Icehouse Edge | Miller Brewing Co.

poor

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by daliandragon on 07-29-2012

1.73/5  rDev -29.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

In theory, this should be an improvement on Icehouse. They took the base beer and created more alcohol. Perhaps one might call it a Double American Adjunct Lager. Unfortunately, the adjunct grains that were in the original still make up the taste. The aftertaste is dry and slightly bitter. The high level of carbonation carves out any sweetness pretty quickly. In terms of Icehouse, I don't need this in my life any more than the regular.

2.69/5  rDev +9.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.5

2.77/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.1/5  rDev -14.6%

2.71/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.27/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2

Aroma has mostly corn, but also some caramel. Flavor's quite bland; pretty much just neutral sweet. Body is ok. Finish is like flavor and boozy. Can't think of more than one reason to have more than one of these.

2.86/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

I fancy myself a bit of a connoisseur of the Malt Liquors. So when I found this beauty in a small supermarket I had to get it. Unlike a good number of her brethren this beer is much more enjoyable. Dark color and full flavor belie a daring drinkability without the hairspray overtones her sister carry. On a serious note if you are looking for a micro brew with hops galore find another beer.

2.5/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.37/5  rDev +37%

My old beer OE 800 40oz sliped through my hand and fell on my toe. As I hopped in pain I fell through my trailer floor. As I bottomed out waist deep in old seventies harvest gold vynal flooring. Then realizing in horror my soft landing was due to crushing a gaggle of feral kittens that had made the crawl space their home. I realized then it was time to downsize from 40oz. I still would not recommend this 24oz falling on a toe. Especially in flip flops. This wonderful beer has a penchant for buggery. Is wonderful warm with a straw. Pairs nicely with burning Chor Boy with a hint of Crack.

1.51/5  rDev -38.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.84/5  rDev +15.4%

I didn't buy this to get drunk . . . It's not about that for me. It's about keepin' $#!+ real son ! For real though. This is not a good beer. It tastes like regular Icehouse with a shot of vodka thrown in. Or . . . If you want you can consider it a vodka barrel aged adjunct lager. That might be your thing son.

2.11/5  rDev -14.2%

If you're like me and your'e broke as hell but still want to go get drunk this is the thing. It's cheap as hell, it's got a good abv, but it tastes like someone took a half decent beer and poured sugar in it. So hey, you get what you pay for I suppose.

3.94/5  rDev +60.2%

3 for 3 bucks in west Lebanon New Hampshire. Hell no sales tax neither. This reminds me of 99 cent oil cans of labatts. Best deal in town. I think hurricane is moor beery as this is sweeter. Goes down smooth . And I love the 3 for 3 bargain!!

2.58/5  rDev +4.9%

2.98/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

(24 oz can, left out for about 10 minutes before opening, poured into a Chouffe tulip)

L: ultra-clear, light yellow-gold liquid, shade of amber on the edges... the foam is a tad spongy, actually taking a few seconds to collapse

S: wet pennies, phantom whiff of moderately toasty cornbread crumbs... dried honey crust shavings and the faintest of floral notes... to be honest, it almost smells like it was fermented with an ale yeast... no real boozy notes and fairly worty, with little intensity

T: hmm, uhhh, jeez... certainly tastes like its an ale, too (at first)... unmistakably sweeter than almost all of the other malt liquors I've had - I like a little sweetness in a malt-forward beer, but this is a bit much... hint of ash in the finish, in which the dryness sticks out more than the lot probably because 1) how sweet the initial pop is and 2) it seems truly quite sharp and dry... very quiet booze and spice on the follow through, but this taste is overall pretty one-dimensional... sweetness lingers

F: moderate roll-y blob on the palate with each sip, though it poofs out pretty darn dry right away... the thicker core body is something I would generally dig in other strong styles, but with these flavors, it's not a delectable combo... it's much like what a dubbel or quad should feel like

O: strange mixed feelings with this... it's not something I will endeavor to finish an entire can of again (but I did here!)... it's pretty much all caramel with burnt, corny ends, and an arguably sugary residual aftertaste... they can do better than this... it certainly sticks out among the bunch and I'm sure it has a special place in many a sweet-tooth drunks' hearts

1.23/5  rDev -50%

If you're going to try it I can't stop you. It's nasty the worst beer I have ever had the misfortune to consume. It has a weird sweetness to it, almost artificial. Takes like oatmeal with a lot of alcohol. No amount of hops an cover the nastiness of this beer.

1.92/5  rDev -22%

1.59/5  rDev -35.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

2.17/5  rDev -11.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

16 oz. can - Best by Jan 04 16 stamped on bottom:

Pours golden with a fluffy white head. Trailing lace slides down the glass with minimal sticking.

The smell is of grain, raw alcohol and some husk.

The taste is very sweet - cooked veggies - raw alcohol.

It has a slick, rather unpleasant feel, though not too fizzy for the style. Booze lingers on tongue.

This one is rough, and too sweet, even for the style and cheap price. But, there are worse malt liquors out there.

2.75/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This is a really bad tasting beer I don't recommend would prefer 211 or hurricane or natty daddy

2.46/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Icehouse Edge from Miller Brewing Co.