringly sweet with a strange chemical aftertaste. Better living through chemistry? Not in this case! I did not come away with buyer's remorse, but I was close to it.

2.2/5  rDev +25%

A- Very light yellow with a slight haze. Tons of effervesce support a 1/4 finger head.

S- Mostly smells like artifical lemonade from a mix with very faint hints of malt far off in the back ground.

T- Just like what you'd expect, a cross between a bland inoffensive light beer and artifical lemonade. On the plus side there's no off flavors to speak off and it finishes rather clean.

M- Very light and spritzy. Carbonation is high but not harsh.

O- If you hate beer, but wanna drink a "beer" then this is for you. However if you really like real beer, then stay away. I dislike it less than the regular MGD 64, but that isn't saying much. This beer is the equivalent of adding a ton of salt to bad food to make it bearable.

2.18/5  rDev +23.9%

I just had to. Pours a cloudy straw yellow with a white head with big bubbles, yet sticky lacing encapsulates the glass, not unlike the legendary High Life in perplexing head webbing. I wonder what they add to this to get the cloudy appearance as well. Aroma mostly consists of Pledge-like lemony scents, maybe a hint of "beer" behind it, not much. Hey, this could still be refreshing. Tastes cold and fizzy... artificial lemon flavor, though milder than might be expected, very watery, some limited bitterness that might possibly remind one of beer, low levels of sweetness, much less than I anticipated. The flavor lacks beerness and is mostly just a mild lemon dish soap type of drink. Not much going on, though I am glad they went with a somewhat clean finish and didn't end up with a cloying sweetened one. Feel, as mentioned, is fizzy, very light. This is mostly fizz and pretend lemon, but it is pretty subtle and not so much objectionable as it is just a waste of time.

2.12/5  rDev +20.5%

This beer was handed to me by a friend who said that he was kind of impressed by the liquid inside the bottle. Since I'm willing to try just about any beer, I figured I'd give it a shot. The color is a chalky yellow color the head was foamy and settles quickly. The smell of the beer was pretty decent actually. Had a hefty amount of lemon on the nose obviously, the aroma didn't seem forced. The taste was like drinking a lemon flavored soda. It was pretty sweet but the malts kind of mellowed it out just a bit. The flavor wasn't too bad but I wouldn't want a whole lot of them. The mouthfeel was very light, like a club soda in most ways. Overall it's drinkable, I was expecting a much worse beer. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it but I would probably drink it again if I happen to see it at a picnic or something.

2.03/5  rDev +15.3%

Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade from Miller Brewing Co.