Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade | Miller Brewing Co.

poor

Style: Light Lager

Availability: Summer

Added by woodychandler on 04-19-2011

2.12/5  rDev +5.5%

This beer was handed to me by a friend who said that he was kind of impressed by the liquid inside the bottle. Since I'm willing to try just about any beer, I figured I'd give it a shot. The color is a chalky yellow color the head was foamy and settles quickly. The smell of the beer was pretty decent actually. Had a hefty amount of lemon on the nose obviously, the aroma didn't seem forced. The taste was like drinking a lemon flavored soda. It was pretty sweet but the malts kind of mellowed it out just a bit. The flavor wasn't too bad but I wouldn't want a whole lot of them. The mouthfeel was very light, like a club soda in most ways. Overall it's drinkable, I was expecting a much worse beer. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it but I would probably drink it again if I happen to see it at a picnic or something.

2.68/5  rDev +33.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

With half of the beer comprised of another beverage, the lemondade additions completely dominate the beer. Perhaps the perfect beer for those who don't like beer.

Pouring a diffused haze of straw and yellow, the beer actually carries a decent white head of foam and froath that offers a bit of sticky lace. A much better appearance than I expect from an adjunct-heavy lager.

All sweet lemons/lemonade with sugary scent and grain. Low on hops, zilch on ester, no spice, and light sulfur, the beer only houses slight glimpses of beer behind the dominance of lemon drop candies.

Flavors are much the same- a schizophrenic mix of grainy alcohol and lemonade seem disjointed and poorly integrated. Very light malty/grainy flavors with yeasty sulfur and a bit of herbal hop/alcohol taste are hardly detectable behind the viel of sugary lemon candy beverages that seem to be well suited for children. Not so refreshing, rather candied to satisfy the sweet tooths.

Light but the sugary impression seems to give the beer a bit more body, however on the sugary side of things- pushing it well beyond what beers do best. Mildly refreshing and tacky sweet (kinda cola-like) in finish, the beer just doesn't seem beer-like in texture.

In fact, this lemon infused beer is difficult to review because the additions of lemonade is so dominant that it makes me want to review it as a lemonade and not a beer. This dwarfs the timid beer attributes to the point of poor recognition. Might as well be the case since the base beer is poor to start.

1.74/5  rDev -13.4%

"Light Beer with natural lemon flavor and Sucralose"
"Light Beer" printed in script on the label.

Murky hazed straw gold, pretty much what you'd expect color-wise. Sticky white foam that laces the pint glass surprisingly. Slow trails of carbonation visible. Head takes a few minutes to fade. Swirling produces that "swarm of angry bees" type carbonation under the surface.

Artificial lemonhead candy sweetener scent, behind that there's a weird synthetic saccharin smell. Something ain't right here.

Tastes like watered down lemonade koolaid, or if you took some lemonheads candy and swirled it in an MGD 64 until they dissolved. Hollow feel, utterly bland with sweet lemon candy skidmarks. Filmy artificial sweetener slickness that leaves an unnatural coating on the tongue.

Taste... what taste? Water-diluted lemonheads, splash of MGD 64, packet of Splenda... aka SUCRALOSE (wtf? this is actually on the label) = MGD 64 Lemonade. Save money and make your own at home, with the recipe listed above.

This is merely a feeble attempt by Miller to "compete" with Leine's Summer Shandy.
Thanks Sebastian for the bonus beer, i'd never buy this.

2.63/5  rDev +30.8%

Pour a pretty clear clean golden with a decent inch and one half head that dies into a alright lacing.

Lemonade maybe lemonade flavor tea smell, no malt, no hops, no grains, no yeast, just lemonade aroma.

Taste is lemonade, not a good lemonade, maybe something I'd make if you gave me some of those cheap lemonade packets.

I was a little confused about this being sold as a beer, seems more like one of those Seagram's coolers without a kick. When I drink beer I think I'll have to stick to beer.

But on the up side I think I could go through about a dozen of these mowing the lawn on a hot hot summers day. Problem with that is at 2.8% ABV I'd drink a 12 pack spent the same money as buying 5.5% ABV and not have even a buzz to thank for it.

The reason I rated this a little better than most is I like lemonade, and I think that is what they were aiming for, and I know a few people that hate the taste of beers like Budweiser, Coors, etc, and this would be something they could drink and not gag that a local grocery store might sell.
Lord knows they don't cater to people that like specialty or micro brews.

2.24/5  rDev +11.4%

When I saw this in the singles cooler at my local, I figured that I would be the perfect Guinea Pig, especially after the recent thread ( http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3704098 ) about how awful it is supposed to be. I am getting to be like the hippies - I'll try anything once, man.

My aggro pour netted me just over a finger of fluffy bone-white head that fell faster than Skylab. Color was a very cloudy lemon-yellow. It is a fresh bottle (Best by date of Jul 10/18 (?) - a little smudged), so I assume this is what it is supposed to look like. Nose had a pungent lemon tartness to it. Mouthfeel was thin and fizzy to the point that I felt like I was drinking pop. The flavor was way too sweet for my liking. It tasted more like lemon candy than "natural lemon flavor" as noted on the label. I was hoping for something much more tart, but this was more towards alcopop. Finish was lingeringly sweet with a strange chemical aftertaste. Better living through chemistry? Not in this case! I did not come away with buyer's remorse, but I was close to it.

