New London Porter | Three Rivers Eatery And Brewhouse

Added by chileman13 on 08-31-2008

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.87/5  rDev 0%

Served in a pint glass, this porter is a medium brown with a thin tan head. One of the lightest colored porters I have seen. Smell is a hint of roasted malt. Taste is nice and roasted up front, coffee and chocolate notes, with a nice sweet malt middle, and earthy hop finish. Mouthfeel is somewhat light, though I don't really like the nitro pour. Quite drinkable, this is a very nice porter other than the nitro that I would definitely get again.

4/5  rDev 0%

Expertly drawn from tap into my 22 oz mug club mug.
A- This brew came to the table with 1 finger of tan head. (no short pour here)It is a dark brown and I was unable to judge clarity. It shows very good lacing as I drink it.
A- Dark roasted carmel malt. Reminds me of holiday molasses cookies.
T-The first flavor is smokey carmel malts. A very small hops undertone is detectable.
M- The mouthfeel is lighter than most Porters. The carbonation fits well.
D- This is a very drinkable Porter. It went well with the great burger I was eating. I would like to see this as a regular offering @3RB.

New London Porter from Three Rivers Eatery And Brewhouse