Sweet Action | Sixpoint Brewery

4.5/5  rDev +14.8%

3.56/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

At Taphouse

A - hazy straw amber. Pillowy off-white head, stacks of clingy lace

S - too cold, but hint mango, peach

T - hoppy and zesty. Apricots, mango, tangerine. Finishes slightly sweet.

M - light and nicely carbonated

O - first of style, nice surprise. Easy drinking but well flavoursome beer.

4.5/5  rDev +14.8%

3.25/5  rDev -17.1%

4.19/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I have to be honest, I tried this beer blind and did not see what exactly it was until I looked up the beer online. Apparently, it is a very complex cream ale, which I very much enjoyed. In western New York, Gennessee cornered the cream ale market and provides the only real option.

Sixpoint craft beers has taken a beer that older generations refer to as "screamers" and made it into a mature beer for a contemporary crowd. I got all the malty, buttery, and caramel notes that one expects in a cream ale with some surprising citrus elements accompanied by an acceptable appearance but lackluster liveliness in the beer and head.

Although in the hierarchy of beer cream ales do not rank highly, "Sweet Action" is a solid drinkable beer that goes well with unsophicated but beloved american fare (pizza, wings, brownies, bugers, and fries)

4.75/5  rDev +21.2%

4.25/5  rDev +8.4%

4.56/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I always enjoy this beer in new ways. Today I had it with some graham crackers with peanut butter and honey (it's late and I didn't want to eat a lot before bed OR drink beer on an empty stomach), it was actually a nice pairing. There are some hints of orange marmalade in this Sweet Action that go well with the honey and graham.
I really love the mouthfeel of this beer, you can feel the bubbles on your tongue. I can smell butter in this one and brown sugar, and indeed it is a bit creamy at first, gliding to the back of the tongue and then after you swallow, a tint of hops! Glorious. And really, don't you feel like a champ carrying a little boxed four pack? Now the neighborhood drunk won't follow you when he hears the bottles clanking together in your bag. This is getting a little too personal, I'll just mention that the appearance of this beer is really quite sexy in a clean yet unfiltered kinda way, and that's what this beer is all about: balance.

edit (01-2015): Bought one of the six packs and was so excited to drink it down after the first sip proved even better than I remember it. I ended my last review highlighting the 'balance' of this beer, but I'll add that it does not lack character and I think SixPoint's beers tend to improve over time consciously which is of course quite commendable. Kudos, y'all!

Sweet Action from Sixpoint Brewery