Mickey's | Miller Brewing Co.

poor

2.7

Ratings: 1,276 |  Reviews: 346

3.25/5  rDev +20.4%

2.6/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.25/5  rDev -16.7%

1.75/5  rDev -35.2%

1.55/5  rDev -42.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

12 oz. grenade bottle, with best by date on the side August 12. 2013. Didn't really realize that this was a Miller product, although it hardly surprises me. No abv listed anywhere on the bottle. Have had this beer before and while it isn't the greatest, I've got some fond memories of drinking this stuff at parties back in the day, though.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours a pretty damn thin crystal clear yellow water color, with some carbonation visible. One finger of bone white head. I should have left it in the bottle. Some thin wispy lacing.

S - Cheap dusty malts & some corn adjuncts.

T - Taste is the same. Cheap malt, corn adjuncts, and wet cardboard / newspaper. Definitely should have left this in the bottle.

M - Feel is watery and papery, somewhat sticky.

Overall, a beer that is best enjoyed straight from the bottle, ice cold, preferably after you've already drunk yourself into a stupor, and a beer that is mainly bought for the novelty factor. Probably also best if you enjoy this beer quickly, and get it over with as fast as possible.

Mickey's ---1.5/5

1.25/5  rDev -53.7%

3.27/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

I've had this a time or two before, and consider it the best malt liquor available in my area. Today we finally had a nice day, and a tall boy of Mickey's seemed just the ticket....I pour it into a sampler and put the rest in the fridge to keep it cold. Otherwise, you have to drink it down pretty fast, before it gets too warm...

You have to pour carefully, because it produces a tall, billowy head even when ice cold. (I suppose it's not meant to be poured). The head sticks to the glass and will stay there until washed away. The color is pale golden. I smell grain, corn mash, and a hint of hops. The taste is smooth, but with much more flavor than typical adjunct brew, with a slight hop bitterness in the aftertaste, along with a slight bit of citrus and alcohol.

In my opinion, this is the smoothest and most flavorful malt liquor available in my area. I like to carry one of these around uptown Butte on St. Patrick's Day, or pick up a tall boy at my local convenience store on a hot day, while painting or mowing the lawn.

4.77/5  rDev +76.7%

Really liked this beer. Very flavorable I can appreciate. Not like other high rated beers that have a very tart taste. Bought the 40oz bottle just to try. Thought I'd taste then throw it out. The price was so low. Wrong!!! Just the right amount @ 40 oz. and a flavor I enjoy.

1.25/5  rDev -53.7%

2.25/5  rDev -16.7%

3.5/5  rDev +29.6%

Mickey's from Miller Brewing Co.