Resin | Sixpoint Brewery

Sixpoint Brewery
New York, United States
sixpoint.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

An ode to the sticky quintessence of hops that never forgoes balance. This piney, resinous Double IPA clocks in at over 100 IBUs.

"First formulated in 2004, this is the story of the sticky quintessence of the hop cone, and all of the joy it brings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4neeh3ziWw "

Added by Jason on 01-10-2012

Ratings: 4,775 |  Reviews: 880

Sticky, dank, hoppy, malty and somehow not sweet. I love this beer

I was in the mood for a double IPA or something similarly piney yet crisp. I was actually planning to get some Sierra Nevada Tornado when this can caught my eye in the package store. I had never had a Sixpoint brew before but decided to give it a try. Wow! Slightly cloudy appearance, tenacious lace on the glass. Great taste, very strongly piney and a little heavy bodied for a dIPA. I really enjoyed this beer's drinkability. I will certainly buy this again. (Note: It did wallop me with a pretty nasty hangover the next morning, which I attributed to the heavy hops and high ABV.)

This is one of those beers that make me realize that cans are not so bad.

I usually put it in a pint glass but occasionally I have had it straight from the can and found it to actually be somewhat more enjoyable… maybe that's the kid in me remembering my younger days… fun times.

This is a hefty beer at over 9% and the flavor is an intense bitterness offset with a malty character that makes it very pleasant to drink. It has a nice bite on the finish that lingers well into my next serving.

Great with spicy foods.

(Addendum)

As I forage the land for a fruitful bounty, I find myself more and more coming back to Resin. It's consistent and solid and I can't seem to get out from under it's spell.

Greatest beer ever? I say yes. As a major IPA fan, this is the most perfect one I've found for my taste.

Resin from Sixpoint Brewery