Redd's Apple Ale | Miller Brewing Co.

poor

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Pegasus on 11-18-2012

2.7

Ratings: 1,049 |  Reviews: 177

This is hard apple cider brewed like ale. You can't compare it with beer or traditional ale. As a hard cider it has an excellent flavor and finish. It tastes like fresh batch cider before it begins to get bitter with age. I personally can't compare it with beer or ale because they are completely different animals. As a cider it is wonderful but as a beer it is terrible. It's like expecting steak and tasting shrimp.

I drank all sorts of beer,did for years ( darks,lites,full flavor and less filling ) and noticed that all domestic beer started to taste the same so I began buying the foreign brews . I tried Redds apple ale this past weekend expecting wine-cooler copy but was pleasantly surprised. The taste was crisp from start to Finnish and is one I will continue to buy and turn my friends and family onto.

I read a lot of negative feed back but I have to disagree. I love this brew. I've been a fan from the very first one.Crisp refreshing flavor any time, anywhere. Nothing compares. 90% of the time I will buy this over anything in the cooler and there are plenty of choices.only wish they made 30 packs.

I can't see why anyone would want a apple flavored beer ever! but this beer has just a hint of apple flavor, all the flavors are good the apple, strawberry, tea, all of them good the only thing bad I would say is that you can only buy the specialty flavors in a variety pack and if you want to get drunk you would need more then the 12 pack to get there

The beer flavor is upfront with some cider taste as well. I like this as its got some flavor to it. Really good tasting and was refreshing in todays heat. I have never bought this but now i would.

Redd's apple ale is awesomely refreshing. Taste best with a glass of ice while taking nice hot bubble bath. I don't drink anything else. If you want to get drunk, It gets the job done without making you sick. It taste great and doesn't hurt your tummy like other beers. It must have real fruit because it keeps people regular as well. I don't a beer gut, or a hang over the next morning.

4.96/5  rDev +83.7%

Its avery tastefull apple beer

4.92/5  rDev +82.2%

4.85/5  rDev +79.6%

4.8/5  rDev +77.8%

4.76/5  rDev +76.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I really love this beer! Hard ciders are too acetic for me. I keep this in my fridge all the time. Really love it right after hot work. Also use it between other beer sessions to clean the palate. Nice and crisp.

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Easily my favorite "cheap" beer. Many cheap beers have a bitter taste even for beer. This one, has a fairly sweet and crisp taste to it. Like an apple. To me it pretty much does look like a normal beer, a yellowish color and all, but don't let that fool you. It's one of the tastier cheap beers out there.

Redd's Apple Ale from Miller Brewing Co.