Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor) | JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)

Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)
2.63/5
Poor
Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)

JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)
Illinois, United States
schlitzgusto.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

None provided.

View: Beers
2.42/5  rDev -8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Wants so much to be a good beer, but just falls short. Drink the golden can over this, its about 100x better. Has an off metallic taste, and just tastes "off" in general. Other than that its not all bad, but I wouldn't buy again if the High Gravity version was in stock.

1.67/5  rDev -36.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

4.94/5  rDev +87.8%

This economy Beer is a major contender with top notch brews. For the price, I recommend you skip pabst, miller and coors. Go for the Bull. The look is super clear, light straw in appearance. The presentation of the can is fair. Since this is a economic Beer, I suppose the design is not bad. The nose is sweet and yeasty with some slight spoiled grain smell. Meh, the smell is boring. For flavor, this is not exceptional but very similar to Miller high life. Top end sweetness with faint yeast/white bread notes, quickly goes into some maltiness and hop bitterness in the middle. The finish is a little wet. I really enjoyed the body of this beer. Good sting carbonation that pricks your pallet with a fantastic creamy texture as it goes down. Very nice medium body. As you drink, the hops and ethyl acetate build up on your pallet, rendering your taste buds useless. I believe Schlitz malt liquor tastes much better than Miller high life due to the fact high life has a thin body and a overwhelming canned vegetable taste. This beer has none of that! If you are looking for something with more flavor and more alcohol hit, I recommend this beer!

3.67/5  rDev +39.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Pours a clear bright golden yellow with medium head.
Smell is pretty light corn and grain.
Taste is sweet malt, grain, and a hint of apple in the finish.
Better than expected.

3.1/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

One of the better Malt Liquors out there, and I have tried about all of them. I remember the old commercial "don't say beer, say bull." If I want a little "boost" during an afternoon of draining cans, I generally alternate the bull and whatever aal is in the fridge at the time. Not wonderful, but it does the job, and I have never sputtered in disgust when taking a sip/chug of one of these. Then again, I don't ask for much. Between all of the smoking I did in my younger days (thankfully behind me) and all of the spicy foods I like now, my taste buds may be sub-par. Good for me, 'cause I will drink about anything.

Schlitz oml is a great malt liquor just hard to find
So you end up drinking what is available near home or close

4.75/5  rDev +80.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.38/5  rDev +66.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

3.7/5  rDev +40.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

The Stroh Brewing Co. "Schlitz Malt Liquor"
32 fl. oz. brown glass bottle, coded "JUL0317..." and sample on 2 October 2017
$2.76 @ New Stop Discount Liquor Outlet, Camden, NJ

Notes via stream of consciousness: Risking life and limb in Camden, NJ (currently #10 in the country for murders) I picked up a 32 oz. bottle of Schlitz Malt Liquor. It wasn't until after I left that I realized I'd screwed up. I thought to myself, "Damn, you was supposed to get a 40!". Oh well. It's got a fingerprint-through-the-glass clarity in a light straw gold body beneath a foamy then creamy white head that holds surprisingly well and leaves some very nice lacing behind. What is going on? And there are also some hops found in the aroma - not just background hops, but clear hops along with sweetish golden malt. I must be having a very good "nose day" because I don't remember ever having a malt liquor that smelled of hops. I'd say they're floral and a bit herbal. There's also some fruit there as well, apple-like. Ahhh, and yes, that carries over into the flavor, there's a clear note of juicy red apple amidst the sweetish malt and hops. Keep in mind, these hops are not to the strength that most craft beer drinkers will think of, but they're there nonetheless. I was just about to say that there are also no off-notes, aromas or flavors due to a high fermentation but as I'm looking at the bottle I see that it's only 5.9% ABV - that explains a lot. Budweiser is currently 5.0% so it's not really that much higher. There's just a light hint of extra alcohol that actually works with the slight bit of extra malt. It's not bad, and in fact, it's pretty good - at least for a malt liquor. So let's sum up so far. It's got surprisingly good head retention and it leaves very nice lacing, and the aroma is nice. There's a hint of alcohol that I didn't find at first but it's not bad at all; and the flavor is very well balanced as well. Could it be a touch more bitter to balance the malt and give a drier finish? Perhaps, but this is a malt liquor which is supposed to be a little sweet. It's medium bodied and moderately crisp, which accentuates it's sweetish adjunct-laden golden maltiness but still it's smooth and quite nice - I'll give it a 3.5 as I think it could be a little crisper, but then again, I have to keep in mind that this is an American malt liquor and it's supposed to be more malty and smooth. Hmmm, I don't know, maybe it should get a 3.75 for being to style. So, the only thing left to judge it on is it's overall character, and in that regard I originally thought that it was one of the best malt liquors I'd ever tasted, and the fact that it had some hops and very nice lacing was a huge bonus.

2.93/5  rDev +11.4%

2.4/5  rDev -8.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2

1.65/5  rDev -37.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Hard to drink an entire 40 compared to OE, my go-to. There is a faint sweetness that tastes artificial, like corn syrup. Paired with the high-gravity flavor and the blue bull design, I feel like I'm drinking a terrible mix drink. It was on sale at my bodega though, so I bought it a few times.

2.08/5  rDev -20.9%

3.15/5  rDev +19.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

3.02/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

3.02/5  rDev +14.8%

Malty and bold taste, which at least is more interesting than AAL's. Slightly bitter. In college we had SML on ice with a twist of lemon, called it a Schlitz Twist. It vastly improved it, and was great on a hot summer day. But - we would drink anything back then...

2.34/5  rDev -11%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.35/5  rDev -10.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

2.51/5  rDev -4.6%

A decent malt liquor. Bought at some hole in the wall liquor store near St. Louis on my way to Lake Timberline. Poured a golden straw color with a head that didn't stick around too long. Aroma was corn with a whiff of booze. Can't seem to find it here in Massachusetts.

2.59/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor) from JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)