Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor) | JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)

Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)
Liked This Beer
2.58 w/ 189 ratings
Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor)

JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)
Illinois, United States
schlitzgusto.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by Todd on 03-27-2002

Liked:
2.58/5
Alströms:

This is the nastiest stuff I've ever had. I bought a 40 of it and only had 3 sips. One to taste it, the second to taste again, becuase I didn't believe how nasty it was, and the third just to make sure. The color was nothing special, just a really pale yellow, with no head, but some carbonation. The smell was like a skunk was in a dirty sock, takin' brown. The taste was just like the smell unfortunately. Needless to say, I'm never going to buy another. If there were 0 on here, it would get a total score of 0.

1.18/5  rDev -54.3%

I'll confess, I picked up a pint of this on a whim. Not often you get a pint this cheap. It cost me just buck and some pocket change. Pours fairly well, and has a rather nice color to it. Doesn't really smell like much. This last bit's the most surprising, because it tastes like a puddle of frat-party vomit. High alcohol, low on every other feature that really makes beer enjoyable. As I drank it, I felt myself developing an urge to watch football excessively and crush the can on my head. I'd recommend buying a can, just to remind yourself why you shell out the extra cash for a beer that doesn't taste like it was fished from a drainage ditch.

1.25/5  rDev -51.6%

1.28/5  rDev -50.4%

1.36/5  rDev -47.3%

1.48/5  rDev -42.6%

Poured pretty aggressively yielding 2 fingers of white head that dissipated at a medium rate. The beer is a clear straw color with good carbonation.

Smells skunky with a bit of malt and grain.

tastes skunky and grainy. Really bad.

Clean and crisp mouthfeel.

Drinking this almost makes me wanna puke. Very hard to drink.

Wish we got a clear picture of the can before it was crushed. lol...

1.53/5  rDev -40.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Like most malt liquors, Schlitz is something I hope to never drink again. The yellow color and poor head make me think it should be enjoyed from the can. Wait, did I just say enjoy? There was nothing enjoyable about the taste or smell. Both were of corny grains and cheap alcohol. The body was light and a little syrupy. At just under six percent, this isn't even good for getting drunk.

1.58/5  rDev -38.8%

Well I've had worse malt liquors but not much worse. It poured a piss yellow color with a suprisingy decent head that stayed around and left a touch of lace. The smell was horrible with nothing but skunk and grain. The taste was just as bad, with a really nasty sweetness that made me pucker with disgust after every sip. This is one I will never be drinking again, give me a Mickey's any day!

1.6/5  rDev -38%

1.65/5  rDev -36%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Hard to drink an entire 40 compared to OE, my go-to. There is a faint sweetness that tastes artificial, like corn syrup. Paired with the high-gravity flavor and the blue bull design, I feel like I'm drinking a terrible mix drink. It was on sale at my bodega though, so I bought it a few times.

1.7/5  rDev -34.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Could be the worst brew my young beer intellect has had yet. Worse, I don't find Schlitz to be as bad as it is made out to be. But this, was bad. Even the bottle is ghetto. It is just a silver label with the "Blue Bull" and it says Schlitz Malt Liquor. Can you make something generic if it is already generic. The brew itself is a cheap, alcoholic speedball. It has no redeeming qualities as the taste is very weak and bitter, but the mouthfeel is one of smoothness because it goes right down the pike. This is designed for someone to slam a couple on the cheap and get their buzz.

1.71/5  rDev -33.7%

Pours a clear pale gold with a minimal frothy head and not a lot of lace. The aroma is sweet with some malt bread and vegetal elements noticeable. The taste is quite full flavored for a macro lager, but not pleasant. Heavy sweetness mixes with cooked corn and other vegetal flavors upfront. In the background there's a dull hop bitterness and some alcohol spice. The mouthfeel is medium bodied and heavily carbonated and even booze numbing.

This is a poor example of a malt liquor, its too sweet and vegetal.

1.72/5  rDev -33.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

For malt liquor this has to be one of the best

1.75/5  rDev -32.2%

Schlitz O.M.L. (Malt Liquor) from JOS. Schlitz Brewing Co. (Pabst)
Beer rating: 7.9% out of 100 with 189 ratings