Apollo | Sixpoint Brewery

Liked:
3.82/5
Alströms:

3.47/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

4.24/5  rDev +11%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Apollo brewed by Sixpoint Brewery, 5.20% ABV. This Kristalweizen pours out a nice deep golden amber color with a nice white head. The smell of this ale is rich with grains and malts. You also pick up on some nice hops in the smell of this brew. This brew has the look and smell of most Kristalweizen on the market. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. Now for the taste, it is bold with flavors. You first pick up on grains and malts. Then there is nice smoothness of hops. I also pick up on some sourness from the taste of this brew. There is a lot going on in Apollo. I like how this brew is bold at first then smooth. This is a nice drinking brew. Apollo, has a real nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. I really like how smooth this Kristalweizen is. The mouthfeel of Apollo, is rich, bold, clean, and smooth. Overall I'm giving Sweet Action a 4.25 out of 5. I would buy this brew again. Sixpoint Brewery did a real nice job with this brew.

3.3/5  rDev -13.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Found one of these in the way back of my beer fridge. What will my first (that I know of) "kristalweizen" experience be? I already like this one pint can... .

Appearance 3.0: Pours out a golden color with very little head. No lacing.

Smell 3.5: OK nose on this brew. Grains, a peppery spice and slight hint of malt.

Taste 3.25: Front is where the tartness slips in and really that is all there is at this level. Middle is where a the tartness fades to sour in a big wave along with some hints of rye and more malt. Finish is tart, sour and dry. Some grains here, but very little to let you know you are drinking a beer. This could be some strange concoction from an island off of Bali for all I know. Very little "beer" taste to this brew. Aftertaste is short, dry, sour and strangely appealing.

Mouthfeel 3.25: Dry and thin in the mouth. Nonetheless, it is refreshing.

Overall 3.25: OK brew, I guess. Certain "wild yeast" flavors in it remind me of several geuze beers I have had over the years. Nonetheless, this is a beer that is odd, funky and not entirely palatable. I do not think I would purchase it again.

4.25/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.32/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.5/5  rDev +17.8%