Alawicious Whit | Iron Springs Pub & Brewery

3.58/5
Good
1 Rating

Iron Springs Pub & Brewery
ironspringspub.com

Style: Witbier

Added by mjl21 on 04-16-2009

3.58/5  rDev 0%

On tap at the brewpub. Poured into a pint glass. Described as a springtime Belgian whit. Comes in at 5.5%.

A-Hazy straw yellow with lots of bubbles rising up the side of the glass. Has a minor white head that sticks around.

S-Chamomile and lemongrass were added to this beer and they are definitely noticeable. The nose reminds me of the Chamamellow available on tap at Rogue in SF. As it warms I pick up on clove. They use Hallertau hops and it gives this a nice pilsner smell as well.

T-A lot like it smells. The lemongrass comes out stronger on the tongue. The traditional whit flavors of clove, banana, etc. come out when I swish this through my mouth.

M-Medium bodied with crisp carbonation. Has a very dry mouthfeel. The head that sticks around throughout gives this one a nice level of creaminess.

D-The low abv makes this one easy to put back. I would prefer to have a lttle less lemongrass and chamomile in there.

This is an easy drinking warm weather beer after spending a long day out in West Marin. I would prefer a witbier that more closely resembles the style, but I always can appreciate going out and tweaking a traditional style.

Alawicious Whit from Iron Springs Pub & Brewery