Sweet Action | Sixpoint Brewery

4.24/5  rDev +8.2%

4.5/5  rDev +14.8%

4.1/5  rDev +4.6%

3.48/5  rDev -11.2%

Pours a nice rusty amber that is slightly cloudy and a deliciously sweet two finger head.

An aroma of caramel and roasted malts, are gentle on the nose and very inviting.

Sweet caramel, slight citrus, and a slight spicy hop profile are very well balanced.

Mouthfeel is smooth as butter, though different than the stock cream ale smoothness.

Overall, while I don't necessarily agree with the "cream ale" status, it's an irrelevant issue considering this is delicious.

3.92/5  rDev 0%

3.44/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.52/5  rDev -10.2%

4.5/5  rDev +14.8%

3.8/5  rDev -3.1%

3.75/5  rDev -4.3%

How can I describe this beer? Every beer is an experience, let's not forget that. This experience, for me, is one of liberation and relief. I cracked open a nice 45 degree can of Sixpoint Sweet Action at 12:30 AM after working for 27 hours with only an hour or two of breaks and no sleep for the last 36. The first impression I got, as it passed over my tongue, was one of peculiarity. Is this just an old IPA? No, it's too fresh for that. Could it be a poorly done barleywine? Well it's a weak one if that proves to be the case. The malt overcomes the hops almost as soon as I register the mouthfeel, a slight tingle from the carbonation with a smooth finish, but it's not so sweet as to take away the slight sour character. It very subtly blooms into an almost fruity aftertaste.

Clearly, this beer is not to be trifled with, especially in a weakened state of mind. Perhaps a fresh taste would spark new views, but with this little sleep, it's just not the refreshing jolt I was hoping to find. I'd drink it again, for sure, since I still have several left, but I'm not sure that I would offer it to my mother-in-law. All in all, solid beer with a strange character.

Sweet Action from Sixpoint Brewery