Redd's Apple Ale | Miller Brewing Co.

poor

Added by Pegasus on 11-18-2012

2.7

Ratings: 1,050 |  Reviews: 177

4.24/5  rDev +57%

I have to say, I was surprised. I bought this thinking I was gonna get a strong ale beer with little apple taste. This holds true to it's name, and I can taste the apple like it's fresh from the grove. It has no (Zero) beer taste at all. I do like reg beer but I also like carbonated wines. And that's what I feel like I am drinking is a carbonated wine with a kick. Over all, I love this. And will buy it again. The look and color is very light. And I think that's why I bought it. I don't care for strong dark beers or ales. At 5% alcohol it will only take two to get that happy fussy feeling we all love. Good job Redds!

1.5/5  rDev -44.4%

2.25/5  rDev -16.7%

This is hard apple cider brewed like ale. You can't compare it with beer or traditional ale. As a hard cider it has an excellent flavor and finish. It tastes like fresh batch cider before it begins to get bitter with age. I personally can't compare it with beer or ale because they are completely different animals. As a cider it is wonderful but as a beer it is terrible. It's like expecting steak and tasting shrimp.

3.5/5  rDev +29.6%

3.25/5  rDev +20.4%

3.25/5  rDev +20.4%

1.98/5  rDev -26.7%

If it's supposed to be an ale then it should have some head... none. The body is caramel colored because it says "caramel color" added on the bottle.
The aroma is a sickly smell of old beer.
The taste is quite sweet with apple flavor dominating. No real beer flavors at all.
The texture is crisp with moderate carbonation.
It's this decade's Tequiza.

3.5/5  rDev +29.6%

2.75/5  rDev +1.9%

1.75/5  rDev -35.2%

Redd's Apple Ale from Miller Brewing Co.