3.1/5  rDev +54.2%

Thanks for sharing this rare tick, Jake.

A: This pours a pale but very fluorescent yellow with no head to speak of.

S: Lives up to the billing with a big dose of lemons and sugar--lemonade. Sort of watery with a bit of a dish soap aroma to it.

T: Things are pretty much the same on the palate. Sugar, candied lemon, and water. Very mild soapiness to it. A subtle tartness lingers on the tongue.

M: Light as can be on the palate with surprisingly low carbonation.

O: This really isn't bad at all. Pretty much just tastes like sweet lemonade.

1.25/5  rDev -37.8%

1.86/5  rDev -7.5%

Served in a Dogfish Head shaped pint glass.

I heard they were taking this off the market; then I found a couple sixers at Jewel. I had to grab some. Damn, these guys know how to advertise... Anyway, it pours a lightly hazy pale golden straw topped by a finger of nearly-off white foam. The nose comprises fake lemon (sorta like an Italian ice made partially of plastic), very light wheat, and hard water. The taste really doesn't wanna change things up, though the lemon is now even more fake, as though Windex came out with a lemon version. Boo. The body is pretty damn light, with a heavy moderate carbonation and a watery feel. Overall, a sad little beer. I can understand them taking this off the market, as it does suck pretty badly and has me yearning for a Mike's Hard Lemonade or something.

1.75/5  rDev -12.9%

2.49/5  rDev +23.9%

Bad beer Thursdays returns. Beer is yellow and really hazy with a white head of small and large bubbles. Some lacing moderate carbonation.

Aroma is really gross. Highly vegetal. Sweet and strong. Very off-putting.

The taste is better than the aroma. Sweet and salty almost with a mild lemon flavor. The finish has a mild grainy finish. The overall beer was not as bad as I expected.

1.33/5  rDev -33.8%
look: 1 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Wow, this looks like shit. I mean, there's the urine joke with some of these macros, but this really looks like that cloudy piss that Outkast jokes about keeping the dude from getting a job with the post office.

Artificial superficial candy lemon aroma. Its not gag inducing at least.

Taste is utterly deplorable it is so bad. Its definitely not a shandy, despite the lemon and beer together at last vibe. Absolutely nothing beyond the water that you would think belongs in the beer family.

This is an even shittier malternative beverage. Every variety of four loko is more preferable. So much lemon candy vibe unfortunately.

1.77/5  rDev -11.9%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Saw this on the singles shelf at Liquor Barn, figured I'd give it a try since I'm pretty sure I will never buy a 6 pack of it. 12 ounce bottle, best by date of July 25, 2011 printed on the bottle. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a hazy straw gold color with a small white head that went away quickly. Small bit of lacing left on the glass. The brew smells like lemon candy, but not fresh lemons or lemonade. Doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't smell good either. However, the taste is not good at all. It tastes like bad watery diet lemon soda with a weird diet cola-like bittersweet aftertaste. Mouthfeel/body is light, it's somewhat watery and is well carbonated. It's also a bit coating. I felt like I was drinking a really bad diet cola and not a beer. I can't imagine this product staying on the market very long, I don't think even hardcore BMC light beer drinkers would enjoy this very much. I finished my bottle, but I can't say I liked it.

2.35/5  rDev +16.9%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Aroma and flavor is artificial lemonade, grains/malts and a sweet/tart finish. Not bad really, the artificial lemonade flavor kind of did it in, though.

1.24/5  rDev -38.3%

Wow, what is that color? Some weird combo of flourescent yellow with hazy antifreeze. Head or lacing? Ya gotsta be kiddin' up in here. Weird sugary lemon drop aroma, but mostly sugar, doesn't smell anything like beer.

Doesn't taste anything like beer. Jeez, its not really like lemonade either. I think they just grabbed that Tampico fruit drink and poured it together with some High Life Light. Tastes like neither lemons nor beer.

This stuff sucks. Glad I bought a 6 pack, now that this is discontinued, bam, major whale. Don't be looking up this review when I try and trade this to you for a vertical of BCS or Eclipse.

1.25/5  rDev -37.8%

1.05/5  rDev -47.8%

I even poured this into a wine glass. Served to me at my dentists house. Cheap fuck.

A: neon yellow. No foam. No lace. Hazy like turbid piss. Think uti.

S: lemon and manure. Can't really say much else. Maybe some cheap glade floral candle.

T: wow. Soooo sweet. Jesus. Like artificial sugar and fake lemon ad some vanilla. Gross.

M: thin and water. Lo carb. Syrupy finish.

O: fetid fecal fluid.

1.43/5  rDev -28.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1.75

2.5/5  rDev +24.4%

Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 Lemonade from Miller Brewing Co.