Redd's Apple Ale | Miller Brewing Co.

Redd's Apple AleRedd's Apple Ale

View: Beers
Ratings: 1,061 |  Reviews: 179
2.75/5  rDev +0.7%

1.91/5  rDev -30%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Gross. Flat sour applejuiceish (apple juice is better) taste. Not very good.tasted like rotten apples. Not something I'd choose or even drink if it was offered to me. If you like flat gross Apple juice and don't know the difference between GOOD craft beers ( stone, flying dog, Avery, or any other craft beer) dont buy.

4.16/5  rDev +52.4%

Sampled right now on 4/7/14 but had in in the past a few times. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in a "REDD"S APPLE ALE" pilsner glass that I bought at the local Salvation Army store today for 29 cents. Brand new also! :)

Pours a golden yellow with NO head and no lacing either. Lots of tiny streaming bubbles are seen rising from the bottom. Looks like a glass of carbonated apple juice. The aroma is of apples of course with a hint of grain. The taste is about the same with a good crisp apple taste with a hint of beer. Goes down easy and very drinkable anytime of the year. I like this one as well as their 'Strawberry Ale'.

3.25/5  rDev +19%

3.75/5  rDev +37.4%

3.25/5  rDev +19%

4.24/5  rDev +55.3%

I have to say, I was surprised. I bought this thinking I was gonna get a strong ale beer with little apple taste. This holds true to it's name, and I can taste the apple like it's fresh from the grove. It has no (Zero) beer taste at all. I do like reg beer but I also like carbonated wines. And that's what I feel like I am drinking is a carbonated wine with a kick. Over all, I love this. And will buy it again. The look and color is very light. And I think that's why I bought it. I don't care for strong dark beers or ales. At 5% alcohol it will only take two to get that happy fussy feeling we all love. Good job Redds!

1.5/5  rDev -45.1%

2.25/5  rDev -17.6%

This is hard apple cider brewed like ale. You can't compare it with beer or traditional ale. As a hard cider it has an excellent flavor and finish. It tastes like fresh batch cider before it begins to get bitter with age. I personally can't compare it with beer or ale because they are completely different animals. As a cider it is wonderful but as a beer it is terrible. It's like expecting steak and tasting shrimp.

3.5/5  rDev +28.2%

Redd's Apple Ale from Miller Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.73 out of 5 with 1,061 ratings