Miller Genuine Draft 64 | Miller Brewing Co.

Miller Genuine Draft 64Miller Genuine Draft 64

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 14 | Ratings: 284
1.88/5  rDev +25.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Been holding off reviewing this one because I was going back and forth on considering it a straight up light beer, which I rated it as. It is jut below poor and at the high end of terrible. It is extremely watery and flat tasting. If I were to rank it as a low calorie brew and solely as such, I would rank it at about 2.5. Halfway between poor and average

1.52/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.75

Look - very pale/clear.

Smell - you ever smell a used beer can that you found on the ground when you were a kid? That's what this smells like.

Taste - fizzy and watery. It literally is reminiscent of tonic water or soda. Very carbonated.

Feel - worse than the taste or the smell is the feel. It's so bubbly and carbonated on your pallette it feels like a Sprite.

Overall - look, any beer that has it's caloric intake in it's name wasn't made to be good. If you're on a diet that restricts how many calories you consume this is a decent replacement for a regular light beer (Miller lite, Bud light, Coors light). The reviews of those beers will let you know you're just substituting terrible beers with a really watered down terrible beer though.

2.36/5  rDev +57.3%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Had one at the golf course, and while it wasn't that great it was better than I thought it would be--good enough, I feel for a short review. So here's the review:

Pretty much indistinguishable from Miller Lite.

That's sort of impressive, considering its caloric lightness (which in beers such as Michelob Ultra and the other Miller 64 create a weird aroma that's like dirty socks). Grainy start, and a hoppy finish that is light but still discernibly hoppy. Totally drinkable.

2.14/5  rDev +42.7%

Super straw yellow color, the usual mixture of a ton of a water and very little barley. Flimsy white head props up and hits the bricks right quick. Aroma of almost nothing.

Taste of almost nothing. Highly carbonated and watery. On the plus side, you can drink this and hydrate, without worrying about the water quality from some 3rd world shithole if you come across this abroad.

I guess there are no off flavors, so in terms of taste you can't dock it too hard, but mouth feel, jeez, its overly carbonated water that had some shitty beer spilled into it.

1.92/5  rDev +28%

Bottle poured to pint glass very cold beer
Appearance: Light yellow, big white foam
Aroma: scent smell of malt, nothing else
Taste: not really great, watery
Mouth feel: very carbonated
Overall: good beer, repeat: no look for: no
drank:

1.28/5  rDev -14.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

It's awful. I don't know why I'm even rating it. It can only be beat by Genesee Light, Milwaukee's Best Light, and Kirkland Signature Light. It's just bad.

1.27/5  rDev -15.3%

This was like water in every aspect. MGD is already pretty sketchy. If I want a beer, then I'll have beer. If I want water, I'll have water. Palest straw color. No aroma. Barely any taste. Felt like water.

1.77/5  rDev +18%

This CANQuest (tm) originally took place on 05-09-2010.

Another one that I CANnot believe that I have not reviewed previously. Anything in support of the CANQuest, I suppose.

First, let me say that when this first hit the market back in the late-1980's, I was a HUGE fan in its unleaded version. Regular was much better then its High Life counterpart and this beat Lite six ways to and on Sunday. After I toured the Miller plant in MKE for the first time, in 1992, I was hooked. Today? Let's see ...

From the outset, it had both similarities and contrasts with its leaded version (MGD). I got a nice couple of fingers of bone-white head with lousy retention. Samey-same. Color was a paler shade of golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity. Close to samey-same. Nose was still filled with adjuncts, especially corn, but not as prevalent. Pretty much samey-same. Mouthfeel was watery and there was not any real taste. It was so innocuous as to wonder why bother. Finish was mighty tasteless, stripped of any fabric of beer. Colored water. Feh. I might as well have had some water. At least my caloric intake was low. Sheesh.

This one's badge/patch may now be in jeopardy.

1.77/5  rDev +18%

Picked this and a can of Bud Select 55 up at a gas station for .50 Cents a piece. Any time I find a beer I haven't had, Even an adjunct, at such a low price, I buy it. Diamonds in the rough do exist.

Look - Drank from the can so I wouldn't know.

Smell - Not much. Metallic and grainy.

Taste - Not THAT bad. Cereal grains and a touch of grape with a slightly bready finish.

Feel - Light watery body with flat carbonation.

Overall - Why bother.

1.17/5  rDev -22%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

As if MGD isn't bad enough, they introduce Miller Lite. As if Miller Lite isn't bad enough, they create this abomination, which is to beers what the McNugget is to cuisine.

Pours a pale yellow, hydrated urine color, just like most AAL's. Very little head without an aggressive pour, and even the head you do get is wasted beer. No lacing or head retention to speak of. Smells like metal shavings and a bit of hay. Tastes like it looks: hydrated urine. Finishes heavily carbonated. Terrible beer. Absolutely terrible. Not recommended.

1.15/5  rDev -23.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

This pours a light clear golden with small white head. Aroma of nasty corn and hay, skunk. Flavor follows--if you can call it flavor--with watered down hay and a finish that can only be described by me as vomit. The mouthfeel is of course light with plenty of carbonation. This is mostly inoffensive until it finishes where it seriously induces gagging from me. Not sure what it is about this one but I avoid at all costs.

1.02/5  rDev -32%

I'm not sure I would call this beer. Maybe beer flavored water? I would normally write a review with more of a description of the beer, but I don't think this beer deserves such a write up. Suffice it to say that the appearance is nothing to get excited about, and this is the thinnest, wateriest beer I have had since trying low alcohol beers. With a "beer" like this, what is the point? You may as well have a glass of water.

1.27/5  rDev -15.3%

Tastes like water, almost no alcohol content. It was pretty cheap at $9 for a 12er of bottles, but it is a pointless buy, unless maybe your DD wants to have a few drinks. I certainly will not buy this ever again. In fact, I'm heading out now to the liquor store to pick up something different right now.

1.26/5  rDev -16%

This is beer? It's more like a lightly flavored water. Thin, watery mouthfeel with basically no taste. This stuff is far on the fringe of what I am willing to call beer. Everything that makes it beer has been removed to get the calorie count down. Taste is missing in action, watery, bland. Overall a non-"beer", most NA beers I have had are more flavorful than this one.

Miller Genuine Draft 64 from Miller Brewing Co.