Brownstone | Sixpoint Brewery

Sixpoint Brewery
New York, United States
sixpoint.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Our bedrock Brown Ale, and one of the first beers ever brewed by Sixpoint. A smooth, malty trip down a hop-lined Brooklyn street.

Added by Sixpoint on 03-15-2005

3.9

3.76/5  rDev -3.6%

For starters, I am not a fan of Brown Ales. But I have loved each Sixpoint brew I have tasted.

The pour was solid brown with a very nice light cream colored head. There really wasn't much of an aroma that I could detect. I poured more into another glass to check for aromas, but again pretty neutral.

The taste was very full and soft. Softer then most brown ale's that I have tasted.

The finish was good and neutral.

So, my summary is that this one is pleasant. I have nothing negative to say about this ale, and on the other hand, I have nothing very positive to say, except that it is good tasting beer. I am glad I tasted it, but it wouldnt be something I would have again.

However, keep in mind, I really do not like Brown Ales to start with, but I always enjoy tasting different beers. Not only for my personal reviews, but it helps when it comes to describing various beers to our customers.

3.76/5  rDev -3.6%

The Brownstone from Sixpoint was a nice beer I tried at the local Tap House & Grill. The beer poured a clear brownish amber with 1/2 finger thick white head that left a nice lacing. The smell was faint but carried biscuit and malt. The taste was a smooth well balanced Brown that was easily sessionable. The mouthfeel was medium in body with smooth carbonation. Overall this was a good brown and worth a try.

Brownstone from Sixpoint Brewery