Sweet Action | Sixpoint Brewery

Sixpoint Brewery
New York, United States
sixpoint.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

If you traced from 2004, you’d see that SWEET ACTION is a representation of our palates at any given point in time… it’s a vibe more so than it was ever one distinct formulation. This version, a juicy, blonde wheat ale, is the latest iteration in that story.

Added by Sixpoint on 03-04-2005

Liked:
3.91/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,308 |  Reviews: 597

3.8/5  rDev -2.8%

3.75/5  rDev -4.1%

How can I describe this beer? Every beer is an experience, let's not forget that. This experience, for me, is one of liberation and relief. I cracked open a nice 45 degree can of Sixpoint Sweet Action at 12:30 AM after working for 27 hours with only an hour or two of breaks and no sleep for the last 36. The first impression I got, as it passed over my tongue, was one of peculiarity. Is this just an old IPA? No, it's too fresh for that. Could it be a poorly done barleywine? Well it's a weak one if that proves to be the case. The malt overcomes the hops almost as soon as I register the mouthfeel, a slight tingle from the carbonation with a smooth finish, but it's not so sweet as to take away the slight sour character. It very subtly blooms into an almost fruity aftertaste.

Clearly, this beer is not to be trifled with, especially in a weakened state of mind. Perhaps a fresh taste would spark new views, but with this little sleep, it's just not the refreshing jolt I was hoping to find. I'd drink it again, for sure, since I still have several left, but I'm not sure that I would offer it to my mother-in-law. All in all, solid beer with a strange character.

3.88/5  rDev -0.8%

3.75/5  rDev -4.1%

A: A golden orange in color, with a little transparency, a nice white head at the top, a nice lacing around the glass as you drink this one.

S: Nose on this one consists of biscuits, caramel, brown sugar and some lemon as well, some nice spice on the tail end as well.

T: Just like the nose with more spice and creaminess on the end, the biscuits and caramel are present up front

M: Medium bodied, silky, and moderate carbonation.

O:Not a bad brew at all, well balanced and tasty as well, Sixpoint does a good job with the brews, I enjoyed the simplicity of this one with the good taste.

4.8/5  rDev +22.8%