Icehouse Edge | Miller Brewing Co.

poor
Icehouse EdgeIcehouse Edge

Miller Brewing Co.
Wisconsin, United States
millercoors.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by daliandragon on 07-29-2012

Wow this stuff is really nasty only got it cause its the only malt liquor available at the store that knows me and I lost my ID. Thankfully that is not a problem anymore I got it now but when I came to a realization that I had peed in a beer can as well as had a few with left over beer in it and I could not tell by smell or taste which one was the beer. I then realized this is some nasty shiz its like they bottled urine and I am never drinking it again. I even like 211 better than this slop.

I didn't realize I was grabbing a malt but that is what I got. Very cheap but it tastes like cheap tangy, dry beer. If you have an acquired taste for malts, this is probably pretty good. If not, its not a good beer to drink and enjoy a movie. If you just want to get drunk...pinch your nose and guzzle it. Not for me.

1.12/5  rDev -54.5%

I'm not a beer snob, and I enjoy the merits of a cheap beer from time to time, but this is absolute garbage. I had one can and immediately felt hungover, which makes me seriously question its ingredients. I did have it cold, which should help, but any crispness was overtaken by a skunky, sweet taste.

1.15/5  rDev -53.3%

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: It's clear golden body has slowly rising bubbles, bubbles that rise to the top where a wisp of white resides after the head recedes. There is one hilarious line of lacing on the glass, and it's shaped like a frown. :(

Aroma: Corn, and metal. Not as in Korn and Nu Metal. It sort of smells vulgar, and illegal, like there's some unsavory chemicals being used in the mash tun.

Taste: The taste is a little cleaner than the aroma. It has a touch of sweetness, from what -- God only knows. Corn adjuncts or whatever the hell you use to brew an 8% beer that cost $1.29 in a 24 ounce can. The finish holds a burn from the ridiculous amount of alcohol, and probably a burn from the unhealthy ingredients used in the brewing process.

Mouthfeel: Somewhat medium to light bodied, considering the ABV it's fairly smooth, thus the 1.25 rating.

Overall: You ever play Truth or Dare, and take the Dare and regret it? That's this beer. And now I'm $1.29 poorer to show for it. :(

1.23/5  rDev -50%

If you're going to try it I can't stop you. It's nasty the worst beer I have ever had the misfortune to consume. It has a weird sweetness to it, almost artificial. Takes like oatmeal with a lot of alcohol. No amount of hops an cover the nastiness of this beer.

1.25/5  rDev -49.2%

1.25/5  rDev -49.2%

1.33/5  rDev -45.9%

1.51/5  rDev -38.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

1.59/5  rDev -35.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.66/5  rDev -32.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

This beer is only worth drinking if you are trying to get drunk. It tastes as sweet as you would expect from an 8% malt liquor that costs under a dollar for a tall boy. Really atrocious. That being said, if you are going to buy something like this, it is better than steel reserve or hurricanes.

1.67/5  rDev -32.1%

As macro lagers go regular Icehouse is just fine. It doesn't really stand out from the pack in any notable way. Icehouse Edge on the other hand is horrible. I can't take enough sips of this to think about what exactly I'm tasting beyond something like Windex. While there is some kind of sweet flavor happening in here, the main and distracting thing is some kind of chemical cleanser taste. It is straight up bad. I can drink just about anything in the standard gas station line up. I almost never do, but once in a great while I will have some high school nostalgia and go get some cheap snacks and some tall boy cheapo macro lagers. But this is something else altogether. It is a horrid product. I got such a great deal on it and now I guess I understand why. I poured out all but a few sips of it. It may be the worst beer I have ever had.

1.68/5  rDev -31.7%

Very malty/ corny.. alcohol sweet.. swill. This has one good use. Getting wasted. Simple and plain. Not a brew you wanna sip or let warm up. For its style.. they do.a decent job but as far as quality.. it should be illegal... but i must say.. these will get you drunk... if your looking for a cheap strong buzz.. just grab a few of these

1.72/5  rDev -30.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A - Pours clear yellow with a one finger white head. No lacing.

S - A variety of berries, aluminum, slight rice grains.

T - Mixed berries, aluminum, slight rice grain, alcoholic finish.

M - Heavily carbonated with a medium body.

O - Overall, this is once again, just another cheap beer. I doubt I'd have again.

1.73/5  rDev -29.7%

That's what i was thinking too. Really? Regular, everyday Icehouse doesn't produce enough bang for the buck? We have to give it an EDGE? Whatever, it's really hot outside and after the first few sips it'll probably be more or less fine.

Fills my mason jar with white head and a deep gold body. Head dies instantly with no lace. Nose is pure adjunct malt and some underlying evil. Amazingly, this does resemble Icehouse original, just eyes bleedingly worse. Oversweet, cloying, and doused in booze. Texture is thin and offers no protection from the taste. Like someone dumped a bottle of cheap grain alcohol in a barrel of Icehouse and rolled it down a hill to mix it up.

I drank Icehouse in college and actually enjoyed it, and still get it every once in a great while when I feel like slumming it, but I can't ever see trying this again. I have no better words, it's just yucky.

1.73/5  rDev -29.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

In theory, this should be an improvement on Icehouse. They took the base beer and created more alcohol. Perhaps one might call it a Double American Adjunct Lager. Unfortunately, the adjunct grains that were in the original still make up the taste. The aftertaste is dry and slightly bitter. The high level of carbonation carves out any sweetness pretty quickly. In terms of Icehouse, I don't need this in my life any more than the regular.

1.75/5  rDev -28.9%

1.75/5  rDev -28.9%

Icehouse Edge from Miller Brewing Co.